FBI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI?

Does anyone know how to become an FBI agent? What kinda of schooling do you need? I was talking to my councilor in school but she sure didn't help. Anyway I would like to become an Agent but not really sure what classes to take in collage. I speak 3 languages so I guess I would have some advantaged. Would like to be an undercover agent deal with weapons etc.

Jay just about any college degree will get you on the applicant list for the FBI and speaking 3 languages will help.
    Military service is almost an ironclad position as an agent.
    Check with the local field office in Chicago and see if they are looking for a particular degree in a individual and proceed from there.

I do know that any arrests let alone convictions for as little as traffic violations can hinder the process, felony arrests even without conviction means 'so sorry charlie'. Hopefully you will not have this impediment.

Good luck.

Comment

I agree that you should check out a field office. I'm sure there will be one in Chicago somewhere. If not, then check the internet. Their site should be there and will eventually have something to the likes of, 'Interested in a Career'.

Lots of luck.

Comment

Walk down to the corner at midnight. Light a cigarette. A man in a trenchcoat will approach you . When he says "chilly night isn't it?" you reply, "I don't eat chili." He will bring you to a room with no windows and no doors....

Actually, forget that, Just follow the advice provided by the others.

But seriously, I hope you are successful. You may also want to consider the CIA or military intelligence.

Comment

Bad news. Posting here precludes that ambition, expecially if that avatar is a photo of you. The FBI would see that as a demonstration of anti-social and perhaps even perverted behavior.

Removing them will not help, they are now part of your brain, you would have to reveal them under the compulsory lie-detector test.

And if your langauges are romance languages that is no big deal, many of us have those. What is at a premium right now are the Arabic tongues, central Asian languages and the like.

There, are other agencies that are not so quite so squeemish. Finish college, get a law degree, then a commission and try to work in the DIA..learn the ropes and you find that there are a whole menu of opportunities available.

But, in all honesty, you've made a mistake by posting here--not so much that someome will find and identify and link you to the post, but, that you will know of it and any other posts to anyother sites--your best hope when questioned would be to admit it and attempt to minimize it as a youthful foible.

You will be competing with Ivy League do-rights and beleive me they are formidible competitors.

Yep, get your degree, go the military intelligence route, build up a network and you'll find pleanty of opportunity to work some agents.

Comment

Traditionally most FBI special agents had advanced degrees in Accounting or Law. Or both. A bachelor's in accounting followed by a law degree (JD) would be a good strategy. Language skills, military experience and computer skills are also major pluses.

There are many other FBI careers than Special Agent, they have need of all sorts of qualified professionals. FBI Jobs and FBI Jobs Faq

-Mark

Comment

I'm also interested in the PD. But not sure if I would want to give out tickets my hole life for speeding..

USMC1: Maybe its not even my own pic who knows.

I made over 2000 posts on forums. Americas Army forums, Veggie Boards, Xfire forums, Here, Computer help forums, Call of duty forums and a lot more and I dont really think they gonna go and read all of them. I asked some real cops about this hole thing and how to become a police officer or an FBI agent. When they do the backround check they dont really look on your internet activity mainly they look for criminal records and your past jobs and things like that.

No I dont speak any Arabic tongues, central Asian languages. But I want to learn Spanish as my 4th language because If I do become a police officer I'm sure I will come in contact with a lot of people that speak Spanish.

Comment

Jay, you are correct. Police officers come in contact with Spanish speakers everyday. Most PD's offer pay incentives to bi-lingual officers. The FBI also requires 3 years of LE experience if your degree is in certain fields. You could always do both. Get your degree, become a police officer in a busy city to learn about the streets and hands on policework. Then if you are still interested, apply to the FBI. In the Los Angeles area a cop would take a paycut and lose some good benefits to become a federal agent. In the end, do the work that matters and makes you happy.

