Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to buy for Mother's Day ?

Hey fellow INA Forum Dudes and Dudets.

RT here again with a bit of a problem, Casey (My twin bro) and I are stuck with ideas on what to buy our mother for mother's day.

She has everything and we don't like buying her a Gft Certificate because we think it's not personal enough.

Obviously we will buy her flowers on the day and take them over to her house but you just can't buy flowers.

H E L P ! A N Y I D E A S ?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

RT & CT Signing out

Hey fellow INA Forum Dudes and Dudets.

RT here again with a bit of a problem, Casey (My twin bro) and I are stuck with ideas on what to buy our mother for mother's day.

She has everything and we don't like buying her a Gft Certificate because we think it's not personal enough.

Obviously we will buy her flowers on the day and take them over to her house but you just can't buy flowers.

H E L P ! A N Y I D E A S ?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

RT & CT Signing out

Comment

RT

I do not know what kind of money you want to spend, but a couple years ago I bought a ring with my brothers and my birthstones on it. She thought it was quite special and personal. Mothers love birthstones, you could even buy just the stones, and then later on have them set the way she wants them (ring, pendant, necklace what ever)

good luck

ercNY

Comment

First make an appointment and then kiddnap her. Carry her off to a spa for a massage, manicure, pedicure, facial, or what ever. Keep it a total surprise. Depending on what you think she may be comfortable with, keep her company during the spa visit and treat yourself to the spa services, or include a sister or someone else to keep her company. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

wannabe, I like your ideas....RT, the best gifts anyone can give their mother is time. Spend as much time as possible with her. Being with your children is truely the best gift, this is also true for Father's Day. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

This year I have talked with all the siblings and we will be taking Mom out to Lunch. As Hw put it the best thing that you can give to a parent is your time, and if I might add, love and appreciation. On a different note (not trying to change topics) I also like to get my parents flowers on MY Birthday, as a way to say thank you for having me. Without Mom and Dad I woulndt be here.
            Im done now, great post RT
            Cookie Monster [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

For my dear mother's 77th birthday, I went to a photographer and had a series of photos taken of myself in different poses (with my clothes on. She wouldn't have appreciated the other kind) and had them mounted on a 17x20 inch background. She died 2 days before her birthday and never saw them. Cherish your mother while you have her. You don't realize what she means to you until she's gone. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Comment

When is Mother's Day?

Comment

May 11.

Comment

All I can say to everyone is to repeat Jon-Marc's comment. Cherish your parents while they are still here. I lost my Mother last August to Breast Cancer. We lived about three hours from each other. I spent every weekend with her from May until her death. The best gift that I could give her was the time I spent next to her. Talking, rubbing her forehead, and serving her in her last days. I can truely say that there is NOTHING that I wish I had said to her. I can remember her saying she was worried that I was spending to much time away from my home. My comment to her? "Mom, this is where I am suppose to be. Just as you took care of me while I was sick. It is my turn to take care of you."

Love, Cherish, and respect your Mother and Father while they are still with you. Bless them with your presence, and don't worry about the presents.

Comment

Hey RT,

My mother has all the 'stuff' she could want, and is trying to cut down on the amount of stuff she has. So while she likes jewelry, clothes, books and things, my brother and I don't get her that sort of stuff any more.

Some things she likes are:

* Massages (the idea of facials etc above is also good if she likes that sort of thing)

* Being taken out for a special day - often to a surprise location to do things she enjoys. Work in a nice lunch, perhaps an easy hike, perhaps visiting shops in a small town. Places like the Southern Highlands and BLue Mountains have lots of nice places that can seem 'special'.

* A ticket for a show - perhaps together with a friend or maybe yourselves if she likes going with someone. I got my mother a ticket to see the Rolling Stones at Christmas and she loved it! Look in the papers for concerts, plays etc that she might like.

* Donate her some 'servant time' - you and your brother can offer to be her servants for the day and fix things around the house, clean and tidy it etc.

Hope you find the right gift!

Comment

RT here again...

Thanks for all the way cool suggestions.

The regular INA Forum dudes and dutets know we are a very close family and do everything together so spending quality time with her is just like another day of the week in our family.

Again all the regulars know our father passed away recently and we (mum, Julie and my twin bro Casey) spent some time alone cruising the Whitsunday Islands to get over our loss.

So what have we decided to do ?

Well, Casey, Julie and I have decided to send her away with her best friend Pam to Fiji for a week.
                        She can spend a week away from her annoying children.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

RT

Comment

Wow! That sounds like a great trip, and I'm sure she will appreciate your generosity in sending her friend along too.

Comment

Working...
                          X