House Resolution 333

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House Resolution 333

Articles of Impeachment file been filed in the House of Representatives against Dick Cheney.

House Resolution 333 lists three Articles of Impeachment for High Crimes and Misdomeanors.

All dealing with Dick Cheney's lies and fabrications that led this nation into war with Iraq and his current repeatative rhetoric in his current attempt to led this nation into war with Iran.

House Resolution 333 ... About time!

Let us hope the process is swift and Cheney can begin serving his well deserved and lengthy prison sentence soon.

Its looks to be a spring of shrub trimming!

Are you sure about that? I don't see it mentioned on any of the major news sites and it wasn't on the evening news.

I dug around and finally found it. Amazing that there isn't more coverage of this.

Comment

quote:
      I don't see it mentioned on any of the major news sites and it wasn't on the evening news.

I dug around and finally found it. Amazing that there isn't more coverage of this.

LOL

What have I been saying about how lousy American news media is?

I did see a short story about this on my local news, but it was careful to not give details about the criminal complaints against Cheney and worked hard to make Kucinich look like a nut. Typical.

Try CBC (Canada) or BBC (British) news to see what is really happening in America.

-Mark

Comment

It is almost like this hasn't even happened when you look at how this is being covered by the major U.S. news organizations.

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by Naturist Mark:
          Try CBC (Canada) or BBC (British) news to see what is really happening in America.
          -Mark

Guess what, Mark? This time I'm pretty sure it wasn't covered by CBC - TV (maybe radio), and I just did a search on CBC.ca and it's not there, either.
          So where *is* the dirt on this story?

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by MJ_KC:
            It is almost like this hasn't even happened when you look at how this is being covered by the major U.S. news organizations.

Yep, wasn't on the front pages of any major newspapers. Isn't mentioned on the main Google News web page, nor Yahoo news, nor CNN, MSNBC,
            not even FOX.

Comment

Actually, I'm pretty sure I saw Kucinich, re 333, being interviewed by Wolf Blitzer on CNN.

Nonetheless, I strongly agree with Naturist Mark that the CBC and BBC are tops with respect to insight and coverage, and did I mention insight, into America and American politics. I'd say CNN has improved somewhat but that may be thanks to Comedy Central's Daily Show which definitely is America's best 1/2-hour news program.

Comment

quote:
                Watch Bill Moyer's Journal The Buying of the War tonight on PBS to see just how the US media serves the right in America. The entire program should be available on the PBS website online in a few days.

The show is now available for watching online: The Buying of the War

Highly recommended. No. Required.

-Mark

Comment

Kucinich's bill doesn't have any cosponsors. It will probably will get as far as Rep. Charles Rangel's House Resolution 629 in the 108th Congress (2004) to impeach Rumsfeld. It was referred to the Subcommittee on the Constitution.

What about Rep. Cynthia McKinney's bill to impeach Bush (House Resolution 1106 from the 109th Congress - Dec 2006)? We haven't heard anything on that one since it was referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.

Keep in mind that these clowns (all sides) get their dander raised and submit a bunch of garbage so they can look good to their voters when they run for re-election. They'll trot out the bills that match what the voters want to hear and explain away the ones that don't suit their re-election platform.

In short: Blah, blah, blah.

Stay nude!!

bg

Oh, and if you want to know where I got the info, just go to www.house.gov and there are links to search engines down the middle of the page. I think everyone should look at it every now and then to see what you're paying them to do up there. It might even spur you to write a letter or two.

Comment

Let's not forget the pork added to ANY bill to get votes.

Sadly, $$ talks

Comment

quote:
                      In short: Blah, blah, blah.

The difference of course it that this time the Republican Party doesn't control the agenda nor the committees.

There is little likelihood of the resolution passing, It is clear that the Republicans can and will block conviction in the Senate where their numbers are high enough to filibuster.

The significance is that it can lead to open hearings on subjects the media hasn't been willing to report to the American people. The real object is to end the media blackout on reporting the crimes of the Bush Administration.

The entire US corporate media is capable of ignoring major news, such as this resolution, or last weeks Republican filibuster to prevent Medicare from being allowed to negotiate lower drug prices. They won't be able to ignor the proceedings of an impeachment investigation.

Or so we can hope.

-Mark

Comment

quote:
                        The difference of course it that this time the Republican Party doesn't control the agenda nor the committees.

-Mark

I don't think the senior Democrats in the House really want to do this with a Presidential election approaching. They had already indicated that they aren't interested in this before yesterday.

Comment

quote:
                          I was referring to those cable news operations main internet news web pages - their 'front pages'. None of them, at this hour, feature any mention at all of Kucinich or HR 333.

My local news did a very brief 'look what he's done now' story that basically ridiculed Kucinich. And I'm sure most of the major papers have the story buried somewhere. But it is not major news anywhere in the US corporate media. How can that be? Here is a clue.

Watch Bill Moyer's Journal The Buying of the War tonight on PBS to see just how the US media serves the right in America. The entire program should be available on the PBS website online in a few days.

-Mark

I was looking for some mention of this in the evening news and nope none.

I did hear a breif bit on it on the local AM radio station I listen to on the way to an from work they are sort of liberal so I suppose they would be more inclined to mention it. I seriously doubt that it will go anywhere but when you add this to the list of other things like the Democrats plan to tie funding to a plan for troop withdrawal it adds up.

Comment

quote:

-Mark

This is something that everyone should see.

Comment

http://www.impeachbush.org/site/PageServer?pagename=hom...007=k60c7f1te3.app5b

Comment

Working...
                              X