FORUMS, what are they

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORUMS, what are they

I have been in this forum for about 6 or more months now. I really enjoy this place and the others who are regular here. I belong to a few other so called forums, they funtion through Email, I really don't like them, this is what a forum should be. I don't expect a lot of reply but, I just thought I'de throw it out.

I have been in this forum for about 6 or more months now. I really enjoy this place and the others who are regular here. I belong to a few other so called forums, they funtion through Email, I really don't like them, this is what a forum should be. I don't expect a lot of reply but, I just thought I'de throw it out.

Comment

How nice! But is this the same riverrat that said he was going to say good-by if we don't get serious? My only problem with this forum is I don't always have the time to read through it.

Comment

I like this site alot. The freedom of expression here is great.

Forever Nude,
        Shaybare

Comment

I agree that this is a nice discussion board, but once again I ask, shouldn't this topic be in the Miscellaneous Forum?

Comment

No, it should be in the Schizophrenic Forum... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by RIVERRAT:
              [qb]I have been in this forum for about 6 or more months now. I really enjoy this place and the others who are regular here. I belong to a few other so called forums, they funtion through Email, I really don't like them, this is what a forum should be. I don't expect a lot of reply but, I just thought I'de throw it out.[/qb]
              This is a messageboard.... the others are email lists. Big difference in how they get the message to you but otherwise not really different.

Comment

This is more of a "chat type" forum. Everyone is allowed to express themselves, positive or negative, in their own way. It gives everyone else a chance to respond in a way so that all members could see the different points of view. Speaking of members, even non-members can participate. Maybe, this is what makes this type of forum more interesting. Everyone has a chance to "be a guest".

Comment

I want everyone to imagine we're at a party (nude, of course!).

A forum like this is that conversation you see with a group of people standing around, all discussing a particular topic, putting in their own two cents and nodding in agreement or bringing up a counterpoint. It's slower, more thought out and fairly orderly.

A chat room is where a group is standing around, excitedly and rapidly talking over a group of subjects. The speed of the conversation and the lack of a central topic makes this more free form and disorganized.

Private chat is where one person hears someone say something that caught their attention and takes them aside to discuss it in a quiet corner of the party or in a separate room.

Email is writing a note and pasing it to the person and or persons you want to see it. They can then add to the note and continue to pass it around.

Private messages like the ones on this board are very like email, but only the person you want to pass it to can read it. They can't pass copies on to other people.

Hope this helped...

Comment

Great analogy. Now, can I have some cake?

Comment

I have never been to any other forums, chats, or e-mail groups, but I enjoy reading and writing. So, I guess I get to come here and do what I like about what I like. It doesn't get much better than that now does it?

I don't enjoy arguing, but I try to hold my own when someone disagrees with me or visa-versa. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I also enjoy TRYING to be funny when I have a chance so... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Don't eat the cake! Riverrat said it wasn't any good. Something about being tainted or something... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Nudity Rules!!!
                      [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] Suntied [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Gee Suntied,
                        Can I post a Canadian flag, or would that be unamerican? Oh, sorry, we're not supposed to get into little things like that in such an over-generalized forum. Well, I'm frightfully sorry, your emminence, i forgot this was an american forum. No, wait, actually, it is the INA, not the USA, isn't it? Well, then, I guess I can post that flag, can I suntied?

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by unkat27:
                          [qb]Gee Suntied,
                          Can I post a Canadian flag, or would that be unamerican? Oh, sorry, we're not supposed to get into little things like that in such an over-generalized forum. Well, I'm frightfully sorry, your emminence, i forgot this was an american forum. No, wait, actually, it is the INA, not the USA, isn't it? Well, then, I guess I can post that flag, can I suntied?[/qb]
                          What are trying to say??And why??

Comment

Gee unkat27,
                            We'd sure love to welcome you to this forum, your communication skills are quite formidable. But I sure hope your posture never suffers damage from carrying that chip on your shoulder.

Post any flag you wish to, chill out, and enjoy this forum and the many sincere people who post here.

Comment

Hi unkat27, I like your name because I hate kats.

I'm gamblefish and I'm from Earth. What planet are you from?

Comment

Working...
                              X