Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Republicans, the "morals" party...

FBI: Mayor offered drugs, cash for sex with minors

Just another example of Republican hypocracy...

Qikdraw

FBI: Mayor offered drugs, cash for sex with minors

Just another example of Republican hypocracy...

Qikdraw

Comment

But....I don't get it....minors can't vote....j/k

Comment

I don't get it either. Nowhere did the article mention "Republican."

The man is a pedophile. What's that got to do with his politics? Or with hypocrisy?

Is pedophilia part of the platform of any political party? Which one?

(BTW, I'm not a Republican.)

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by missouriboy:
          I don't get it either. Nowhere did the article mention "Republican."

The man is a pedophile. What's that got to do with his politics? Or with hypocrisy?

Is pedophilia part of the platform of any political party? Which one?

(BTW, I'm not a Republican.)

He's a registered Republican and was lauded by the Republicans, along with a bunch of others who won their elections.

The hypocracy part comes in when Republicans continually point out "failing morals" in democrats for supporting things like gay marriage, or are pro-choice, yet ignore their own party's sex issues, corruption etc...

Sure there are idiots in both parites who are guilty of anything, but its the Republicans who continually push a "moral" agenda, but ignore their own problems with "morals".

Qikdraw

Comment

One has to remember that not all Republicans are part of the religious right -- though many are. I don't think it is correct to paint all Republicans with the same brush.

Here in Canada, the Conservatives (which were taken over by social conservative-dominated group) may be on the verge of a major battle that will, hopefully, see the word "Progressive" become part of their vocabulary again -- they were originally named the "Progressive Conservative" party before the takeover.

Comment

There are pro-choice Republicans, conservationist Republicans, pro-life Democrats, and people in both parties whose personal lives exemplify the ideals they publicly promote.

For the most part, our leaders have not taken positions against moral behavior. The primary difference is that a moralist wing of the Republican party wants public policy to mandate private moral behavior.

They would have you forget that one can effectively advocate moral behavior without imposing it by law.

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by hm0504:
                One has to remember that not all Republicans are part of the religious right -- though many are. I don't think it is correct to paint all Republicans with the same brush.

Yes you are correct, not all Republicans are extremists. However, many of the ones that aren't extremists aren't doing anything about the ones who are. They are letting them speak for all Republicans. There are a few exceptions like McCain but not enough. They need to speak up and let people know they are there and they are against what the religious right is doing.

Comment

from a moral stand point I have only this to say:

Bill and Monica
                  W and Iraq
                  Which one is harder to swallow?

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by hm0504:Here in Canada, the Conservatives (which were taken over by social conservative-dominated group) may be on the verge of a major battle that will, hopefully, see the word "Progressive" become part of their vocabulary again -- they were originally named the "Progressive Conservative" party before the takeover.

Oh please oh please!

Okay, that was off topic. To contribute more to the topic.....if a person or group of people are going to have "morals" in their speech, platform or whatever, and if they accuse others of having bad morals, well then their "morals" had better be impecable.

To paraphrase: "Let s/he who has not sinned cast the first stone."

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Cyndiannaked:
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by hm0504:

Yes you are correct, not all Republicans are extremists. However, many of the ones that aren't extremists aren't doing anything about the ones who are. They are letting them speak for all Republicans. There are a few exceptions like McCain but not enough. They need to speak up and let people know they are there and they are against what the religious right is doing.

Cyndiann, Still_Boreas,
                      I totally agree! Moderate U.S. Republicans need to shout that they're not going to take it anymore! As I mentioned, in Canada, progressive Conservatives are beginning what I hope will be a groundswell to rescue the Conservative party from its current domination by the religious right (see
                      http://www.bourque.com/jamieson.html
                      for example).

Of course, in Canada, it helps that the Conservatives are not in power and low in the polls; not sure if we'd hear the same dissent if they were in power. Unfortunately, the religious right has given the Conservative party a huge war chest and they now have oodles of money to spend on an election.

Comment

Lobotomy's for Republican's ---it's the law!
                        I'll take 8 years of "Slick Wille" to the " war monger that is there now thaks to corporate America--aka- Haliburtion

Comment

We recently had a similar case down here in New Zealand.
                          A staunch "moral campaigner" and leader of a christian based political party here,was found guilty of sexual assault and abuse on a number of under aged girls (10/11 yr olds).
                          He appeared,some years ago, on a nudism documentary down here,"Nude Zealand"voicing his opinion on nudity and down crying it as immoral and degrading to women in general.Man what a hypocrite.
                          I think he was also the prosecuting attorney in some cases convicting chid abusers.He's gonna have a lot of fun in prison aint he.
                          In his statement upon conviction,he apologised to his family,his friends and his church,but not a word for the victims or their families.
                          May he rot in hell!!!

Naturally Kiwi

Comment

As a life long...Democrat..I can tell you that I am equally tired of the "far left " that have hijacked MY party's leadership...just like the moderate Republicans are probably tired of the "far right" Republicans running their party...we all need balance...it used to be that the moderate voices in both parties carried the day...but no longer...IMHO...all civility in national politics is gone...and shrill extremism rules both parties...sad...very sad

Comment

While we're on the topic, I found this investigative report by Stephen Colbert of The Daily Show to be a very informative look at Big Tent Republicanism:
                              http://tinyurl.com/7lbmv

This is a must see video!

Comment

Working...
                              X