Karl Rove - Plame leaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karl Rove - Plame leaker?

Recently there has been a fair amount of talk that there is proof that Rove is the Plame leaker.

If this is proven true, do you think he will face justice?

Qikdraw

Originally posted by Qikdraw:
    Recently there has been a fair amount of talk that there is proof that Rove is the Plame leaker.

Qikdraw
    All politicians will face justice - if not in this life, then the next one.

Comment

Qikdraw
      There is a federal law making it a felony to knowingly disclose the identity of a covert CIA agent. In addition, to expose an undercover operative during wartime is treason - possibly a capital offense.

Will Rove ever face justice? Not a chance. The principals in this administration are literally above the law. The investigation will be shut down after a lesser scapegoat is thrown to the wolves (Cheney's Chief of Staff Scooter Libby), or Rove will receive a pardon.

Before this administration is over - all the top people will get pre-emptive pardons. Count on it.

Karl Rove waves to the Special Counsel

-Mark

Comment

Unfortunately Mark is probably right. Honesty and the rule of law mean nothing to this administration.

Comment

After Propaganda Minister Rove's attacks on Max Mccllen and John Mclain there is no way that this bunch ,who are above media scrutiny will ever be held accountable. Robert Novak is another cut from the same cloth!
          Run Well and Smooth--------Roadrambler

Comment

If anything happens to Cheney, they can always inset Gerald Ford into the VP slot. He's good at doling out the pardons, should the gauntlet ever come down.

The Bush Admin's lawlessness is ruining the U.S. here and abroad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren:
              If anything happens to Cheney, they can always inset Gerald Ford into the VP slot. He's good at doling out the pardons, should the gauntlet ever come down.

The Bush Admin's lawlessness is ruining the U.S. here and abroad.
              Ford's only "political' pardon was of Nixon, and frankly I can't fault him on that even though I wish he hadn't done it.

The all time Champeen at political pardons was George Bush Sr. who pardoned many of the principals in the Iran-Contra scandal - a crime in which he was also implicated.

Off subject but ... where is Vice President Cheney? He's been missing for several days now with no explanation. There is some speculation that he is back in his "undisclosed location" dodging subpoenas.

-Mark

Comment

Qikdraw
                It would be rare journalist from the New York Times who would go to jail for Karl Rove. No doubt it's a democrat. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by KirkOntario:
                  quote:

Qikdraw
                  It would be rare journalist from the New York Times who would go to jail for Karl Rove. No doubt it's a democrat. LOL

Matthew Cooper is from Time Magazine, not the New York Times. Judith Miller IS from the New York Times, and is going to jail - she may be a Democrat, but if so she is a particularly NeoCon Democrat - her stories during the camplaign were notorious for their negative and unfair treatment of Kerry and light gloves treatment of Bush and she blythely served up the administration's disinformation (lies) leading up to the Iraq war - for which the NYTimes had to apologize.

-Mark

Comment

So basically you are saying that Rove 'would' get away with being a traitor to the country. (If it was him of course, that hasn't been decided yet)

IF it was Rove, I really hope he doesn't get away with it. That would be the last straw for me with this administration. I mean I don't like this administration now, but that would set it over the top and just dismiss everything they say or do.

Qikdraw

Comment

So basically you are saying that Rove 'would' get away with being a traitor to the country. (If it was him of course, that hasn't been decided yet)

IF it was Rove, I really hope he doesn't get away with it. That would be the last straw for me with this administration. I mean I don't like this administration now, but that would set it over the top and just dismiss everything they say or do.

Qikdraw

No I said it's not Rove. No journalist would go to jail for Rove.

Comment

He's probably clogging up the Snake River. My buddy used to do raft trips on the Snake and he'd come in and shut it down to fish for a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by jon71:
                          Unfortunately Mark is probably right. Honesty and the rule of law mean nothing to this administration.

I'm afraid that honesty and the rule of the law didn't mean much to the previous adminstrations, and I'm not talking about just the Clinton adminstration either!

Comment

No I said it's not Rove. No journalist would go to jail for Rove.
                            Oh I see, thats what you were saying... Ok so I guess you just misunderstood my question then.

I said IF it was Rove would he face justice? I wasn't asking if you thought it was him or not. There is not enough info to make that claim.

But your democrat comment suggests you think a democrat ratted out Plame? I don't know how you would come up with this because I don't know of any democrat in this administration. And since it was an administration official who ratted out Plame, I would hazard a guess, mind you its just a guess, that it was a republican who is a traitor.

Qikdraw

Comment

Originally posted by P.J.:
                              I'm afraid that honesty and the rule of the law didn't mean much to the previous adminstrations, and I'm not talking about just the Clinton adminstration either!
                              You make a very good point P.J.

Gulf of Tonkin, Watergate and Iran/Contra are 3 biggies that come immediately to mind.

Qikdraw

Comment

Working...
                              X