How Soon We Forget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Soon We Forget

Thought you might be interested in this forgotten bit of information..........

It was 1987! At a lecture the other day they were playing an old news video of Lt.Col. Oliver North testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings during the Reagan Administration.

There was Ollie in front of God and country getting the third degree, but what he said was stunning!

He was being drilled by a senator; "Did you not recently spend close to $60,000 for a home security system?"

Ollie replied, "Yes, I did, Sir."

The senator continued, trying to get a laugh out of the audience, "Isn't that just a little excessive?"

"No, sir," continued Ollie.

"No? And why not?" the senator asked.

"Because the lives of my family and I were threatened, sir."

"Threatened? By whom?" the senator questioned.

"By a terrorist, sir" Ollie answered.

"Terrorist? What terrorist could possibly scare you that much?"

"His name is Osama bin Laden, sir" Ollie replied.

At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn't pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn't. A couple of people laughed at the attempt. Then the senator continued. Why are you so afraid of this man?" the senator asked.

"Because, sir, he is the most evil person alive that I know of", Ollie answered.

"And what do you recommend we do about him?" asked the senator.

"Well, sir, if it was up to me, I would recommend that an assassin team be formed to eliminate him and his men from the face of the earth."

The senator disagreed with this approach, and that was all that was shown of the clip.

By the way, that senator was Al Gore!

Also:

Terrorist pilot Mohammad Atta blew up a bus in Israel in 1986. The Israelis captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo agreement with the Palestinians in 1993, Israel had to agree to release so-called "political prisoners."

However, the Israelis would not release any with blood on their hands, The American President at the time, Bill Clinton, and his Secretary of State, Warren Christopher, "insisted" that all prisoners be released.

Thus Mohammad Atta was freed and eventually thanked the US by flying an airplane into Tower One of the World Trade Center. This was reported by many of the American TV networks at the time that the terrorists were first identified.
    It was censored in the US from all later reports.

If you agree that the American public should be made aware of this fact, pass this on.

Do Not Break - it is 3 years strong

This is why I always say I love YOU....

This has not been broken since 9/11/01, please keep it going...
    This has been kept alive and moving since 9/11. In memory of all those who perished this morning; the passengers and the pilots on the United Air and AA flights, the workers in the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, and all the innocent bystanders. Our prayers go out to the friends and families of the deceased.

Send this to at least 10 people to show your support.

PLEASE DON'T BREAK IT!!!!!!

Removed e-mail headers - PD

Thought you might be interested in this forgotten bit of information..........

It was 1987! At a lecture the other day they were playing an old news video of Lt.Col. Oliver North testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings during the Reagan Administration.

There was Ollie in front of God and country getting the third degree, but what he said was stunning!

He was being drilled by a senator; "Did you not recently spend close to $60,000 for a home security system?"

Ollie replied, "Yes, I did, Sir."

The senator continued, trying to get a laugh out of the audience, "Isn't that just a little excessive?"

"No, sir," continued Ollie.

"No? And why not?" the senator asked.

"Because the lives of my family and I were threatened, sir."

"Threatened? By whom?" the senator questioned.

"By a terrorist, sir" Ollie answered.

"Terrorist? What terrorist could possibly scare you that much?"

"His name is Osama bin Laden, sir" Ollie replied.

At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn't pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn't. A couple of people laughed at the attempt. Then the senator continued. Why are you so afraid of this man?" the senator asked.

"Because, sir, he is the most evil person alive that I know of", Ollie answered.

"And what do you recommend we do about him?" asked the senator.

"Well, sir, if it was up to me, I would recommend that an assassin team be formed to eliminate him and his men from the face of the earth."

The senator disagreed with this approach, and that was all that was shown of the clip.

By the way, that senator was Al Gore!

Also:

Terrorist pilot Mohammad Atta blew up a bus in Israel in 1986. The Israelis captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo agreement with the Palestinians in 1993, Israel had to agree to release so-called "political prisoners."

However, the Israelis would not release any with blood on their hands, The American President at the time, Bill Clinton, and his Secretary of State, Warren Christopher, "insisted" that all prisoners be released.

Thus Mohammad Atta was freed and eventually thanked the US by flying an airplane into Tower One of the World Trade Center. This was reported by many of the American TV networks at the time that the terrorists were first identified.
    It was censored in the US from all later reports.

If you agree that the American public should be made aware of this fact, pass this on.

Do Not Break - it is 3 years strong

This is why I always say I love YOU....

