Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Nancy Pelosi be charged with Sexual Harassment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Nancy Pelosi be charged with Sexual Harassment?

Tonight the news was a-buzz with Nancy's kiss-a-thon in Congress. If I make an off color comment at work, I can be charged with sexual harassment. I can just imagine what would happen if I went to work and started kissing everyone. Why don't the rules apply evenly to everyone?

Tonight the news was a-buzz with Nancy's kiss-a-thon in Congress. If I make an off color comment at work, I can be charged with sexual harassment. I can just imagine what would happen if I went to work and started kissing everyone. Why don't the rules apply evenly to everyone?

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by KetchumMaine:
      Tonight the news was a-buzz with Nancy's kiss-a-thon in Congress.

It was? Wow, it must be an unbelievably slow news day.

Comment

I'm sure Fox, CNN, NBC and all the rest will soon jump on the Pelosi Kissgate bandwagon.

Bush can misplace 9 Billion dollars with the media hardly noticing. Give Haliburton no bid contracts to build hundreds of secret prisons across the US without any explanation as to WHO they are for. Break any law with impunity. Use the Constitution as toilet paper. None of that is important enough to report in the corporate media. But let a woman, a Democrat, be overly joyous about a single step away from our non-stop national misfortune, and yep, better nail her! So much worse than a lie that costs the lives of 3000 soldiers.

Our unbiased media at work:

Comment

The others can be charged as well.

Comment

Good grief! This can't be serious!!!!! Are there no REAL issues in the US these days? Perhaps a war that was started on false pretences? Clinton gets lambasted for his excapades (as if he was the only president with sexual "indescretions") and now Pelosi?

Mark you said it best:

quote:
            Bush can misplace 9 Billion dollars with the media hardly noticing. Give Haliburton no bid contracts to build hundreds of secret prisons across the US without any explanation as to WHO they are for. Break any law with impunity. Use the Constitution as toilet paper. None of that is important enough to report in the corporate media. But let a woman, a Democrat, be overly joyous about a single step away from our non-stop national misfortune, and yep, better nail her! So much worse than a lie that costs the lives of 3000 soldiers.

The US should be proud to have at least two strong women in such positions of power. (Rice and Pelosi)

Sheesh. I am scratching my head at the mere idea that this could become a newsworthy item.

Comment

I would think her kisses are very sweet to behold. (I unfortunately missed the news tonight). It was in the open and was a simple brief expression of affection for her colleges. More innocent emotional expression should be acceptable among persons. Anyone want a brief hug? If so, line up and I will give each a brief hug. (This remark is most definitely not sexual solicitation).

Comment

Speaker Pelosi has enough things to worry about. Bush's Iraq escapade has killed 3006 American military personnel and the VA is reporting that 150,000 Iraq war vets are receiving disability benefits.

Fox news? They can't even get final sports scores right. Faux news is more like it.

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by KetchumMaine:

You need to know what constitutes sexual harrassment before you start whimpering about rules inequities.

But public, reciprocol, celebratory hugs and kisses do not constitute sexual harrassment, except in the most juvenile of minds.

I just wish my mother, grandmothers and several deceased aunts had been alive to see our first woman House Speaker.

I got particular joy from all the families and children at the occassion and taht she allowed for time for each of the kids to come down and touch that historic gavel--what a story they'll each (girls and boys alike) have for their children.

Thirty years ago, this could not have happened. Women were still fighting for their opportunites to be firefighters, police officers, and to serve in the regular military.

It's a shame that some "men" are so threatened by strong, self-confident women--they're fencing themselves off from some the brightest and best people.

For those who do not like it that Ms. Pelosi holds that position. Tough! We voted knowing that would happen--elections have consequences, you see.

Comment

Must be a slow news day. Either that or this is REAL news. In an age where we receive a daily media dose of shooting, beatings, etc, maybe it is REAL news when someone resorts to hugs and kisses instead of beatings and shootings. Is she still giving out hugs and kisses? Maybe time for a road trip.......to DC.....

Comment

Originally posted by usmc1 -- "But public, reciprocol, celebratory hugs and kisses do not constitute sexual harrasment, except in the most juvenile of minds."

Never hath a truer statement been uttered than that cited above.

As Mark, eloquently points out in his post, the inanities, questionable ethos, immorality, insanity, perversions and outright crimminality of the past six years is Perfectly OK and they get into a snit over a kiss?!!!!!?

I seem to remember, they tried this before a few years back didn't they?
                      Before they failed ... they always fail.

Smoke and mirrors, smoke and mirrors, folks.

Comment

Ok, seriously, I can't find anything on the net about this story, although I am sure one of you will jump at the chance to show me where to look. Exactly who is in a snit?

...and you say the news is a-buzz? I think you're the one buzzed dude.

Seriously, don't be a bogart!!!

Comment

quote:
                          You need to know what constitutes sexual harrassment before you start whimpering about rules inequities.

But public, reciprocol, celebratory hugs and kisses do not constitute sexual harrassment, except in the most juvenile of minds.

I got thinking about this post later last night and wanted to post a similar response. Good job usmc!

quote:
                          Ok, seriously, I can't find anything on the net about this story, although I am sure one of you will jump at the chance to show me where to look. Exactly who is in a snit?

...and you say the news is a-buzz? I think you're the one buzzed dude.

Another thought I had. Thanks.

I hope that Ms. Pelosi starts something down there. Like others have said, perhaps this should spread rather than be squashed.

Comment

quote:
                            Ok, seriously, I can't find anything on the net about this story

Good point 'fish. Even Limbaugh hasn't jumped upon it - he is just talking about estrogen, her tiny fists, and Pelosi's ability to breastfeed the nation's children.

-Mark

Comment

Did the news reports say anything about sexual harassment, or was that just ketchummaine's comment?

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X