Football teams you despise and why...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football teams you despise and why...

With apologies to NudeM...I despise the Raiders!
    Not just because they are a divisional rival with the Broncos, but because the majority of the fans I run into are just....something is wrong with them.
    I was always and AFC guy and when the Raiders were playing the Eagles in the '82 Superbowl, I rooted for the Raiders. Years go by and the Broncos are in Superbowl XXI going up against the NY Giants and all the Raider Fans around here were talking about how bad they wanted the Broncos to lose. I thought WTF?
    Plus after a Bronco/ Raider game and the Broncs win by 20 or more, the R fans run around saying how lucky we were, but if the game goes OT and the Raiders win by a field goal, they run around saying how bad the kicked our butts.
    The newest one is this one Raider Fan at work who said he would love to have Michael Vick come play for the Raiders....if they ever find a cure for mental illness, would the Raiders have a decent fan base?

The other team is the Dallas Cowboys....it seems every time they go to the Superbowl...you never hear the end of it!

Winning against the Raiders almost makes up for whatever losses a team has had. I am a Chiefs fan who really appreciates a Raiders loss, regardless of who they are playing on any given week.

Comment

You are NOT alone in your despise for the Raiders. I come from a long line of Raider Haters as well. In fact...I know very...very few Raider fans.

The Raiders fans are what cause this despise for this team. Many of them are thugs, loud mouths, fowl mouthed and think they can solve every arguement with themselves and a PACK of their friends taking one lonely opposite team fan out to the parking lot and beating the crap out of them. The vast majority can't hold their liquor and have no regard for decent people or children surrounding them when they curse, yell and act obnoxious. Many younger people wear their team colors and jersey's as a GANG sign here in So Cal. I guess I should say that I despise the Raider Fans more than the team itself.

I have several co-workers that have Charger tickets and sell their tickets when the Charger's play the Raiders. It's not worth going to a game to put up with them. It's because of this team's fans that beer isn't sold after the 3rd quarter (my opinion).

In regards to Michael Vick.......go to prison, directly to prison, do not pass GO, do not collect any royalties for books or interviews...and banned from Football. I guess you gather I'm not a Vick fan either.

Comment

Hey, FireProf and MJ_KC;
        Perhaps, you would be interested in being part of the NFL pool contest here on the forums.
        Post your weekly picks on the Sports thread in Open Conversation.

Yes, the Raiders have always worn black and been known as the bad guys. Not much success on the field,lately.

Comment

I appreciate all the Raider 'fans' here . Yea, they have been pretty bad lately and have been in the re-building stage for the past, let's just say 'a long time'.

Raider haters are all over, but I have been a fan, through the good and bad times. But I, like FireProf, do despise the 'colors' that the gangs are using, which so happens to be the silver and black. True, the Raiders were the bad boys of football, but that image has gotten out of hand and has fallen into the wrong hands. And for some reason, have you noticed that a lot of the teams have chosen the darker colors? A bit gloomy, but I guess that 'darker' image is supposed to relate to being a 'bad boy'.

Anyway, I HATE the Steelers ever since the Franco Harris 'miracle' catch that beat the Raiders, and that goes way back. I haven't liked them since. Raiders/Broncos, Raiders/Chiefs were among the best match ups in the NFL. Games got ugly, but then again, that was when football was football. Over the years, too many rules have ruined the game to the point, that it is more of a business than a sport.

But as for me, it's Silver and Black all the way, and no, I'm not one of those degenerates that FireProf talked about, even though I know exactly what he is saying. Same thing here in the Fresno area (gang colors).

Michael Vick, dittos on what FireProf stated, only throw away the key. He should be locked up in a cage with Pit Bulls.

Comment

Originally posted by FireProf:
            The Raiders fans are what cause this despise for this team. Many of them are thugs, loud mouths, fowl mouthed and think they can solve every arguement with themselves and a PACK of their friends taking one lonely opposite team fan out to the parking lot and beating the crap out of them. The vast majority can't hold their liquor and have no regard for decent people or children surrounding them when they curse, yell and act obnoxious. Many younger people wear their team colors and jersey's as a GANG sign here in So Cal. I guess I should say that I despise the Raider Fans more than the team itself.
            You said exactly what I was thinking. I have the same feeling for the Pats because of some of the fans, the wifes ex being one of them.

Comment

As a lifelong Bears fan, I have a natural animosity towards the Packers, but I've also disliked Dallas. If there's a team that's been getting on my nerves in recent years, it might be the Patriots.

Stuart

Comment

The f***ing eagles. Two things, Buddy Ryan's BS and the eagles "fans" booing Troy Aikman when he laying on the field with a concussion.

Low rent mofos!

Close seconde the Niners just on prinicipal...and for the longest day of my life in the championship game in 94 in Candlestick. My daughter and I must have been the only Cowboy fans in the place.