Comment

I was thinking of becoming a PO first than working my way up. I took french last year as my 4th language and I just couldnt stand it. Now I would like to try spanish since more than half of my town speaks only spanish. I kinda wonder how hard the treaning for cops is tho. I mean when I look at some of the cops in my town they dont seem to be in a good shape so it makes me wonder how hard the treaning is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay473:
                    I was thinking of becoming a PO first than working my way up. I took french last year as my 4th language and I just couldnt stand it. Now I would like to try spanish since more than half of my town speaks only spanish. I kinda wonder how hard the treaning for cops is tho. I mean when I look at some of the cops in my town they dont seem to be in a good shape so it makes me wonder how hard the treaning is.
                    Often the training can be as difficult as whatever you volunteer for.

My brother is a policeman and has had extensive weapons training from the FBI and has had SWAT training that was given by the Navy SEALS. The training is very difficult and you will need to be in very good physical condition to complete the training.

The typical policeman won't end up taking this advanced training, but if you want to advance you will have to work hard for it.

Comment

Are you a minority? The FBI was trying to improve their image a few years back and were actively recruiting minorities. It is often seen as a white male society. I know a few former Marines that are now FBI special agents, uh, they are also white and male. I think a law degree and a tour in the military as a military intel officer would put you in a very strong position to get into the Feebs.

I can't think why you would want to but hey discover your own path, it's your life live your way. goodluck

Comment

Yes USMC, you have a good point about the Ivy Leaguers being formidable competition. Those are practically the primary ones they tend to go for,much like the Post Office always shoots for ex-military members because they are already trained in self-discipline for the most part along with work ethics. It will be quite a challenge, I'll say that for sure! However, I never thought about by posting here was a critical mistake due to the nature of our activities.

Ken Palmer

Originally posted by usmc1:
                        Bad news. Posting here precludes that ambition, expecially if that avatar is a photo of you. The FBI would see that as a demonstration of anti-social and perhaps even perverted behavior.

Removing them will not help, they are now part of your brain, you would have to reveal them under the compulsory lie-detector test.

And if your langauges are romance languages that is no big deal, many of us have those. What is at a premium right now are the Arabic tongues, central Asian languages and the like.

There, are other agencies that are not so quite so squeemish. Finish college, get a law degree, then a commission and try to work in the DIA..learn the ropes and you find that there are a whole menu of opportunities available.

But, in all honesty, you've made a mistake by posting here--not so much that someome will find and identify and link you to the post, but, that you will know of it and any other posts to anyother sites--your best hope when questioned would be to admit it and attempt to minimize it as a youthful foible.

You will be competing with Ivy League do-rights and beleive me they are formidible competitors.

Yep, get your degree, go the military intelligence route, build up a network and you'll find pleanty of opportunity to work some agents.

Comment

Why is it in the states a military service record is so important to people. LIke to run for pres. If you dont have a military record you seemed to be doomed

Comment

Originally posted by Paniga:
                            Why is it in the states a ,ilitary service record is so important to people. LIke to run for pres. If you dont have a military record you seemed to be doomed
                            Not a single one of the top people currently in power in the US are military veterans.

President Bush - daddy pulls strings to get him a safe spot in the Texas Air Guard.

Chief Advisor, Karl Rove - did not serve

Cheif of Staff, Andy Card - did not serve

Vice President Cheney - did not serve

Chief Advisor (under indictement), I (Scooter) Libby - did not serve

Secretary of State, Condaleeza Rice - did not serve

Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld - did not serve

Deputy Secretary of Defense (now World Bank President), Paul Wolfowitz - did not serve

Chairman of Defense Policy Board, Richard Perle - did not serve

Ambassador to UN, John Bolton - did not serve

Governor Jeb Bush - did not serve

Speaker of the House, Dennis Hastert - did not serve.

House Majority Leader (under indictment), Tom DeLay - did not serve

Senate Majority Leader (deposed), Trent Lott - did not serve

In fact, if you DID serve, like John McCain, Al Gore and John Kerry, it will be used against you.

-Mark

Comment

Why is it in the states a military service record is so important to people. LIke to run for pres. If you dont have a military record you seemed to be doomed

Kitten Power Rules =^.,.^=
                              In a word 9/11. You remember those pesky terrorist attacks? The current WAR against Al Queda and all that that entails. Counter espionage in the United States is the traditional domain of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. God Bless you Mr. Hoover where ever you are.

Comment

Working...
                              X