Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22 Most corrupt members of congress

http://www.beyonddelay.org/node/311

Eighteen Republicans and four Democrats. Yep!

It was very interesting to see Kentucky's Mitch McConnell's name second from the top. This Republican senator's blind and sock-puppet support of the war and occupation of Iraq and of all Bush's policies, including the turned back plan to hand Social Security over to Wall Street, has disapproval ratings approaching 50%, approval ratings of less than 50%, and disapproval of his "handling" the war is at 55%.

Kentucky Democrats will mount a fierce '08 campaign with a big name candidate.

Comment

This article also appeared in our local paper this morning. It never stops amazing me how these folks can get elected over and over again with this stuff going on. Unfortunately, I do not think it speaks too highly of the American voting public. And yes, my adpoted home state of Arizona made the list

Comment

JustNude, it's not that hard to figure. So long as the Federal Bucks keep flowing to thier district, So will the votes!

Comment

Well, well. Here's how the feds nabbed that arch fiend and Bridge To Nowhere Villain, Alaska Republican, Tad Stevens:

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/fbi-secretly-taped-gop-sen...id=NWS00010000000001

Them there dang ole chickens keep on a comin' home to roost.

Comment

California has 4! WE WIN!
            b.l.

Comment

I think if you pick 22 randomly.....you'll still find they are all corrupt.

Comment

Not necessarily

In the same way that not all Doctors fit the various cliches....need one for example, ask a floor nurse.

I know, and have know some very hardworking and very honest politicians. The corrupting influence, and maybe i should say, primary corrupting influence is the ongoing need to raise incredible sums of money to get elected and to stay elected.

There are few politicians from ward level to the White House, who will not confess that this is the most onerous part of the job. And, the more honest the politician, the more distasteful they find this aspect of public service.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorSurferDude View Post
                  I think if you pick 22 randomly.....you'll still find they are all corrupt.
                  I think I'd modify that a little bit, to wit: If you examine all 535 carefully, you might find about 22 that are not corrupt (yet!).

Comment

Originally posted by usmc1 View Post
                    Kentucky Democrats will mount a fierce '08 campaign with a big name candidate.
                    I certainly hope so. I am getting very tired of having to grit my teeth in order to vote for Democrats in this state -- and I *am* a Democrat. Of course, judging from recent defections in the state legislature, it may be true that many of our Republicans friends are *also* Democrats.

Vin

Comment

Working...
                    X