Selling the wife on moving into a nudist resort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling the wife on moving into a nudist resort

I would like a little input on something.

I am trying to convince my wife that we should move out to a nudist resort, The Swallows Sun Island. They have several new manufactured homes for sale out there and they are actually a good buy for this area. They are pretty good sized for instance a three bedroom two bath with a large kitchen and living room with around 1250 square feet and a nice wooden deck.

Her main concern is that none of our kids would want to come visit us out there. Well I talked to two of the adult age kids that still live with us and they said they would visit as long as they didn't have to get naked to do so.

Next argument is that we have a 12 year old boy and that is the age when they start getting shy. Even though that hasn't happened yet it might. Also he wouldn't be able to invite friends over. At least not with out first contacting their parents and selling them on the idea of their kid coming over to a nudist resort. I say he can go over to their house if it's that big a deal.

Next argument is that our recently married 22 year old son, who is also a cop, is a prude or rather his wife is. She is expecting their first and the wife says they would never come visit us in a nudist resort so we would never see the baby. I talked to the owner and they don't have to get naked or pay a gate fee as long as they are just visiting us. I say they can grow up and get over it but she makes a big deal out of this. I don't know for sure if this is the case but I suspect she may be right on this one. I would hope eventually they would grow used to the idea and might visit us, at least in the winter!

Finally, if I have to go over to Iraq again she would be alone out there. I mean she would be cut off from her support network of other military wives and friends that we have known for years. This is a real concern but I think the chances of this are about 50/50.

So anyone out there got any ideas of how I can convince her that this is a good deal? I mean the price is good for SoCal around $150,000 which is around $100,000 less than my son paid for a 2 bedroom 1 bath condo.

I would like a little input on something.

I am trying to convince my wife that we should move out to a nudist resort, The Swallows Sun Island. They have several new manufactured homes for sale out there and they are actually a good buy for this area. They are pretty good sized for instance a three bedroom two bath with a large kitchen and living room with around 1250 square feet and a nice wooden deck.

Her main concern is that none of our kids would want to come visit us out there. Well I talked to two of the adult age kids that still live with us and they said they would visit as long as they didn't have to get naked to do so.

Next argument is that we have a 12 year old boy and that is the age when they start getting shy. Even though that hasn't happened yet it might. Also he wouldn't be able to invite friends over. At least not with out first contacting their parents and selling them on the idea of their kid coming over to a nudist resort. I say he can go over to their house if it's that big a deal.

Next argument is that our recently married 22 year old son, who is also a cop, is a prude or rather his wife is. She is expecting their first and the wife says they would never come visit us in a nudist resort so we would never see the baby. I talked to the owner and they don't have to get naked or pay a gate fee as long as they are just visiting us. I say they can grow up and get over it but she makes a big deal out of this. I don't know for sure if this is the case but I suspect she may be right on this one. I would hope eventually they would grow used to the idea and might visit us, at least in the winter!

Finally, if I have to go over to Iraq again she would be alone out there. I mean she would be cut off from her support network of other military wives and friends that we have known for years. This is a real concern but I think the chances of this are about 50/50.

So anyone out there got any ideas of how I can convince her that this is a good deal? I mean the price is good for SoCal around $150,000 which is around $100,000 less than my son paid for a 2 bedroom 1 bath condo.

Comment

This is a tricky issue. Mainly because you have so many other people and factors to consider. My wife and I considered it a few years ago (back when she was 100% with me on nudism), but the external factors, such as school for my daughter, visits from relatives and simply having too many people find out about our way of life, proved too overwhelming to pursue.
      What you might want to do is draw a list of pros and cons about the implications of moving to a nudist resort, and share it with your wife; then see if the cons outweigh the pros (or vice-versa). Another way would be to start small: buy a trailer and install it on the resort. Then spend time between your resort home and your primary home, taking note of how it affects your relationships and way of life. If it's a success, then you can sell the trailer and acquire the house.
      I hope it works out for you.

Comment

You've identified two HUGE issues from your wife's point of view.

A grandchild is on the way, and you're wanting to set up a situation in which it's going to be hard to see that child? Never underestimate the desire to enjoy a grandchild. Are the parents-to-be close enough that you could go to see them a lot? If so, maybe you can help ease through this. If not, ???

The other issue is the potential loss of her support system with you deployed to Iraq. That's just huge, and could have a major bearing on the stability of your marriage. Deployments are tough on both partners, but you would have your support system with you. Since this is not something your wife wants for herself, wait until Iraq is out of the picture before your press on this.

My guess is that the price you've been offered for the home is more or less what the place is worth. Very likely a similar offer will be available later.

Comment

NudeAl,

I feel your pain. I would be willing to do the same thing you are suggesting but my wife has the exact same concerns your wife does.

Our daughters, son in laws, grandchildren, other family members and friends would probably hesitate coming to visit and that would really kill her, especially our daughters and grandchildren.

I completely understand your situation and have all the same arguments you have about all those issues but we'll probably not ever move or retire to a nudist resort because of those issues.

I wish I had some life changing words of wisdom to give you and your wife and that we could sometime be neighbors at a nude resort but when children, grandchildren and other family members become an obsticle and you are faced with a choice, it's not difficult to see which one will win out over the other.

I wish you both luck in your decision and happiness where ever you end up living.

Comment

If you've pleased those people all your life, i would venture to say it would time to life your own and please YOU!
            Like the saying goes, *you cant please all of the people all of the time, only some of the people some of the time*.

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by takeitontherun:
              If you've pleased those people all your life, i would venture to say it would time to life your own and please YOU!
              Like the saying goes, *you cant please all of the people all of the time, only some of the people some of the time*.

I really don't think it's that easy for nudeAl in this particular situation.

Comment

The main thing that I see is that you and your wife must agree on whatever decision you make. You can always go and visit those who won't come to where you are. I had to go to my daughter's to see my grandkids when I was in a nudist resort in Michigan. Sacrifices might have to be made, and the question is who will make them, and is it worth the sacrifices?

Comment

When I read the heading I thought somebody had thought of a controversial way to raise capital for a property move!

Comment

I get it "selling the wife".....LOL

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Petrus:
                      When I read the heading I thought somebody had thought of a controversial way to raise capital for a property move!

Just change the word "on" to "and".

Comment

sell the wife and move into a nudist resort.

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by Petrus:
                          Well, I once had to sell one of my kids to pay the dentist bill.

Comment

Working...
                          X