Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jesus used Canabis

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jesus used Canabis

    Here's one that will set the 'fundies' into a tailspin.

    Jesus was a doper and used canabis regularly.

    Check out the evidence from the 'written word of god himself' the bible ... Jesus using drugs .

  • #2
    Alas, the link is broken or something. I got one of those pages you get when the original is not there anymore.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Still_Boreas:
      Alas, the link is broken or something. I got one of those pages you get when the original is not there anymore.
      Sorry Boreas, I got to remember to check my typing. A URL doesn't work if you leave the "." out of www.gu very well.

      It works now. Just click the link in the first post above.

      Comment


      • #4
        Wow man, that's like really heavy dude! I bet he scored good sh*t too, no paraquat to worry about back then. Yeah, but man dude, you think that's why old Judas narked him out dude? Being God's kid and all you just know the cat was whaling on some primo stuff. Hey man, I bet he could score beaucoups of Lebanese White.

        Man. Dude. That stuff can make the dead walk again.

        But wait.....man. Dig this. Listen to me, this is just way too cool. I'll bet all his crue were sparkin' up man. Did you check out the last supper picture? Man those dudes look stoned, and had beards and long hair...and man, check this out...they had THE MUNCHIES!!!

        Comment


        • #5



          Holy ****, man !




          Comment


          • #6
            I think the article is a little weak. Poorly researched and based more on speculation.

            Judaism and annointing is far older than Jesus, and I guess they could use whatever oil they want, if it was cannibas sometimes....no big deal, although I can assure you it was a fragrant mix that would have included other oils as well.

            The nature of your implication demonstrates the limitation of your view. I think it's a fundamentalist view to think that the sin is in the action. That is legalism. That's not how Jesus rolls and that's not how God thinks. But then again, the intent of this posting is as weak-minded as the article itself.

            Jesus is the savior of souls. That is either a statement of fact or speculation depending what you choose to believe, same as the implication that Jesus got high on oils. We believe what we want to believe....despite the lack of evidence. Choose wisely

            Comment


            • #7
              Doc... thank you for using the present tense in those statements.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DoctorSurferDude:
                I think the article is a little weak. Poorly researched and based more on speculation.

                Judaism and annointing is far older than Jesus, and I guess they could use whatever oil they want, if it was cannibas sometimes....no big deal, although I can assure you it was a fragrant mix that would have included other oils as well.

                The nature of your implication demonstrates the limitation of your view. I think it's a fundamentalist view to think that the sin is in the action. That is legalism. That's not how Jesus rolls and that's not how God thinks. But then again, the intent of this posting is as weak-minded as the article itself.

                Jesus is the savior of souls. That is either a statement of fact or speculation depending what you choose to believe, same as the implication that Jesus got high on oils. We believe what we want to believe....despite the lack of evidence. Choose wisely
                And how does Jesus roll..Zig Zag or Job, one-hand or two?

                And edify us with just how does God think? Some of us existentialists would like to know that?...drum roll please...

                "Choose wisely"? Ahhhh, resonates of Pascal's Wager.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DoctorSurferDude:
                  I think the article is a little weak. Poorly researched and based more on speculation,
                  And the tailspin doth commence ...

                  Poorly researched? Let's see the primary source for the research was the bible itself with collaborating evidence from other contemporary sources showing it was common practice in the region during that era. So the bible isn't correct, then.

                  Based more on speculation? See statement above ...

                  It seems the "weak-minds and minded" are more flustered than previously thought.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Wait a minute- a beligerant, sandal-wearing hippie smoking pot? I wouldn't believe that in a million years.

                    Stuart

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Let's see the primary source for the research was the bible itself with collaborating evidence from other contemporary sources showing it was common practice in the region during that era. So the bible isn't correct, then.
                      Contemporary sources will show that homosexuality is a common practice during this period.. or that drug use was common during the 60's and 70's. Both are irrelevant when applied to an individual.

