Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone heard how former member Adelle88 is doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone heard how former member Adelle88 is doing?

Adelle would be 18 now, her birthdate being September 30, 1988. Some of us here considered her a friend. She decided to back away from her very active advocacy of nudism for a while. Has anyone heard how things are going with her?

By using CFI/CFF's great "Search Engine" many posts still exist on "Adelle88"

re:

Link to mention of past user "Adelle88" on the forums.

Link to CFF "Search Engine & Page

I believe she went over to "My nude Life's" forum of "Cyndian" Dont know if she is still there I never go there.

Adelle' name or Adelle88 is not in the CFF Forums database of current unser names.

Comment

Out of curiousity, I did a google search on "adelle shea." One of the sites that came up was the Canadian naturist's organization magazine index with an article by Adelle's step-mother. It explains lot.

I'm clueless as to how to establish a link. To find the article, google "adelle shea" and look for "Sample Article, Going Natural Magazine." Click on it and scroll down to the Winter 2005-2006 article titled, "The Road Less Traveled; Growing With My Daughter Adelle." Well worth reading.

Comment

I'm clueless as to how to establish a link.
        Here you go: The road less travelled: Growing with my daughter Adelle

And here's a recent cartoon submitted by Adelle to TERA, followed by her 2004 article on topfreedom: Dilemma

-Mark

Comment

Naturist Mark, Thanks for the great link with the Winter 2005-2006 article in 'Going Natural' magazine by Adelle's stepmother. I've only skimmed it so far, but I'm glad to get news of her. I always enjoyed discussing issues with her.

Thanks to all for your replies.

Comment

Mark, I read your link's article by Adelle's stepmother and it makes it easier to understand what Adelle was going through when she withdrew from her activism. Her birthmother's response was society's typical response, but it had to be devastating to Adelle.

Comment

I'm not on the forum much at all (no home computer) but I have long considered Adelle a friend and a role model. I hope she reclaims her activism so I can hold her up to my daughter as a great example. I hope anyone who hears of Adelle's return in any way shape or form would let me know. Thank you.

Comment

Adelle has a fine article in the latest FCN Going Natural magazine. Keep writing Adelle!

Comment

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index.php?act=Print...t=printer&f=6&t=3015

says enough. Role model? or rebellion...

Try this link instead (Leah):
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuoLEzU2SnE

Comment

Originally posted by Naturist4Ever:
                    http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index.php?act=Print...t=printer&f=6&t=3015

says enough. Role model? or rebellion...
                    That is a very poor representation of Adelle. It's a bunch of people talking about her who have no knowledge about her.

Rebellious is the wrong word for Adelle. She wasn't defiant of her parents (father and step-mother), although she certainly challenges custom, which is the job of the young.

Role model? You could do a lot worse.

Google "Adelle Shea" and you will find a lot of information. A tremendous amount of bigotry aimed at her, and enormous jumps to conclusions, and here and there you will find Adelle's own words - measured, insightful, well researched, and provocative. You don't have to agree with her to admire a sharp mind and what is bound to be an important voice in the future.

-Mark

Comment

People use the term "thinking outside the box" all too often. Adelle actually does though. She will examine some things that are so common and assumed that most of us deal with on automatic. She then asks "why" in a serious attempt to find an answer. She is very studious and thoughtful and genuinely seeks an answer. I think a lot of the flack she catches are from people chagrined that they don't have a good response to the question "why". When stumped they lash out at her rather than do some much needed introspection. By the way I do consider her to be a role model. In addition to her intelligence she displays courage, empathy, and simple honest decency.

Comment

Originally posted by Naturist Mark:

That is a very poor representation of Adelle. It's a bunch of people talking about her who have no knowledge about her.

Rebellious is the wrong word for Adelle. She wasn't defiant of her parents (father and step-mother), although she certainly challenges custom, which is the job of the young.

Role model? You could do a lot worse.

Google "Adelle Shea" and you will find a lot of information. A tremendous amount of bigotry aimed at her, and enormous jumps to conclusions, and here and there you will find Adelle's own words - measured, insightful, well researched, and provocative. You don't have to agree with her to admire a sharp mind and what is bound to be an important voice in the future.

-Mark
                        Mark and jon71, can I jump in here for a few seconds? I applaud what Adelle has done, although I wasn't too crazy about it at first. I thought she was going a little bit overboard . . . that is, until I read the comments by people who don't even know her.

How many people here know the story regarding how I got involved in naturism? The first time I posted here I called it "naturalism," which is bird watching. Okay, if you don't and since there are so many posts and threads begun by me, let me give you the lowdown.

As you can see on my "Registered date" to the left, I came to terms with being nude and it's okay to be after some hard soulsearching. After that date, as many of you know, I was accused of some very nasty things by a Christian college I was attending that some trolls at http://www.fundamentalforums.com/ had come across information I told them about being nude. Well, there is a young lady here on cff that had posted her nude avatar and asked if it looked okay. I and several others told her it was fine. This was the basis of my being kicked out of a Christian college. Now, back to my "naked story." It was around Christmas and I was surfing the internet. I just happened to think of "The Naked Guy" and wondered what he was doing. http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...1/NAKEDGUY.TMP From my own conclusions, I don't believe he was going around naked to show off a sickness he had, but rather, after so many years of being called names and everything, he ended his young, promising life. I thought, if he could be perfectly fine being nude, then so can I. After all, he and I do have the same kind of plumbing.

On a serious note, I don't know of one single, solitary young woman that would have the braveness that Adelle had to show herself and not only that, be COMFORTABLE with her own body image.

Let me ask you this: Would you rather have your daughter (s) puking every day to get that "Hollywood Image" that they're told everyday they're alive and if they don't live up to it they'd best kill themselves? Or would you rather have them not have the "Barbie Syndrome" and be proud they are happy with their body image? Girls, specifically teen girls, have hell enough to maintain without people critisizing their every move (literally). If guys had that done to them, people would be getting beaten up on a daily basis.

I say, YOU GO GIRL, ADELLE!!

Comment

Working...
                        X