Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Men's Health - Why Are Men Supposed To Wash Their Hands After Urination?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alfredr
    replied
    Horse piss?

Leave a comment:

• BinCo
    replied
    In with the Guiness out with the Bud?

Otherwise, as I recall from anatomy classes a few moons ago, urine is comprised highly of saline so it would stand to reason that it tastes like salt.

Please do not take this thread in THAT direction though. Gross.

Leave a comment:

• nacktman
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by BinCo:
    "the next best thing you could do is to urinate on your hands."

Thanks, but no thanks. As sterile as you say it is. I'm not one for tasting it on anything I am eating at the diner ...

Actually if you wanted to taste it, it would taste like whatever you ate or drank about 6 hours earlier, so if that was liver and onions (yeach), it'd taste like liver and onions, if it was expensive imported beer it would only taste like cheap domestic beer (hey, there is a trade off on the rent you paid on that beer you know).

Leave a comment:

• BinCo
    replied
    "the next best thing you could do is to urinate on your hands."

Thanks, but no thanks. As sterile as you say it is. I'm not one for tasting it on anything I am eating at the diner, or anywhere else for that matter.

I would like to showered in gold, not a golden shower

Leave a comment:

• Fuzzy Nuts
    replied
    Maybe thats why its best to pee naked behind a tree - not touch anything and just let her fly.

Leave a comment:

• nacktman
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by Naturist Mark:
    quote:
    Interesting Post.

Notice that as you urinate in a urinal the metal side walls, if they have them, are covered with rust spots. These are urine drops splashing back from the bowl. It seems logical to me that they must also splash on me and my hands. With that in mind, I wash after using any urinal. Not as often with just a toilet, as pointed out earlier.

The urine isn't a problem. Unless you have a bladder or kidney infection it is sterile. It's probably the least harmful product of the human body.

You need to wash your hands because you touched your penis. If washing isn't available, the next best thing you could do is to urinate on your hands.

Seriously.

-Mark

True that!

But as another said I wash my hands because my mother told me to when I was but a wee tad.

Although with all the germs in the bathroom (both at home and in public) it's a good idea to wash'em even if your mother had told you not to.

Leave a comment:

• Naturist Mark
    replied
    quote:
    Interesting Post.

Notice that as you urinate in a urinal the metal side walls, if they have them, are covered with rust spots. These are urine drops splashing back from the bowl. It seems logical to me that they must also splash on me and my hands. With that in mind, I wash after using any urinal. Not as often with just a toilet, as pointed out earlier.

The urine isn't a problem. Unless you have a bladder or kidney infection it is sterile. It's probably the least harmful product of the human body.

You need to wash your hands because you touched your penis. If washing isn't available, the next best thing you could do is to urinate on your hands.

Seriously.

-Mark

Leave a comment:

• BinCo
    replied
    Interesting Post.

Leave a comment:

• Naturist Mark
    replied
    You have no need to wash your hands if you are careful to prevent the migration of coliform bacteria to your penis. Frequent showers help. As well as a policy of never wearing underwear, shorts or pants. And depending on how much you dangle, you might consider never sitting down either. If you follow all of these guidelines, washing your hands is somewhat less critical.

Glad to have helped.

Leave a comment:

• BlobbyBob
    replied
    A lot of newer facilities here now have a system which, rather than a conventional sink, is a hole in the wall. It has sensors in there, so you put your hands at one position to get some soap, then move across for water, and then across again for a hand dryer, so you don't have to touch anything at all generally

Leave a comment:

• luvnaturism
    replied
    A few years ago I was getting far too many respiratory infections, which invariably triggered my asthma. My doctor suggested that I stop washing my hands in public bathrooms; they're dirty places, and often you can't get out the door without touching something after you've washed.

He recommended that I carry a small bottle of hand disinfectant to use after I'm out of the restroom. I haven't had a significant infection/asthma attack in nearly three years.

Leave a comment:

• shomymojo
    replied
    Because...my mommy said to do it...LOL

Leave a comment:

• MJ_KC
    replied
    The idea of not washing my hands isn't something that I would consider. Plenty of reasons to do it and no real reasons not to.

Leave a comment:

• Dolby
    replied
    Add one other thing to the list of reasons:

Unless the urinal flushes by using an electric sensor, you have to push the handle to flush it, and so has everyone who used it before you. Great way to spread germs. Public restrooms aren't always the most sanitary of places.

(And don't get me started on guys who can't bother to flush. Yecccchhhhhhhhhhh!)

Leave a comment:

• Fuzzy Nuts
    replied
    Actually I am much more nervous about touching the taps or even the door handles going out of a public washroom then I am with touching my penis which I know is regularly washed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X