2016 Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Election

I predict the Democrats will nominate Hillary. I don't know who the Republicans will nominate, but if they follow the usual pattern of nominating the runner up from the last time around, it will be Santorum. And he would lose.
    Last edited by Skinview; 11-07-2012, 08:34 PM.

Re: 2016 Election

Democrats will nominate Elizabeth Warren and she will become America's first female President in 2016.

Republicans will run Jeb Bush hoping his family will bring in some of the Hispanic vote for them, although Republicans won't actually do anything to dump the racists in their base or advocate for issues that would benefit people of color.

Republicans will lose again and continue to believe it's because they aren't far enough to the right, although a few of the brighter ones might realize they need to stop running the right-wing crazys like the rape caucus candidates, the witches, the 2nd amendment solution advocates and other similar Republican whack jobs that have cost them five Senate seats in two election cycles.

That's my prediction and I'm sticking with it.
    Last edited by Navigator; 11-07-2012, 01:48 PM.

Comment

There is a very good chance that Obama is going to tap Jeb Bush to be point man in working out bipartisan immigration reform. That could propel Jeb to the top of the GOP list, or rather cement him there since by many accounts he is already the 'next guy'. Unless he is attacked by the crazies and FOX news like Chris Christie was for not being sufficiently belligerent to a Democrat.

I'm not convinced Hillary wants another run, but she'd be formidable if she choose to. But 4 years is a long time, so don't count out some up and coming Democrats like NY governor Andrew Cuomo and Newark mayor Cory Booker, or even one of the Castro twins from Texas - San Antonio mayor Julian Castro, or his brother Joaquín, who was just elected to the US House. It is no coincidence that Julian Castro gave the keynote to the 2012 Democratic Convention, just like Obama was chosen to Keynote the 2004 Convention. Being chosen for the Keynote address is a sign of great expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinview View Post
        I predict the Democrats will nominate Hillery. I don't know who the Republicans will nominate, but if they follow the usual pattern of nominating the runner up from the last time around, it will be Santorum. And he would lose.
        Hillary Clinton has been pretty clear that she has no desire for any job in politics, elected or appointed, after her current one runs it's course and I believe her. Biden is an obvious possibility for Democrats. Andrew Cuomo is a possibility. Over the course of three years before the candidates have to commit I'm sure plenty of other possibilities will emerge. As for Republicans I agree with your assessment of the Republican pattern of nominating the next person in line, but I think Ryan fits that better than Santorum. As early as Monday some of Ryan's supporters were talking him up as the future of the Republican party. I think he'd do better than Santorum obviously but not good enough to win.

Comment

Opinions that I read indicate that Flordians overall we satisfied with Jeb Bush as Governor. There is already talk of him for 2016 but my concern is the "Bush Brand" if you will. Do you think the electorate and media will evaluate him as "Jeb Bush" in his own right or will he be judged-by-association with George W.?

Comment

I'd like to see Condi run. It would dispel the white guy image of the Republican Party, but she has Bush baggage. I think eight years after W, that wouldn't weigh so much.

Comment

he won't do it, but the perfect republican to run in 2016 would be Colin Powel , he is honest and even us democrats respect him

Comment

I think Marco Rubio will be considered for the Republicans also. I am not sure Jeb wants it...however, as mentioned, he did well for Florida.

Comment

The Republicans need to figure out if they are going to swing to the middle in the hopes of connecting with more minority groups and moderates or swing even further right to appease the far right wing-nuts. Either way it looks like a lose-lose situation for Republicans as they cannot come up with a way to unify what they have. Also add having the problem of failing to deliver for the big money boys doesn't work to their benefit. The video of Rove on Fox News on election night shows that Rove is under some stress like a mobster who failed to deliver for a Mafia Boss.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinview View Post
                    I'd like to see Condi run. It would dispel the white guy image of the Republican Party, but she has Bush baggage. I think eight years after W, that wouldn't weigh so much.
                    Think we will get Condi v Hillary?

Comment

Originally posted by Kouak View Post
                      The crazies and religious zealots in the GOP would never accept Condi because she is unmarried and thus 'probably a lesbian'. Plus that other thing ...

Comment

Originally posted by Naturist Mark View Post
                        The crazies and religious zealots in the GOP would never accept Condi because she is unmarried and thus 'probably a lesbian'. Plus that other thing ...
                        Tough for them, because the rest of us don't care, and there are more of us. We made them choke on a mormon...

Comment

Originally posted by Kouak View Post
                          Probably not, but we can dream...
                          http://www.ontheissues.org/Condi_vs_Hillary.htm

Comment

Originally posted by naturalandfree View Post
                            he won't do it, but the perfect republican to run in 2016 would be Colin Powel , he is honest and even us democrats respect him
                            Powell could have been nominated in 1996. He could have won the general election then. After endorsing Obama, he wouldn't have a snowball's chance on Venus.
                            http://spiritclips.com/films/powell

Comment

Originally posted by naturalandfree View Post

He's an independent not a Republican but it's a moot point, he'd never get through the primary.

Comment

Working...
                              X