News story: Cdn soldiers issued a large amount of military condoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News story: Cdn soldiers issued a large amount of military condoms

This news story piqued my curiousity --> "Canadian soldiers issued a large amount of military condoms":
    http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2...626069-cp.html

I know there are military versions of common civillian products such as computers, cars, etc. but I would have never guessed that there was such a thing as "military condoms" as opposed to the usual civillian condoms.

Perhaps the military ones are camouflage-coloured?

This news story piqued my curiousity --> "Canadian soldiers issued a large amount of military condoms":

I know there are military versions of common civillian products such as computers, cars, etc. but I would have never guessed that there was such a thing as "military condoms" as opposed to the usual civillian condoms.

Comment

quote:

Would that be jungle or desert camies, there Albinus?

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by hm0504:

No, condoms have often been "standard issue" items for military forces deployed in other parts of the world.

As far as I know - this isn't so in Afghanistan -- but there are other places that the Blue Berets go.

This might sound weird - during WW2 my mother worked in a Massachusetts factory that made various rubber goods -- life rafts, boots, gloves, protective gear, and yes -- condoms - for our fighting men overseas.

Comment

quote:

The good news for Canadian taxpayers is they're getting lots more bang for their buck.

Well it's a good thing it wasn't the U.S. government doing the buying. What was it they paid for a screwdriver ???

"If I had a hammer,
          I'd hammer in the morning,
          I'd hammer in the evening,
          All over this land....."

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by usuallylurk:
            quote:

No, condoms have often been "standard issue" items for military forces deployed in other parts of the world.

As far as I know - this isn't so in Afghanistan -- but there are other places that the Blue Berets go.

This might sound weird - during WW2 my mother worked in a Massachusetts factory that made various rubber goods -- life rafts, boots, gloves, protective gear, and yes -- condoms - for our fighting men overseas.

I'm not surprised at the distribution of condoms, historically or otherwise -- just wondering what differentiates *military* condoms from your local drug store condoms.

Comment

Probably the price, the packaging, and -- the standards of manufacturing - if that makes sense.

Comment

This topic/thread is being moved to Open Conversation category as it has not much to do with naturist or nudist or social nude recreation.

Comment

Oh hw, did you have to use the word, screwdriver?

Bob S.

Comment

quote:
                    I'm not surprised at the distribution of condoms, historically or otherwise -- just wondering what differentiates *military* condoms from your local drug store condoms.
                    Betcha never saw any in a "Military Surplus" store, either!

Comment

During the WW2 time period I don't remember hearing that condoms were issued, (to USA military) but they did show us scarry VD movies and tell us how to use a condom correctly, and they had military prophylactic stations so that the service man could wash his genitals and squirt a salve up his penis after he already had intercourse.

Comment

Working...
                      X