Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guns don't kill, V.P.'s do (well injure at least)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guns don't kill, V.P.'s do (well injure at least)

Cheney shoots fellow hunter:
    http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/nation...eney-hunt.html

Comment

This is sure to open LOTS of anti-gun quacks. I'm sure tomorrow's paper will be full of editorials/cartoons depicting this accident in the most negative way possible. Why? Because it sells more newspapers.
      I also had a "hunting accident" when I was in my teens. No one was hurt but the fault was mine. I stopped field hunting that day.

I still shoot for pleasure/practice but only at paper/clay targets. Life member of the NRA. I'll continue to support field events and sporting arms. But, because of what happened many years ago, I will never hunt open field again.

Sadly missing those misty mornings, restless dogs, and the comraderie of good friends.
      Rick

Comment

What I wonder is if this shooting accident was investigated by the proepr authorities with a blood sample of the shooter being taken to see if he was impaired.

Wanna bet?

As for as shooting and hunting goes, well after hunting and being hunted by the world's most dangerous game I've given up shooting critters.

But, I'm thinking about getting an M1 from the CMP resale deal, factory standard M1s ocne "used" by the Danish army $400 -$800 bucks. Just to see if I can still put a round up up a gnats bunghole at 500 yards, and knock off those damn feral pigs taht are tearing up the pasture.

But, back to Cheney, he's lucky he didn't take the guy's head off. Damn careless shooting without looking, cause if he'd have looked, he wouldn't have shot.

But hey, silver, dude..there's still coon hunting, grab a jug of WT, black jack or some Dr. Beam, load the dogs into the pickem up, get some buddies, turn the dogs loose, build a fire, drink whiskey, roast spuds in the embers and tell lies and listen to the dogs run ole bandit face up a tree one mo time. Heck dang yeah.

Line up your sight, take in a deep breath, let half out and squeeze.

Comment

I cannot believe the cynicism of the liberals on this board.

I am sure that this incident will be as investigated as thoroughly as the Weapons of Mass Deception issue. No doubt one of Cheney's body guards probably meant to say something like "There's Harry over there" but actually said "There's quarry over there" and Cheney just reacted with the information he was given.

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by sliver:
            This is sure to open LOTS of anti-gun quacks. I'm sure tomorrow's paper will be full of editorials/cartoons depicting this accident in the most negative way possible. Why? Because it sells more newspapers.

Yeah, there ought to be a law limiting how humourous cartoons about Pres. and V. Pres. can be -- could be part of the 2006 version of the Alien and Sedition Act.

Comment

quote:
              This is sure to open LOTS of anti-gun quacks.

Is that like um.. an unqualified doctor who doesn't support guns

quote:

Sadly missing those misty mornings, restless dogs, and the comraderie of good friends.
              Rick

I'm sure there are better activities over which to bond than killing defenseless, innocent, dumb animals. Congrats on giving up hunting.

Comment

You can bet your a** the liberal media will no doubt, turn this into a political agenda, especially the ones who want to enforce gun control. I can hear it now.

Comment

quote:

Don't think this is a left wing thing. You know full well that if Kerry or Dean did this the media would be all over it too.

Stop looking for something that isn't there...

Qikdraw

Comment

What is surprising is that it was reported at all, what with the mass media firmly in the right wing hip pocket.

As to an investigation into the circumstances that led to the "accidental" shooting, why should you expect something that is required by law most everywhere to be adhered to?

Comment

Sounds like the white house didnt want this to be reported as it was almost 24hrs later after a owner of the farm told a local paper about it then it made the news. its not a sport unless the animals have guns too

Comment

I am sure many will say guns should be banned and VP Chaney impeached. I think cars should be banned and Sen Kennedy jailed.

Comment

I don't want guns outlawed, I only favor common sense restrictions. If a person does use a gun they should be used with great care and responsibility. I think it speaks to his personality that he lacked caution. I do believe it was an accident but it seems to be a careless preventable accident.

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by hm0504:

This is a tragedy for Cheney and his friend. Another tragedy is that we turn such things into political fuel.

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by CharlieMike:
                              I am sure many will say guns should be banned and VP Chaney impeached. I think cars should be banned and Sen Kennedy jailed.

Now thats just crazy talk.

My opinion on this is the right is making far to big a deal of what the left might say. You're creating the very thing you say the left is doing. Its just stupid.

Anyway... Cheney had an accident, thats it, an accident. Yes its going to make news, he's a big news item guy thingy... The right is complaining because it made the news... Maybe the right is afraid the left will do to Cheney what the right has done to Kennedy and the whole Kopeckny(sp?) drowning. Whats the saying? "We fear most what is in ourselves." Or something like that.

Anyway, my take on guns & hunting... Hunting is fine, trophy hunting is not. (at least eat what you kill, not for the 'sport' of it)
                              Guns are fine, although I have no idea why there is a need for an assault rifle to be used against animals with no way to shoot back.

Qikdraw

Comment

Working...
                              X