                      This one is too big a leap with too few citations. Having a doctorate in letters, you know better Nackty. This isn't academic at all.

                      I've been gone awhile and I see you've grown lazy. Let's sharpen up a bit.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Interesting...
                        My first reaction was that this should be easy enough to show unlikely because the Bible actually gives us the formula for the sacred anointing oil in Exodus 30:22-25 and my Bible doesn't say anything about there being cannabis ingredients in it.

                        That is still true.

                        However, after reading Chris Bennett's article in High Times and the arguably more detailed treatments of this subject by him in several other places, I must say that some of what he says is logically compelling. If it is possible to take the Hebrew words which in my Bible are translated "fragrant cane" as he suggests then Cannabis would have been an ingredient of the anointing oil. This is a big if, but I'm still studying this.

                        The word Christ indeed means anointed one, suggesting he might have been anointed with this oil (though I've generally taken this to mean Jesus was anointed in a figurative sense by the Holy Spirit for his special task of saving the world).

                        As for the evidence of the gnostic sources, I have to say I'm skeptical about their veracity. Also, I think it is too much to say that the miracles of Jesus were just some drug induced illusion.

                        Personally I suppose I'm cool with a Cannabis using Christ, but have yet to see what I believe to be sufficient convincing evidence supporting this. My understanding is that many of the plants and animals recorded in the Bible are uncertain leaving room for many creative possibilities. Maybe he is right about its inclusion in the anointing oil. I'm not convinced, but at this point I can not disprove it either.



                        There are probably better URLs to check out for a more thorough treatment of this subject but here is the one that is referred to in the news article that nacktman originally posted for further reading:

                        www.hightimes.com/ht/news/content.php?bid=31&aid=2

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If you are prepared to accept Ugly Kid Joe as an authourity on all things biblical, apparently Jesus rode a Harley Davidson too. Could it be that Jesus was a pusher?



                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Who cares, anyway?

                            Even if Cannabis oil was used in an "anointing" oil on the body - the skin is reasonably waterproof, after all, and impervious to larger molecules generally - would the active ingredients be able to have any effect on the people being anointed?

                            I think that anybody who wanted to get a drug effect, would have to ingest a reasonable quantity of the oil mixture in one hit - not simply be anointed with a few drops, nor even using it as a massage lubricant...
                            Plus - the actual efficacy of wild cannabis plants 2,000 years ago would have been somewhat less than the modern hybrid varieties..

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by nudebushwalker:
                              Who cares, anyway?

                              Even if Cannabis oil was used in an "anointing" oil on the body - the skin is reasonably waterproof, after all, and impervious to larger molecules generally - would the active ingredients be able to have any effect on the people being anointed?

                              I think that anybody who wanted to get a drug effect, would have to ingest a reasonable quantity of the oil mixture in one hit - not simply be anointed with a few drops, nor even using it as a massage lubricant...
                              Plus - the actual efficacy of wild cannabis plants 2,000 years ago would have been somewhat less than the modern hybrid varieties..
                              Yeah? Dang, poor dudes, got ripped off with some lame sh*t man. I guess that means the fundies have been right all these years when they told little kiddies that the wine Jesus drank wasn't really wine, more like watered down fermented grape juice...but, not really wine, because drinking is a sin!

                              No man, I think Jesus toked, man. I mean look at all his pictures man. That dude was a head for sure. And....sshhhh, listen up....sshh, I don't want anyone else to hear this, I think the dude did acid too.

                              Did you ever see those pictures of him man? with him pulling his chest open and his heart hanging out and all, and flames dancing around---man that was a serious trip the dude was on.

                              I got some purple in Detroit one time dude, and I thought my heart was on fire and I drank an aquarium full of water, fish and all, to put it out, man, dude that was a fine trip...I could never find the dude to score some more. I whizzed a psychedelic rainbow for three days after that.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X