Memorial Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Day

To all veterans everywhere, living and dead, thank you for your service to our nation.

I personally have a whole new outlook on this holiday. I used to sort of just look at it as the first big weekend of summer. Well it still is that but more importantly, I now realize more than ever, it is a time to reflect on the memory of those who gave up all their tomorrows for our today.

All gave some and some gave all. It is their memory that we honor by this day, the ones who did not make it home to their loved ones.

Amen, my brother, it is much easier to forget that fact. Some gave all, I am proud of our Military and the sacrifice they are doing even today. I am retired Army, but even to me somehow it means more to me now than while I was serving.

God bless our Military, and our Nation.

Your friend,
    Randy

Comment

I'd like to reflect the previous two sentiments. To everyone who served, whether you saw action or not, thank you for all that you did. It is only because of the selflessness of people like you that we enjoy the freedoms that we do.

To all those still serving, come home safely.

Comment

As a veteran I appreciate the sentiments. Don't forget the many who came home but will never be the same again. They left a part of themselves on a battlefield. There's something seriously wrong with anyone who criticizes our veterans instead of appreciating their sacrifices for this country and its people.

As we've heard, "Freedom isn't free." Many great sacrifices were made to buy our freedom and to keep it. I fly my flag 24/7 because I'm proud to be an American!

Comment

You go, my friend, mine flies everyyday also.

Your friend
          Randy

Comment

I my self have a dad who was in the navy, the thing is he volunteer him self in during the Vetnum ara so he was ask if he wanted to go or not but he did and help other be free like us (even though Vetnum was just a civil war agaisnt north and south) But he did his duty. I away salute the flag in respect. God Bless or arm forces and this great nation.

Comment

Yeah that was back when the military was half decent and actually functioned and didnt have a bunch of people going around doing immoral things and being run by a nitwit that cant even do the job right. Maybe if we didnt have to worry about all this war crap going on right now the pres could get back to dealing with issues HERE like nudity for example [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I just hate it that people have to die over there just because of the idiot we have in office and his political agenda, maybe if they were dieing for a good purpose then it would be more honorable.

Comment

"Yeah that was back when the military was half decent and actually functioned and didnt have a bunch of people going around doing immoral things"

I think you should do some research on Viet Nam and the surrounding countries that got caught up in the battle. Some of the things that happened were far from moral unfortunately.

Comment

Semper Fedelis!

While we remember Memorial day for those who have paid all for us.

We have tended to forget November 11th...the day we had set aside to remember all who stood in line to pay...those that paid and those who stood and would stand again should payment be required.

Thanks for remembering.

Comment

Jon-Marc,

Just a reminder the flag isn't supposed to fly at night.

The sun shall rise upon the banner but never shall it set!

Comment

Mihael, could you not just have said something nice about the veterans and left it at that?

nacktman, you can fly the flag at night if it is illuminated.

Every day, I think of my Marine cousin who is right now in Iraq. Thankfully he is not in the major hot spots. My sister, also in the Marines, is currently stationed in S. Korea. Next year, her squadron goes over to Iraq.

And now for some words from a great song by Lee Greenwood.

God Bless the USA

And I'm proud to be an American
                        Where at least I know I'm free.
                        And I won't forget the men who died
                        Who gave that right to me.
                        And I'll proudly stand up next to yuo
                        And defend her still today.
                        'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land
                        God Bless the USA!

Thank you all who have served!

Bob S.

Comment

I think you should do some research on Viet Nam and the surrounding countries that got caught up in the battle. Some of the things that happened were far from moral unfortunately.
                          -----------------------------------------------

I was talking about the people who served in WWII. im not talking about vietnam here, thats a whole different issue.

Comment

Mihael, could you not just have said something nice about the veterans and left it at that?
                            -------------------------------------------------

Hey I respect the ones who actually were fighting for a good cause *Civil War, WWI/II* but as far as Vietnam and Iraq, both are wars we had no business fighting and those men died for no damned good reason and I think our military is crappy if we have people fighting such wars.

Comment

MichaelJB--

We are remembering the people who gave everything to combat oppresion. We are not discussing reasons or politics. Thinking about WWII, would you have joined the service to fight that war? Would you have given your life so that others might live? Think long and hard about that.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X