Low hanging pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low hanging pants

Our Belgian newspaper stated yesterday following: Alexandria, Louisiana, has banned low hanging pants. You could be fined $25 the first time.
    My question is: Are they gonne measure with a tape how low they hang or what.

Those teen's in Alexandria should start wearing skirts, sarongs and kilts instead of low-slung baggy pants - and then see what their town council thinks of that...

Comment

This is a fad that will pass in time. Yet to make a law and to issue a fine is beyond and out side the rights of expression and other protective mechanisms of law. Anyone who will challenge this will most likely win.

Comment

i agree with rabid_calm. it's just a sign of the times.

Comment

I heard this on the radio yesterday. I may be wrong but I believe that the fine is not for the low hanging pants but for exposing your underpants.

Comment

I once saw a teenaage in a local supermarket with his pants so low they were basically riding under his butt cheeks. I said to him "hey dude your pants are so low yoou might as well take them off and run around in just your tshirt and underwear." He said thats pretty rude "old man". I said I may be old in your eyes but I never looked as stupid aas you do now.

Comment

I was at a high school basketball game where one of the opposing players had low-riding uniform pants. He kept adjusting them and holding them up while running down the court... basically playing one-handed.

They went right over him and scored several times until his coach took him out. I guess he figured he'd look in style while playing poorly.

Comment

Those low hanging pants are useful for storing any interestingly shaped turds you want to show people later.

Comment

Low hanging pants looks ridiculous, but they are teenagers with "rebelious" or at least different modes of dress, so with further age their dress mode will change, and no harm is really done. So patience!

Comment

Originally posted by David77:
                    Low hanging pants looks ridiculous, but they are teenagers with "rebelious" or at least different modes of dress, so with a further age their dress mode will change, and no harm is really done. So patience!
                    We prefer a mode of dress that is different than normal so where do we get off criticizing anyone else? I may think that it is funny looking, but I sure won't be telling anyone what to wear.

Comment

I don't think "Low hanging pants" has much to do with or related to nude recreation.

Topic/thread moved from "Miscellaneous" to "Open Conversation" category.

Comment

My question is what if those same teens, when confronted, just took their pants off? Could they then still be cited for anything? After all, they have on no pants, just underwear, they can't be fined for wearing those kinds of pants.

I agree with R-Clam, anyone who challenges this law will win in whatever town/city/state it is enforced.

Bob S.

Comment

What I want to know is if these 'low-hanging pants' wearers are aware of the origins of this 'fad'?

Wearing the pants low originated in the penal systems as a way to 'advertise' one's availability for some "loving" - for the right price of course!
                          Just how many cigarettes are needed to 'buy some luvin' anyway?

Comment

What scares me is what will the next generation do to make these low slinging pants wearers of today look at them and say..."YOU LOOK STUPID!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bob S.:
                              My question is what if those same teens, when confronted, just took their pants off? Could they then still be cited for anything? After all, they have on no pants, just underwear, they can't be fined for wearing those kinds of pants.
                              I wear running shorts all over town that aren't as big as their boxer shorts, so I can't see this law holding up unless they outlaw all sorts of shorts that I see people wearing everywhere. Short shorts similar to what was worn in the 1970's seem to be making a come back.

There was a guy and his wife at the oncologist earlier in the week and he had on seamless shorts that looked similar to boxers, only smaller. She was dressed in some shorts of the same style. They were probably in their mid 50s.

In warm weather, I usually wear shorts when I have to go in for a diagnostic scan or check-up. I was wearing shorts this time because it was hot outside and and jeans did not seem to make any sense to me.

As a nudist, I am happy to see that both men and women are willing to wear small shorts again. I really hate the baggy shorts that everyone was wearing for so long.

Comment

Working...
                              X