Most places you go and you're from the other team, you catch some good-natured ribbing. Not there, what a bunch of jerks--we thought we were going to get gang beaten! No fun to it.

Comment

I am a Skins fan so, by definition, I must hate the 'Boys.

I also, for no reason, hate the Bills.

Although the Raiders are not one of my faves, I do like them. And really, every team has those idiot fans. I guess da Raiders just have a bit more.

Bob S.

Comment

The cowboys - despised them when they were the texans too.

Been a Raiders fan since their inception but lost interest when Shanahan ruined them - they have not recovered. The current 'fans' are a problem. Between a game with the Raiders and anybody save the Panthers I pull for the Raiders.
                    The team of castoffs, too old to play, non-conforming and assorted other misfits ... in short the "Outlaws" of the NFL will always be the best team or at least they were until Shanahan started his sh!t and tried to get them to conform, cut their hair, bringing in draft picks and younger players ... we old time true fans will never forgive AL Davis for allowing that crap!

If you look at the Panthers you can see the best of both worlds - the young conformers and the old non-conformers, and if they can hold off the injury bug it should prove to be a interesting year - I see the 1970s Raiders in the eyes of the 2007-2008 Panthers and us oldsters know what that means.

Comment

No question. The Cowboys are the one team I hope will just GO AWAY!! The ONLY thing even remotely about the Cowboys I enjoed watching was "Debbie Does..."
                      If only they weren't so damn arrogant. A good example...a Cowboy fan (I've always questioned her mentality) said the reason Texas Stadium has a hole in the roof is "So God can watch the games". Give me a break! With hot air like that, if it weren't for that Texas-sized vent, Texas Stadium would be in distinct danger of becoming a concrete ans steel BLIMP!!

Comment

THE FLORIDA GATORS!

I am a UGA fan and alum...no other explanation needed.

Comment

Collingwood! Everyone who doesn't barrack for those mongrels hates them. It's a given.

Huh? What?

Oooooooh. you're talking about American football. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by usmc1:
                            The f***ing eagles. Two things, Buddy Ryan's BS and the eagles "fans" booing Troy Aikman when he laying on the field with a concussion.
                            The stadium that the Eagles play in, and the old one they used to use, had a courtroom in its basement, and a magistrate on duty on game days. Those arrested for rowdiness would be formally charged and arraigned on the spot before getting tossed out of the grounds.

Around 25-30 years ago, Sports Illustrated did a poll of a number of NFL players. One of the questions asked was = "What is the worst city to play in, as a visiting team?" The answer -

1. Philadelphia
                            2. and no place
                            3. else
                            4. even comes
                            5. close

I used to like the Raiders' organization, as Al Davis would take players no one else wanted, infused them with confidence, and taught them how to win. In the same polls, players were asked, "given a choice, which team would you want to play for?" and the answer was overwhelmingly - the Oakland Raiders.

But now, given the fans, their supporters, etc., I just don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by nacktman:
                              The cowboys - despised them when they were the texans too.
                              The Dallas Cowboys were never the "Texans".

You won't read too much about this in official NFL histories.

The American Football League was founded in 1959, and began play in 1960. Its key founder was the late Lamar Hunt, who owned the Kansas City Chiefs. He applied to the NFL for a franchise for Dallas in 1958 and they turned him down.

So he went out and founded his own league - the AFL. There were eight franchises awarded - Boston Patriots, Los Angeles (now San Diego)Chargers, Denver Broncos, New York Titans (now Jets), Buffalo Bills, Houston Oilers, Dallas Texans, and Minnesota Vikings. Yes, the Vikings. Read on.

To stymie his operation, the NFL decided to put a franchise in Dallas -- the Cowboys - to compete and knock his Texans out. They also lured the Minnesota Vikings to drop out of the AFL (before it began play) and join the NFL. The Oakland Raiders were a last minute replacement for the Vikings.

The Dallas Texans eventually became very successful on the field, and even won the 1962 AFL Championship in a bizarro 2-OT title game. It was infamous for Abner Haynes winning the OT coin toss and blurting out "we'll kick". Houston took the wind advantage, but Dallas managed to win in the sixth quarter on a field goal.

After that game, the AFL Dallas Texans moved and became the Kansas City Chiefs.

Those Dallas Texans (AFL) had no connection to the Dallas Cowboys (NFL).

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl...daltexans.html

Dallas had an NFL team for a year in the very early 50s. It was named the "Texans" and it went broke and became a nomadic "ward of the league". It was operated out of Hershey, Pennsylvania but kept the "Dallas Texans" name. That team has no connection to today's Cowboys, either. The NFL pulled the plug on it but awarded player contracts to the expansion Baltimore Colts.

Comment

Working...
                              X