Flag Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flag Day

I am shocked and saddened that Nackt-boy, USMC, mo-boy, and all the other flag-wavers would not make one mention that today is US Flag Day! Bernard Cigrand, the Stoney Hill School and the good people of Waubeka, WI would be amazed that even a certain Navy OIC remembered! (my boss). I am not surprised that my big boss(a certain W) would forget. But you guys?! Really!

I am shocked and saddened that Nackt-boy, USMC, mo-boy, and all the other flag-wavers would not make one mention that today is US Flag Day! Bernard Cigrand, the Stoney Hill School and the good people of Waubeka, WI would be amazed that even a certain Navy OIC remembered! (my boss). I am not surprised that my big boss(a certain W) would forget. But you guys?! Really!

Comment

Hello fred950. I just logged on a little while ago. I certainly like to wish everyone here on the forum a Happy Flag Day! I can only access this website from the computer terminals on the campus of Cal. State University San Bernardino, which is where I am now. I work during the day Mon.-Fri. and I do not own a computer of my own at home. If so, I would have mentioned it earlier today(Flag Day). The computers at my office will not allow me to access it from there because it is owned by the government and is monitored always. Even the terminals at our local city library are blocked from here. See my dilemma?

Ken Palmer

quote:
      Originally posted by fred950:

Comment

Shocked and saddened? Awww, I regret my paltry part in that.

Out here in East Jesus, washed in the holy blood of the lamb, love it or leave it, jingoistic, christian family values, heartland, patriotic, dumber than a sack of Trinty River sand Texas...every freeking day is flag day.

There were no more and no less yesterday than on any other day--I did notice that the Houston Astros gave the first 10,000 fans a little flag to flitter about.

And gee Fred, that's the first time anyone's ever called me a flag-waver...it's usually more along the lines of "pinko, flag-burning, dirty-hippy, commie"---with the occasional arrogant smart-***, know-it all thrown in.

I take solice in the fact that animals and little children seem to like me on sight.

Comment

I wished everyone at work a happy flag day. No one knew what I was talking about. I suggested it might be an appropriate day to retire all the dirty ripped threadbare 'car flags' and replace them with nice new ones - more appropriately displayed. Blank stares.

God forbid we ever pass a Flag Desecration law, 99.88% of the violators would be the same jingoistic wingnuts who think they revere the flag above all else but have no clue about how to respectfully display it. Ironic, by raising flag reverance to idolatry they would sacrifice the liberty the flag symbolizes, yet they don't even understand the proper way to respect the symbol.

Comment

Flag day is also my birthday. I'm told as a child I believed that all the flags and celebration was for me. I guess in early grade school kids can be pretty egocentric.

Comment

I have been out of town for the past two days, so unable to post anything. Happy belated Flag Day to all. A day we must all honor Ole Glory. Long may she wave.

Comment

my flag flys every day, 24/7... and yes i have a light on it at night....

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by usmc1:

And gee Fred, that's the first time anyone's ever called me a flag-waver...it's usually more along the lines of "pinko, flag-burning, dirty-hippy, commie"---with the occasional arrogant smart-***, know-it all thrown in.

I take solice in the fact that animals and little children seem to like me on sight.

USMC, you are more of a TRUE patriot than you give yourself credit for. Your standing up to the Chicken Hawks in the Stained House proves it.

Patriotism is loality to your country and (in the USA) the Constitution! NOT the whims of W!

Comment

Pop-Quiz time!

Just who was Bernard Cigrand and what does Waubeka, WI have to do with it?

Comment

Working...
                    X