X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream On

I was doing some research about dreams when I came upon this site:

http://www.mythsdreamssymbols.com

One of the links there had some very interesting things to say reguarding nudity.

(1) Nudity may express a longing (possibly unconscious) for chidhood innocence and freedom from artifical inhibitions.

(2) It may signify getting beyond outward appearances to what you really are: the 'naked truth' about yourself. It may therefore be accompanied by an anxious feeling of being exposed - that is, vulnerable.

(3) If you are ashamed or frightened of being naked, and move away so people can't see you, this may indicate either a fear of sexual relationships or fear of revealing your inner feelings.

(4) If you are showing off your nudity, this may represent either desire for sex; or a state of being at ease with yourself and not feeling a need to apologize for being the person you are; or complete honesty and openniness in your dealings with other people.

For more on this page click on the link below.

http://www.mythsdreamssymbols.com/dmbeingnaked.html

Comments? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

I was doing some research about dreams when I came upon this site:

http://www.mythsdreamssymbols.com

One of the links there had some very interesting things to say reguarding nudity.

(1) Nudity may express a longing (possibly unconscious) for chidhood innocence and freedom from artifical inhibitions.

(2) It may signify getting beyond outward appearances to what you really are: the 'naked truth' about yourself. It may therefore be accompanied by an anxious feeling of being exposed - that is, vulnerable.

(3) If you are ashamed or frightened of being naked, and move away so people can't see you, this may indicate either a fear of sexual relationships or fear of revealing your inner feelings.

(4) If you are showing off your nudity, this may represent either desire for sex; or a state of being at ease with yourself and not feeling a need to apologize for being the person you are; or complete honesty and openniness in your dealings with other people.

For more on this page click on the link below.

http://www.mythsdreamssymbols.com/dmbeingnaked.html

Comments? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

A not uncommon dream for me, and, I have read, for many others:

"To dream of being naked in a public place amongst other people who are unconcerned usually indicates that the dreamer should disgard any fears about being rejected if our real self is revealed."

I reserve my opinion as to whether I accept "dream interpretations", or not.

Comment

I would hesitate to put one interpretation on a dream.

At times, I have dreamed of being naked and I always felt a sense of freedom. In these dreams I am typically on a journey to somewhere new and exciting, along a creek, through the woods, passing through a large building, or walking to a beach.
        I seldom encounter other people in these nude dreams, still the nudity seems to represent my inner self.
        In my childhood, kids in our neighborhood, including myself, generally wore nothing but a pair of short pants as we explored the countryside around us. Perhaps in my dreams I am returning to the happy memories of my boyhood, simple and free.

Comment

More from this website:

The nudity of Venus was sacred and a symbol of love yet appearing naked in your dreams often leaves the dreamer very perplexed. The Western tradition offers two strikingly different interpretations of nudity.

On the one hand - childlike and innocence - on the other hand a profane and illicit attachment to sexual pleasures.

After falling from grace in Paradise, Adam and Eve covered their nakedness; shame had entered their consciousness, and the world could never be the same again.

Dreaming of a powerful woman being nude, depicts a strengthening of the dreamer's Aminus, the active principle in woman.

Dreaming of being naked depicts the dreamer's vulnerability, perhaps a desire to shed defences, a freedom from shame and a love of truth.

Excessive anxiety about nudity in oneself or others may suggest a fear of honesty and openness in relationships, or a failure to accept or integrate one's own sexual energies.

For Freud, nudity could also represent a longing for the lost innocence of childhood, or an expression of the dreamer's repressed sexual exhibitionism, usually the result of parental attitudes during the childhood's self-display stages.

Disgust at another's nudity suggests anxiety, disappointment or aversion at discovering the real nature of the person dreamt about. Sometimes it shows an unwillingness to let other people be themselves.

To dream of being naked in a public place amongst other people who are unconcerned usually indicates that the dreamer should disgard any fears about being rejected if our real self is revealed.

To accept nudity indicates the dreamer's ability to see through peoples defences and accept them for what they really are. For Freud it was his favourite dream to see himself naked in front of others who were totally unaware of his presence.

Comment

I find this site very, very interesting. While it interpets dreams involving nudity, it describes very well my motivations (and those of many other nudists I'm sure) for being nude in real life.

