I'm addicted... to breadmaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm addicted... to breadmaking

I never thought of myself as a cook. I asked for a breadmaker last year for my birthday. Lately, I can't stop making bread loaves. Kind of a strange hobby for a guy...

Anybody else into breadmaking?

I never thought of myself as a cook. I asked for a breadmaker last year for my birthday. Lately, I can't stop making bread loaves. Kind of a strange hobby for a guy...

Anybody else into breadmaking?

Comment

well we all are a little strange. lol
      send me a loaf. express mail of course.
      i like to cook in general,so bread would be counted among that.ever heard of "blini"? it's russian btw. told you we are all a little strange. nothing wrong with a bread hobby.

Comment

My mother-in-law gota breadmaker for christmas, she's having a hard time making the bread right. I suppose she'll just have to keep trying.

lovebeingnude, if you're single thats a good thing that a woman might find attractive. I know when I was single and women found out I could cook, they liked that. Specially since I could cook pretty good. My wife says she married me becuase I could cook.

Qikdraw

Comment

Nothing wrong with making a little extra Bread.
          Before long you might be Rolling in the Dough.

Steve

Comment

Nude in the North, I was ready to type the same exact thing you typed. Funny how great minds think alike.

Comment

I got this book last year called "The Breadmaker's Apprentice"....it's excellent. If you're into kneading the dough with your hands....that book has a lot of very detailed recepies with good results. If I had more time, I would make more bread.

Comment

Love bread, man!

Pass the bread around man!

Comment

I have a breadmaker also and love using it. But I bet no one here is crazy as I. I also have made my own butter to spread on the homemade bread.

Comment

Try learning to make it from scratch by hand. Damned therepeutic, I'll tell you. Jasmine tea bread, made yourself is sublime.

In fact, a swift drift off topic, men and cooking. All the great chefs are men, except Rachel Ray and that De Laurentis woman, damn they're hot.

Anyway, where was I, Oh Yeah. Me ol grandah wuz a sage ol bird, he was, and when me granma up and died on him, well, one day after a year or, he up and sez to me: "Lad, I've got me one regret I 'ave. I never learned to cook, now iffen I wants me a decent meal, I've to to put up with a bunch of lip from one o' me lasses or some ole biddy I knows. Tis a sad mess, I've gotten into here, so you learn yerself to cook".

So, taking him to heart, I learned to cook and enjoy working in the kitchen. I've been know to whomp together the entire family thanksgiving dinner.

But breadmaking, especially from scratch is balm for a troubled soul.

Comment

Something in current news, strangely on-topic:
                      "Artist Sharon Baker has made a life-size model of her own naked body out of bread dough which she plans to exhibit, then watch it be eaten by the audience."

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/vi...aspx?id=335836

With picture, suitable for family audiences.

Comment

Quit loafin and make some loaf's. LOL

Ahhhhhhh the smell of fresh bread. My girl makes bread all the time. And I eat bread all the time....LOL

Comment

I'm proud to say that my wife has been making bread for the last 20 years or so. Not with a breadmaker but mixing the dough with a Kenwood Chef mixer. An electric mixer with a dough hook. She throws the mixed yeast and flour etc in the mixer, mixes it , then puts the mixture in a stainless steel bowl in a warm place to "rise". Then mixes it again and after the second "rise" puts it into steel bread trays and into the oven. Bingo its done - all very easy.

She uses an approx. 50/50 Spelt flour/white flour mix for "breakfast and sandwhich bread" and a white flour mix for yummy lunch time roles.

JAMES

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by Qikdraw:
                            My mother-in-law gota breadmaker for christmas, she's having a hard time making the bread right. I suppose she'll just have to keep trying.

lovebeingnude, if you're single thats a good thing that a woman might find attractive. I know when I was single and women found out I could cook, they liked that. Specially since I could cook pretty good. My wife says she married me becuase I could cook.

Qikdraw

Qikdraw - I just follow the recipes. However, it is "key" to watch the doughball and adjust it depending on how it is kneading. Add a little water (if too dry) or a little flour (if sticking to the sides or if not forming a ball). FYI - I'm married. She loves me mainly for my massages But lately she loves me for my bread too...

Comment

Mmmmm, This is too close. First the thread on "Beer Day" and noew this thread on breadmaking. I wonder if anyone realizes just how similar Brewing beer and baking bread really are.

BTW, some of the oldest known writing was a Babalonian text... Turned out to be a recipe for beer!

Comment

Working...
                              X