No announcement yet.

Bad Choice ???? May be it's me, but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Choice ???? May be it's me, but....

but when an adult decides to rob a bank, it is more than a bad choice.

Mom: Giggling bandits 'little girls that made a bad choice'

Now, if you'e not up on this story, a couple of young women robbed a bank by passing a note to a confederate bank employee. Their photos were immediately plastered all over the web and soon they were nabbed.

Now mommy of one, probably not aware of her gift for understatement, says, "they're just "little' girls" who made a "bad choice"."

Now, I don't know about you you but, to me, a bad choice might be wearing white before Easter, smoking in the girl's room, dating a boy with Satan Death Wish tattoos on his forehead, or wearing cut-offs to someone's church wedding, or voting Republican, or calling John Edwards a fa**ot. Those are bad choices, but robbing a bank seems to be a life altering decision.

Here's the story. But, my point is this, maybe if momma didn't minimize her brat's bad behavior, the kid wouldn't be looking at a felony conviction. There are some absolutes you pick up along the way, and one is that if you rob a bank, you're absolutely gonna be in a world of trouble. Mommy ain't gonna talk nobody out of detention on this one!

ATLANTA, Georgia (AP) -- The mother of a 19-year-old arrested in a bank theft scheme said Monday that her daughter isn't a bandit, she just fell in with the wrong crowd and made a bad choice.

Joy Miller said her daughter, Ashley Miller, is sorry for what she did.

Ashley Miller and Heather Johnston, both 19, were videotaped wearing sunglasses and laughing as they appeared to rob a Bank of America in upscale Acworth on February 27.

Police also arrested a bank teller and another man in connection with the theft, saying the heist appeared to be an inside job. Miller and Johnston remained jailed Monday morning.

"I want (people) to know that her and Heather both are not bandits," Joy Miller told ABC's "Good Morning America" Monday." "They're little girls that made a bad choice."

Johnston's father, Edward Johnston, has said his family was in shock.

"God gives us free will and it's up to us what we do with it," he said. "Any adult has to make decisions and live with them -- good, bad or indifferent."

Dubbed the "Barbie Bandits" by some Atlanta media, the teens were captured by a surveillance camera handing a bank teller a note then casually waiting for money as if "it's all fun and games to them," said Cobb County Police spokesman Wayne Delk.

Authorities have not said how much money the girls took, but Delk said it is "considerable."

but when an adult decides to rob a bank, it is more than a bad choice.

Mom: Giggling bandits 'little girls that made a bad choice'

Now, if you'e not up on this story, a couple of young women robbed a bank by passing a note to a confederate bank employee. Their photos were immediately plastered all over the web and soon they were nabbed.

Now mommy of one, probably not aware of her gift for understatement, says, "they're just "little' girls" who made a "bad choice"."

Now, I don't know about you you but, to me, a bad choice might be wearing white before Easter, smoking in the girl's room, dating a boy with Satan Death Wish tattoos on his forehead, or wearing cut-offs to someone's church wedding, or voting Republican, or calling John Edwards a fa**ot. Those are bad choices, but robbing a bank seems to be a life altering decision.

Here's the story. But, my point is this, maybe if momma didn't minimize her brat's bad behavior, the kid wouldn't be looking at a felony conviction. There are some absolutes you pick up along the way, and one is that if you rob a bank, you're absolutely gonna be in a world of trouble. Mommy ain't gonna talk nobody out of detention on this one!

ATLANTA, Georgia (AP) -- The mother of a 19-year-old arrested in a bank theft scheme said Monday that her daughter isn't a bandit, she just fell in with the wrong crowd and made a bad choice.

Joy Miller said her daughter, Ashley Miller, is sorry for what she did.

Ashley Miller and Heather Johnston, both 19, were videotaped wearing sunglasses and laughing as they appeared to rob a Bank of America in upscale Acworth on February 27.

Police also arrested a bank teller and another man in connection with the theft, saying the heist appeared to be an inside job. Miller and Johnston remained jailed Monday morning.

"I want (people) to know that her and Heather both are not bandits," Joy Miller told ABC's "Good Morning America" Monday." "They're little girls that made a bad choice."

Johnston's father, Edward Johnston, has said his family was in shock.

"God gives us free will and it's up to us what we do with it," he said. "Any adult has to make decisions and live with them -- good, bad or indifferent."

Dubbed the "Barbie Bandits" by some Atlanta media, the teens were captured by a surveillance camera handing a bank teller a note then casually waiting for money as if "it's all fun and games to them," said Cobb County Police spokesman Wayne Delk.

Authorities have not said how much money the girls took, but Delk said it is "considerable."

Comment

19 year old women are not "little girls". They should know basic right and wrong by now. No matter what culture you are in the world, robbing banks is wrong.

Sounds like mommy didn't do a very good job at teaching her little girl basic values and letting them grow up to act like responsible adults.