Here is stuff that applies directly to me (substitute the word "nudist" for "dreamer":

"Nudity may express a longing (possibly unconscious) for chidhood innocence and freedom from artifical inhibitions.

"It may signify getting beyond outward appearances to what you really are: the 'naked truth' about yourself. It may therefore be accompanied by an anxious feeling of being exposed - that is, vulnerable.

"If you are showing off your nudity, this may represent either desire for sex; or a state of being at ease with yourself and not feeling a need to apologize for being the person you are; or complete honesty and openniness in your dealings with other people.

"Dreaming of being naked depicts the dreamer's vulnerability, perhaps a desire to shed defences, a freedom from shame and a love of truth.

"To dream of being naked in a public place amongst other people who are unconcerned usually indicates that the dreamer should disgard any fears about being rejected if our real self is revealed.

"To accept nudity indicates the dreamer's ability to see through peoples defences and accept them for what they really are. For Freud it was his favourite dream to see himself naked in front of others who were totally unaware of his presence."

The site also interprets dreams where nudity has very negative connotations, and may explain why some people are so negative to nudity in real life:

"If you are ashamed or frightened of being naked, and move away so people can't see you, this may indicate either a fear of sexual relationships or fear of revealing your inner feelings.

"Excessive anxiety about nudity in oneself or others may suggest a fear of honesty and openness in relationships, or a failure to accept or integrate one's own sexual energies.

"Disgust at another's nudity suggests anxiety, disappointment or aversion at discovering the real nature of the person dreamt about. Sometimes it shows an unwillingness to let other people be themselves."

Gary

Comment

i have never had a pleasent dream,only a world of nightmares,i now sleep less then six hours a day.
              i wish i could dream of being nude,i sleep nude live nude as much as possible,to dream of being nude would possibily bring the sleep i desire.

Comment

Love all these comments guys! Most of the time I don't remember my dreams. Other times I remember them during the day when something happens that triggers the memory of the dream.

I think we all long for the days of childhood. Those carefree days where imagination could turn a front yard into a jungle. A cardboard box could be a car, pirate ship, or train.

How many dream in color? Do colors in dreams represent various aspects of our nude selves? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] I remember a dream where a family cat gave birth to the most beautiful Turquoise Blue kittens. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

I dream in color sometimes but not always. My favorite dreams are those in which I am able to fly around like Superman. I always feel so exilerated by them. I wish all my dreams were such but like tarsus I have too many nightmares.

Comment

Prior to being involved with nudism on a social regularity, I had frequest dreams where I was in a public place and was nude. It would always be that I knew I was nude, but no one else seem to know it or was ever concerned by it. Now, I never dream about being nude in public. Perhaps my conscious mind has satisfied my sub-conscious mind. I think this OK by me because I have other dreams that are just as pleasurable. Sawdust

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by sawdust:
                      [qb] Prior to being involved with nudism on a social regularity, I had frequest dreams where I was in a public place and was nude. It would always be that I knew I was nude, but no one else seem to know it or was ever concerned by it. Now, I never dream about being nude in public. Perhaps my conscious mind has satisfied my sub-conscious mind. I think this OK by me because I have other dreams that are just as pleasurable. Sawdust [/qb]
                      Sawdust, I have had EXACTLY the same experience as you: for years, the same type of dream and, after becoming heavily involved in nudism, no such dream.

I'm convinced that The Dream represents a concern or a longing regarding nudity that is only satisfied by wakeful experiences.

Gary

Comment

The most meaningful dreams I had where in the first few years after my 17-year-old son Patrick died. He would always be doing something he loved to do with his friends or family. When I realized it was only a dream was by the fact that everyone else in my dream was talking and he wasn't when I would ask him why he wasn't talking he would just look at me and smile. When I became more accepting of the fact that he wasn't ever coming back and that he was truly happy (that must have been why he had the big smile) where he was the dream stopped.

Comment

quote:
                          Sawdust, I have had EXACTLY the same experience as you: for years, the same type of dream and, after becoming heavily involved in nudism, no such dream.
                          Well, count me for the third example of this.

My own speculation for the reason... I somehow felt my subconscious mind was instructing me to make a change in my lifestyle. When I made the change, "class was over!" so no more instructions were necessary. And it just seems that since this change did lead to personal growth for me, it lends credence to my suspicions about the reasons for the dreams.

Comment

Working...
                          X