Gas Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Pricing

My mother remembers back when you could fill the tank for under a dollar. Those days are long gone. As long as the petroleum supply dwindles and the hybrid cars stay out of monetary reach, the price of gas will keep going higher and higher.

Stuart

Comment

I paid less than $2.00 just a few weeks ago, then the price went up again. It is back down to $2.189 and has been slowly dropping every 1 to 2 days.

Comment

I remember filling up for less than $5.00 and that was two weeks worth of gas!

Comment

Do not complain about high gas prices.!!! 2.189 per gallon !! In Europe we pay about 5.5 per gallon....and sometimes moore than that...

Comment

I saw an episode of Dukes of Hazzard and the sign in front of Cooter's garage had gas at 29 cents a gallon, WOW if only for a day of that price now.

One of our bigger grocery stores gives discounts for gas after a grocery purchase or a pharmacy prescription filled, and found out since my scripts are paid for by the government, I'm not eligible for the discount. Even being on a limited income, one can not get a break. People with disabilities can't make it better for themselves.

Jr.

Comment

I can recall the days when it was impossible to put $10 worth of gas in my Volksvagon Beetle. Sad to say, I filled up at $1.999 several weeks ago and don't think I'll ever see it again.

Comment

$2.599 per gal of regular on LI, gas is up 34 cents from a month ago. I don't think we'll see under $2 per gal again. I'd be happy with last months prices.

Comment

It dropped another 2 cents to $2.169 this afternoon.

Comment

OK, since we're playing I remember. I remember when you pulled in the "Service" station and asked for two-dollars regular and drove all weekend, plus they checked your oil and tires and radiator.

Filler up!...got you a nice Dallas Cowboys glass at Mobil and steak knives over at Shell.

Two big problems now, worldwide demand--Europe AND ASIA!! coupled with suburban sprawl in the U.S. puts the U.S. in the postion of demanding more fuel from diminishing availibilities.

Several ways for us to beat it, invest in mass transit, ban single-passenger vehicles from major roads between 5am and 10 am and again 3 pm to 7pm--force car share, and mass transit use, buy the most energy efficient vehicle you can.

The days of cheap oil is over! The petroleum age is winding down. Life's a ***** and then you die.

Comment

saw a station today selling gas for $1.99 but most are around $2.19. bought gas during a gas war, don't see those any more, for 16.9 cents. maybe that tells something about my age.
                      stay nude & stay happy---pahjo

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by usmc1:
                        ban single-passenger vehicles from major roads between 5am and 10 am and again 3 pm to 7pm--force car share, and mass transit use, buy the most energy efficient vehicle you can.

Not very realistic. I drive my 4x4 truck back and forth to work by myself and that isn't going to change.

Comment

I remember my mother got a gas bill for $44 dollars one month and she had a fit. We had four cars and none got over 15 mpg. Now those were the good old days, the 60’s, 15 cent gasoline. I pay that for a fill up now.

Comment

Oh yea, the oil tycoons have already seen they can get whatever they 'ask' for (price wise). They may come down a bit, but not to the level that it once was. We are stuck in the over $2.00 a gallon mode forever.

Comment

I thought so....but while driving through Idaho I found a Flyin J @ $1.98.

I filled up and had a glass or two LOL

We still pay more per gallon for Coke, Pepsi, Water.

Comment

Working...
                              X