This has not been broken since 9/11/01, please keep it going...
    This has been kept alive and moving since 9/11. In memory of all those who perished this morning; the passengers and the pilots on the United Air and AA flights, the workers in the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, and all the innocent bystanders. Our prayers go out to the friends and families of the deceased.

Send this to at least 10 people to show your support.

PLEASE DON'T BREAK IT!!!!!!

Removed e-mail headers - PD

Comment

So, I get to be the first to call bullshoot on this?

If you're going to remember stuff, try to remember stuff that actually happened!

Comment

Tarnation! You bet me to it!

Buffalo Chips and Cow Pies make wonderful fertilizer but they still stink.

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by Captain Curmudgeon:

If you're going to remember stuff, try to remember stuff that actually happened!

Exactly! Frankly, terrorists probably hugely benefit from the incredible gullibility of so many Americans, Canadians, and whoever, that automatically believe these kinds of fabrications.

Comment

quote:

I love emailing back to folks, the snopes take on the emails they continue to forward to me.

Some are even getting the hint to check things out themselves before forwarding emails now.

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by krcNY:
              Some are even getting the hint to check things out themselves before forwarding emails now.

Glad to hear it, but don't you wonder why so many people cannot seem to recognize spam/nonsense/baloney emails when they see them? If a message says something like "This info is really important. Send it to as many people as you can" that is pretty much a sure sign that the contents are false and one should be 1000X more ready to hit the "Delete" key than the "Forward" one.

Comment

HAR HAR HAR!!! Now we're posting chain-letters? Jeeze...

Comment

What's quite hilarious is that Oliver North was selling arms to Iran in order, inter alia, to bribe Iran into getting American hostages released. Didnt' work -- just resulted in Iran and terrorists learning that taking Americans as hostages is a great way to get arms from America.

The false story in the chain letter is of course trying to paint Oliver North as some kind of forward-looking anti-terrorist genius and the Democrats as terrorist-supporting when quite the opposite was true.

Obviously though, the chain letter assumes, correctly , that many Americans indeed soon forget even their recent history.

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by hm0504:
                    ... trying to paint Oliver North as some kind of forward-looking anti-terrorist genius ...

Could I say a couple of words in defense of North?

I served during some of the time he was in uniform and we were in Viet Nam about the same time. We were both affected by the experience in many of the same ways (he spent some time hospitalized as a result). I think that then he was a straight shooter and a pretty good guy.

But I saw so many Annapolis grads in that same time period who were reliable and honorable in the field being turned into *****s [prostitutes, OK? sigh] by being assigned to DC.

"Sailors belong on ships; ships belong at sea."

Comment

Look, I dont want to start a big ole debate with everyone on here, yes that was an email from my friend and I dotn belive in forwarding them. There were (in my opinion) some relevant points in that email, but I dont want to be the bad guy on here. I am not going to post anymore of the political emails. I am a naturist, and lean to the Right. I enjoy the posts on here. I just want to be friends with everyone and get alone. I am sorry posting it.

I just clicked on the snopes.com link, and I did not reseach that before I posted that. AGAIN, I am truly sorry.
                      MIke

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by slapshot:
                        I am not going to post anymore of the political emails.

Good idea. I don't know how it is on other rinks, but there are so many fact-goalies here that slapshots rarely score.

Comment

quote:
                          quote:
                          Originally posted by hm0504:
                          ... trying to paint Oliver North as some kind of forward-looking anti-terrorist genius ...

Could I say a couple of words in defense of North?

I served during some of the time he was in uniform and we were in Viet Nam about the same time. We were both affected by the experience in many of the same ways (he spent some time hospitalized as a result). I think that then he was a straight shooter and a pretty good guy.

But I saw so many Annapolis grads in that same time period who were reliable and honorable in the field being turned into *****s [prostitutes, OK? sigh] by being assigned to DC.

"Sailors belong on ships; ships belong at sea."

Absolutely, I think the ugly reality of politics has to be taken into consideration. I'm not an Oliver North expert, but where he did act unethically, it seems he was doing so for what he thought was for the good of the country, not his own personal gain.

Stupid situations can make people do stupid things. That pretty much applies to everybody. I expect a lot of what befell Oliver North was because he was set up as the fall guy.

Comment

This is one of those topics that should have been deleted right away esp since it had "you need to send this blah blah blah and not break the chain." These types of EMs just waste peoples time. That's why I rarely forward things like this on.

Jr.

Comment

quote:
                              I expect a lot of what befell oliver North was because he was set up as the fall guy.

And, here I thought Lee Majors was the Fall Guy!

Comment

Working...
                              X