Visit To Red Sand Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visit To Red Sand Beach

I spent about two hours entering information about my trip to Red Sand Beach and posting pictures, but for some reason I lost it all before posting. Not going to go through all of that again so I will just post the pictures, (hopefully).

I spent about two hours entering information about my trip to Red Sand Beach and posting pictures, but for some reason I lost it all before posting. Not going to go through all of that again so I will just post the pictures, (hopefully).

Comment

Beautiful landscape pictures.
      You must have great balance to get down the trail.
      Thanks for your dedicated posting.

Comment

It looks like there has been some major erosion of the trail since I was there three years or so ago. At that time there were no places that you had to climb over. It was all just straight hiking.

But isn't a great place?

Comment

Where is this place. It looks very nice. Great pictures Al, thanks for posting them.

Was there any other people there? Is it a popular place?

Comment

Yes, it is definitely the most scenic beach I visted on our trip.
            My balance was assisted by a walking stick I picked up on one of our hikes in a State Park near the Hana Airport.
            This was my first visit to RS so I am unable to determine how much Mother Nature has modified the trail. You definitely have a little climbing near the beginning of the trail. It is difficult to determine in the photo but the cinder area is on a pretty good incline. This is the point where my wife ended her journey. Her view of RS is the same as yours, the pictures I took.

I visted the beach twice as the first time, in the Al Bundy tradition, the batteries were dead in my camera. My spare set disappeared from my checked luggage between O'Hare and San Diego. (Hope they enjoy them).

On both visits to RS, there was not any nudity at all. Not knowing if there had been a change in the nude status of the beach, I reluctantly remained clothed as there were families on the beach. If I had observed just one person nude, I would have joined them.

I highly recommend the trip to RS as it is beautiful. The worse part of the trip was the winding, narrow, hairpin curves on the 50 mile trip to Hana.

Comment

ercNY, the beach is on the island of Maui in the town of Hana. A must see if you are ever there. Yes, there were several people on the beach and in the water but as stated in my last post, no nudity observed. Was disappointed that I had to remain clothed surrounded by the beauty of nature.

Comment

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing. Looks like a nice trail, and not really steep. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

thanks al for sharing what photos you salvaged. really looks like a beautiful place to relax!

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by ercNY:
                    Where is this place. It looks very nice. Great pictures Al, thanks for posting them.

Was there any other people there? Is it a popular place?

Red Sand Beach is located in East Maui. See link below for more information:

http://www.hawaiiweb.com/maui/beache...dSandBeach.htm

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Al Bundy:

Thanks for sending these great pictures of RED Sand Beach in Maui. The sand gets its red-black color from the crumbling cindercone hill that surrounds the bay.

There is also the very rare and beautiful GREEN Sand Beach located on the Big Island's most southern tip of Kau. The sand gets its greenish color from natural olivine crystals.

There is even a PINK Sand Beach located on a 3-mile stretch of Harbour Island (Bahamas)

http://www.islandoutpost.com/pink_sands/

It would be great fun visiting many different colored sand beaches around the world!

Comment

Hi Maliakei, thanks for the URL's and information about other colorful beaches in the world. Would love to visit them someday. I noticed you reside in Hawaii. How lucky can you be. I would love to move there but housing is cost prohibitive for me. It was nice going into a Sears store and not seeing snow blowers displayed. Won't be long and mine will be coming out of hibernation.

Comment

Looks beautiful. I will try to get there when I go to Hawaii next year.

Comment

Working...
                          X