Officer arrested for nudity at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer arrested for nudity at home

I personally find this disgusting. This man was nude in his own home and a busy body neighbor video taped him through a window and then filed charges. If anyone should be charged it should be the neighbor the way I see it.

I am not sure I did this correctly but I have attempted to place the URL of the news article in this post. If I did not do it correctly, I apologize.

http://www.dailyherald.com/news/mche...17&cc=m&tc=&t=

I personally find this disgusting. This man was nude in his own home and a busy body neighbor video taped him through a window and then filed charges. If anyone should be charged it should be the neighbor the way I see it.

I am not sure I did this correctly but I have attempted to place the URL of the news article in this post. If I did not do it correctly, I apologize.

http://www.dailyherald.com/news/mche...17&cc=m&tc=&t=

Comment

I read the article, and there is nothing in it as to the oficer being a nudist. But it does reflect that he doesn't contest that he committed an act of public lewdness, and that he would be getting help for mental health issues. This does not appear to be a home nudist whose privacy was invaded, but an individual who exposed himself in front of a window to his female neighbor. There is a major difference as far as I'm concerned. A nudists's privacy should not be invaded, but exposing oneself intentionally does nothing to help the nudist image.

Comment

On the surface, it would seem that the officer was in the wrong but there is, like many other news stories surrounding nudity, something missing to the story and not all the puzzle pieces are there to see the entire picture.

Obviously, there's more to it that many of us will not know but like grandma used to say, "there's always three sides to every story,............ your's, their's and the truth!"

Comment

Nudist or not lots of people are nude in their homes, but not in view of open or non blinds or curtains. If someone intently exposes them self’s to others from their home or anywhere, commits an indecent act which is punishable in most all communities.

The fact that this person was off duty as a police officer should be no difference if he was a grocery clerk [Except as peace officer he should know better that he is breaking the law by his actions if intently exposing himself to others anywhere]

The Austin school teacher who posed nude privately for her roommate photographer who posted her images to a photo posting site also left her job due to her position as a teacher as the school department was brought into the matter by her students seeing and reporting to the school authorities.

So public service employees are at risk in their positions if turned in or prosecuted for obscene, explicit, underage, or nudity offenses.

This officer, or this case should not reference naturism, nudists, or nude recreation as it sounds as if it had nothing to do with that association even if this officer was a nudist or member of a nudist club, resort or association.

Evidently this person did this on more than one occasion or long enough to enable this neighbor to have time to get, set up and record this intended exposure and file for charges.

Comment

A person has to be nude at some point if nothing more than to bathe. If a person cannot be nude in his own home then we are loosing something very valuable here.

The story did not say how the nosy neighbor came to know the man was nude nor did it say how visible the man was to others off his property. Yet over all that neighbor needs to have that camera shoved up his )&*) sideways just for being such an obnoxious person!!

Comment

What would be intersting is where she recorded him. If on the public street or her own property, then he is most dewfinitely at fault. If she had to go onto his property, then she is in the wrong as well.

But there does seem to be more to him that may explain this. He was already dealing with (possibly getting treatment for?) mental health issues, as it stated in the article.

But the headline is a bit misleading. He did not plead "No Contest" top the charges. He gave an Alford plea. The former admits guilt, the latter does not admit guilt, but rather acknowledges that there is enough evidence to convict him.

Bob S.

Comment

question to the floor, if one is in his window at home and naked (nude), then why does that mean hes is exposing himself?? then everyone at any nudist venue is quilty of the same thing!!

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by hootowl:
                  question to the floor, if one is in his window at home and naked (nude), then why does that mean hes is exposing himself?? then everyone at any nudist venue is quilty of the same thing!!

If you are lingering in your window nude, waiting for someone to pass by so you can get them to see your penis, your "Exposing" yourself. Same as if your hiding in the bushes or alley so you can jump out and wag your weinie at passers by. This type of behavior, (Exhibitionism) seeks sexual gratification or some response from the victim.

Nobody at a nudist venue would be shocked by seeing you nude. Although some misguided people might still get a thrill out of being seen naked even by other naked people. It's not really worth the effort. Exhibitionists want to expose themselves to people (usually young girls) that rarely, if ever see nudity. Thus the "shock value".

As for the news story. It's apparent that the video tape must show that the officer was behaving as an exhibitionist rather than as a man simply being nude. I'm betting he lingered by this uncovered window waiting for the neighbor to see him.
                  He needs psychological help.

Steve

Comment

the article came out fine. this is pretty disturbing giving the fact that he was in his own home. are we not able to live the way we want in our own domain. nothing was mentioned about the person who took the video. doesn't this fall under "peeping tom"? i feel the person behind the camera was inquisitive enough to maybe want to find out more about the lifestyle. thanks for sharing this!

Comment

I read nothing in this article about this officer being a nudist, naturist or prior nudity in or about his property being mentioned.

It’s a detriment to the naturist and nudist cause to relate to this incident until more factual information is known through investigation, court findings, or outcome of this exposure case.

Lots of people are nude in their homes but take steps not to parade or stand nude in front of open or un-covered windows, path ways, doors where others may see them.

Comment

hootowl:"if one is in his window at home and naked (nude), then why does that mean hes is exposing himself?? then everyone at any nudist venue is quilty of the same thing!!"

Whatever the intent, the law states that if you can be seen from a public right-of-way or from someone else's private residence and they do not want to see the nudity, you are in the wrong and can be convicted of exposure.

The difference at a nudist park is that the whole place is privately owned. There is no "public right-of-way" within the park and anyone there has already, by way of entering, given their permission to see others naked. Now if someone in the park can be seen by someone outside the park, that is where problems can occur.

nudenwv:"are we not able to live the way we want in our own domain."

Yes we can. But as Gary mentioned, not in front of open doors, windows, or the like so that you can be seen by passers-by or other people from their own property.

Bob S.

Comment

I follow the opinion that there is not enough of the story. It does not say what was captured on the video, where she was when she took the video, and the story never stated that he was, or if he said that he was, a nudist. For all that we know, he could have been washing dishes in front of an open window while nude.

Comment

I have been seen nude by a neighbor who was on my front lawn watching me thru a window and was after dark. I simply told the naighbor to keep off my property and to not show such ignorance to me any more. Not that I cared about being seen nude but was the invasion of privacy.

I was very upset by the invasion of my privacy and ignorant intrusion to my lifestyle.

Comment

Good on you, and thanks for letting it be known that’s your space and assumed privacy.

I had something similar happen to me. I heard a noise outside near my driveway, so I got up nude from the computer desk and peeked out dining room window shades and saw this guy and a large dog. He was scooping up dog poo from the corner of a neighbor’s front grass with two thin square cement pads used under my gutter drain to prevent erosion. When he threw them in the gutter into a grass clipping pile, and started to walk away I hurried and covered my self with the computer chair towel and went to the front porch and said quite sternly Said 'Those are there for a purpose on private property; what the hell you doing throwing them in the trash pile; put them back where you got them and keep off my property"

He did and in the process I'm sure he had dog poo poo all over his hands with nothing to wipe them off. He never looks my way when he passes by anymore, if fact goes to the other side of the street to pass by.

He just didn't think anyone would hear, or notice him trespassing, using others property and chucking it.

He is an attorney but doesn't work at that for the State. Lesson learned, don’t forget your poo poo scooper, and/or bag and disposable gloves when walking and letting your dog urinate, and poop on others property.

He was so embarassed; I don't think he even noticed I was naked and bare foot, except for holding up a towel, and he probably wouldn't have done that if my blinds or curtains were open and him seeing me nude inside...

Comment

Working...
                              X