Drum corps, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum corps, anyone?

Fans, friends, family,or even participants, past or present or future. Surely there is someone out there who knows someone interested in drum and bugle corps. Herooftime once started a thread with a band camp experience.

I have two sons in two DCI division one corps this year. Last year, the older one did a senior corps to try getting some classes over the summer, but he went back to full time corps this year.

At our local show here a couple weeks ago, The Magic was introduced as being from Kissimee, Florida. They must have moved from Orlando, or at least Kissimee is sponsoring them to some degree. Is AANR or Cypress Cove participating in this promote Kissimee publicity thing? I have also heard segments on NPR being sponsored by Kissimee.

And if so, does anyone have sons or daughters in drum corps?

And is anyone going to DCI championships in Madison in August? We will be there.

Fans, friends, family,or even participants, past or present or future. Surely there is someone out there who knows someone interested in drum and bugle corps. Herooftime once started a thread with a band camp experience.

I have two sons in two DCI division one corps this year. Last year, the older one did a senior corps to try getting some classes over the summer, but he went back to full time corps this year.

At our local show here a couple weeks ago, The Magic was introduced as being from Kissimee, Florida. They must have moved from Orlando, or at least Kissimee is sponsoring them to some degree. Is AANR or Cypress Cove participating in this promote Kissimee publicity thing? I have also heard segments on NPR being sponsored by Kissimee.

And if so, does anyone have sons or daughters in drum corps?

And is anyone going to DCI championships in Madison in August? We will be there.

Comment

When I was a kid, my parents went through a number of musical phases, taking us to events of various kinds. There was a polka phase, barbershop quartets, barbershop choruses, and many others. A fife and drum phase mutated into a drum and bugle period. We went to a few events, but it only lasted one summer. Fife and drum is bigger than drum & bugle here in New England, last year I went to a fife and drum muster and parade in CT that's been going on for ages.

I have a great appreciation for my parents exposing us to so many different kinds of music (although I have no musical ability myself), and am always glad to hear about other parents involving their children in music. Keep it up and have fun!

Dave

Comment

Thank you Dave. I don't know anything about fife and drum in New England, but drum coprs seems to be pretty big at least as far as Boston and kids interested will travel long distances to participate in a corps of their choosing. It is two hours from here to Jacksonville, Alabama for the one and 800 miles to Rockford for the other. And he goes to school in Pensacola, Fla.

Drum corps, actually attending the Championship at the end of the season, has gotten us to different parts of the country also. Orlando, Denver and Foxboro, Mass. And this year will be Madison, Wis.

It is also helping me to present social nudism to my reluctant wife. Basically, I'm the nudist one and she is the social one. I keep hoping that if she could get to socializing and forget about being nude she would be okay with it and like it. That hasn't happened yet.

We visited Cypress Cove when in Orlando and stayed at Sun Ridge in Conn. last year and the plans are for Valley View this year for Madison. If there were some other drum corps family(ies) to get to know, another common interest could help with her acceptance.

Comment

Hello-o-o-o? Anyone out there?

Why is there a TV in front of my typewriter and where do I put the paper?

Comment

Working...
          X