Throw the mother into prison with the girls and they can have a nice family reunion.

Comment

I agree. 19 year olds aren't "little girls" anymore, and robbing a bank goes w-a-a-a-a-a-a-y beyond "bad choice."

Comment

quote:
          "I want (people) to know that her and Heather both are not bandits,"

True

They are Bank Robbers, Not "Bandits".

5 years of Hard time should instill in them the Values that Mommy Dearest forgot to tell them about.

Same punishment no matter what gender they are.

Steve

Comment

I wonder how often they'll giggle in the clink??? I imagine they won't think it was all that funny once they're behind bars...

Comment

I caught an update to this the other day. Seems the "little girls" were stripping in some joint, using and dealing drugs, living in a crash pad without furniture or beds, and neighbors saying that they seemed to have quite a few "gentlemen callers". Ahem, tsk, tsk.

One of the girls, according to mommy, would like to get this behind her and go back to school and become a nurse. I'm not certain about GA, but in some states it is rare, if not impossible, for a felon to get a nurisng license. Bank robbery, drugging, and stripping do not always get your resume to the top of the stack--unless you're auditioning to be a Momma in some Hell's Angels gang.

I'm thinking it's about time for mommy to button up! I suspect she's starting to annoy the jury pool.

At one level one has to have a ton of pity for these idiots. But, at another level you just have to want to scream at the, "What in the hell did you think would happen?"

Comment

Is 'mommy' by any chance 'blonde'? Just curious.

Comment

LOL Good one, nudeM.

These little girls will soon have a better understanding of what it means to be an adult.

It isn't being able to do what ever you want, it is taking responsibility for your actions.

Comment

Apples do not fall to far from the tree...Mommys judgement does not appear to be the best either...hey Mom...my advice...zip it !!!

Comment

Bad choice? Yes. Nowdays the big criminals do it in the stock market and make enough to get a lite sentence if they get caught.

Nothing wrong with them that 20 years at hard labor won't cure!

Comment

Let this be a message to America's youth. If you are going to be a criminal, don't commit small crimes. Go big, go HUGE.

After all ... no one is being prosecuted for the nine ... make that twelve ... make that Twenty Billion Dollars in cash lost in Iraq.

Not a single war profiteer has been prosecuted for cheating the American taxpayer while serving rotten food, foul water and substandard services to our troops.

No contractor is being prosecuted for deliberately wasting money and material on cost plus contracts in Iraq and the Gulf Coast after Katrina.

Bank robbery is for punks. Real men loot the treasury. And then get awarded a Medal of Freedom.

-Mark

Comment

On this type of subject matter: Did you hear about the 9 year old boy from up here in Washington? He stole his 3rd car (of his young 'career'), drove it up to 80 miles an hour, went a distance of over 13 miles and ended up crashing it? THEN, the next day or so, the same boy makes it to SeaTac International and fakes his way onto a South West jet and ends up in TX. (Talk about good security!)

My point is: His mom was PROUD that her son could get himself to TX alone........ARGGGG! Look for her and the boy on Dr. Phil...the kid was in trouble for violating his parol and flying to LA to tape the show. (I don't think it's aired yet but not positive.)

Comment

You know something? I am going to have to agree with you on this one. By the age of 19, you are legally an adult and know,or should know, the difference between right and wrong. If you don't know by then, it sounds like Mom and Dad failed somewhere along the line! Yes indeed, it is tragic what is probably going to happen to them at the hands of the justice system. But that is what it was created to do. I just can't believe that the girls would actually think it is a joke to pass a note inside a bank to a teller which demanded. To me, that is like joking about a bomb at the airport. Totally taboo in this post-911 world!

Ken Palmer

quote:
                            Originally posted by UpstateNYBill:
                            19 year old women are not "little girls". They should know basic right and wrong by now. No matter what culture you are in the world, robbing banks is wrong.

Sounds like mommy didn't do a very good job at teaching her little girl basic values and letting them grow up to act like responsible adults.

Throw the mother into prison with the girls and they can have a nice family reunion.

Comment

Hey DenitaLC. Is this genuinely a true story about this 9-year-old boy?

Ken Palmer

quote:
                              Originally posted by DenitaLC:
                              On this type of subject matter: Did you hear about the 9 year old boy from up here in Washington? He stole his 3rd car (of his young 'career'), drove it up to 80 miles an hour, went a distance of over 13 miles and ended up crashing it? THEN, the next day or so, the same boy makes it to SeaTac International and fakes his way onto a South West jet and ends up in TX. (Talk about good security!)

My point is: His mom was PROUD that her son could get himself to TX alone........ARGGGG! Look for her and the boy on Dr. Phil...the kid was in trouble for violating his parol and flying to LA to tape the show. (I don't think it's aired yet but not positive.)

Comment

Working...
                              X