new dove self-esteem campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new dove self-esteem campaign

This is a wonderful commercial, and a much needed, and long overdue issue.

self-esteem commercial

What can we, as naturists, do to assist with this?

This is a wonderful commercial, and a much needed, and long overdue issue.

self-esteem commercial

What can we, as naturists, do to assist with this?

Comment

i agree. i love the representation of real folks, not models

Comment

Very nice. I haven't seen it on TV yet. Dove has some commercials with normal women now too.

It is nice to see more normal people advertising beauty products. Too bad that I can't use Dove or other mainstream products since they make me itch!

Comment

I saw it, didn't do much for me. Wasn't sure what they wanted. But then I have trouble with most commercials these days. When they're done, I ask, "What product was that for?"

The problem with the self-esteem these days, is that people seem to think that any sort of praise improves self-esteem. I think self-esteem must be earned. You get self-esteem by doing something that you know was worthwhile. As schools move more and more to eliminate competition, it becomes harder and harder to earn self-esteem. The more areas of competition there are, the more opportunities there are to win. Some can excel in athletics, some in academics, some in other extracurriculars, some in being geeks on their computers, etc. I think the message should be, "Everybody's good at something. Be proud of what you do well!"

Comment

Basically it goes back to the same old issue which is, everybody should look like a model figure. Models are 'perfect' and have absolutely no worries at all concerning their features. You know, the perfect '10's' that are all over the television screens, billboards and magazine ads?

I think the link provided by lightmetal is a way of telling others not to worry about others, but just take care of yourselves, and not to worry about your looks, because we all have our own looks. In other words, to live and let live. Don't worry what others think.

Just an opinion.

Comment

Dove is pretty good on advertising, I think. One of their past slogans was "Love the skin you're in"

I didn't take it to mean that you could only love the skin you're in by using their product but rather love your skin, treat yourself right and use a high quality product on it to pamper it.

On the converse, you have lubriderm telling you that if you don't use their product, you will resemble a crocodile.

So I have favored Dove's ads for a while.

Comment

I thougbt the Dove Commercial was great and our kids understood it too.

Comment

The commercial provided a good message. I got it and am sure others will understand the message. Be who you are and authentic. It works every time!

Comment

Working...
                  X