Linux fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux fans?

So who's using Linux? What distro? Which windows manager? Any nifty tricks you discovered and would like to share?

I'm using Ubuntu Edgy, I've got KDE installed but I use Gnome. I've given Beryl a shot as well but there were a couple of things that stopped me from using it permanently.

I have booted windows a total of 2 times since I installed Ubuntu a month and a half ago, and there really is no going back for me, Windows is useless as far as I'm concerned. I'm so glad to be free of it.. sort of like being clothes free

So who's using Linux? What distro? Which windows manager? Any nifty tricks you discovered and would like to share?

I'm using Ubuntu Edgy, I've got KDE installed but I use Gnome. I've given Beryl a shot as well but there were a couple of things that stopped me from using it permanently.

I have booted windows a total of 2 times since I installed Ubuntu a month and a half ago, and there really is no going back for me, Windows is useless as far as I'm concerned. I'm so glad to be free of it.. sort of like being clothes free

Comment

No, not really, man. Sorry.

I tried mandrake and redhat ages ago and didn't really like them.

Comment

I used RedHat until their price went up. I used to get the free distros. I switched back to my first love, UNIX. I downloaded the free version of Solaris and am very happy with it.

Comment

I worked with people who were trying Linux back in 1992-1993. But my PCs at the time were various Commodore Amigas, and there wasn't a Linux distribution for Amigas until several years later. One Engineer at work had an Amiga 3000UX that ran Amiga Unix, an official port of AT&T Unix System V Release 4 (SVR4). I've got some Linux CDROMs for Amigas, but haven't tried them on my systems.

At the end of the 90's I built an AMD K6-III 450 system. It ran Win98 until I made it dual-boot (Win98 & Suse 8.0) in 2002. Linux has been my primary OS since then.

On my Athlon64 PC, I'm running Suse 10.0. I've tried the (K)Ubuntu Live Discs, and I liked them. So, I'm likely to install Kubuntu when I reconfigure the hard drives on the current PC and build a new PC sometime in the next few months. One will be set up as a MythTV Server, and the other as my regular "Workstation".

Take Care & Live Life Bare,
          David

Comment

I have two computers. One dual-boots Linux (Ubuntu) with 2000 Pro. The other computer has XP...guess which one NEVER gives me any trouble? How could you not love Linux? One day it will be all I have.

quote:
            Originally posted by SoleArbiter:

Comment

I've always preferd Charlie Brown myself.

Oh! You mean it's not Charlie's little brother then?!

Comment

Charlie Brown had a younger sister, named Sally.
                Lucy had the younger brother ...

I'm not sure if any of them used the Linux OS before Charles M. Schulz died in 2000.

Take Care & Have Fun Bare,
                David

Comment

Working...
                X