Just a thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a thought

The thread "Introduction to Communal Nudity" has been a popular one. It's well on its way through the third page.

It has also done what conversations tend to do over time: it has morphed repeatedly into new subjects. This means that a visitor who is interested in the posted subject, and who checks to see the more recent contributions, ends up reading something totally off-topic.

It also means that when someone now adds a comment that responds to the posted topic, the on-topic response seems to be wildly out of bounds.

My reaction to the various topics that have been discussed under this one heading is that they have been interesting. For the most part they have been reasonably polite, and when they were starting to get a little testy the administrators were there to insist on a better tone.

So it's all worthwhile conversation; it's just not on topic. What to do?

Here's my suggestion: when a thread remains persistently off the original topic, the administrators can bodily remove the misdirected material, insert it as a new thread within the appropriate forum category, and place a notice in the original thread as to where the discussion has moved. This is done in other boards, and it serves everyone well.

This forum already has a place for every kind of discussion, so it's easy to do. If the conversation doesn't pertain to naturism ? as in the case of discussion of sexual preferences in the "Introduction to Communal Nudity" topic ? put it in the same section that this suggestion is being posted: Off Topic. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

The thread "Introduction to Communal Nudity" has been a popular one. It's well on its way through the third page.

It has also done what conversations tend to do over time: it has morphed repeatedly into new subjects. This means that a visitor who is interested in the posted subject, and who checks to see the more recent contributions, ends up reading something totally off-topic.

It also means that when someone now adds a comment that responds to the posted topic, the on-topic response seems to be wildly out of bounds.

My reaction to the various topics that have been discussed under this one heading is that they have been interesting. For the most part they have been reasonably polite, and when they were starting to get a little testy the administrators were there to insist on a better tone.

So it's all worthwhile conversation; it's just not on topic. What to do?

Here's my suggestion: when a thread remains persistently off the original topic, the administrators can bodily remove the misdirected material, insert it as a new thread within the appropriate forum category, and place a notice in the original thread as to where the discussion has moved. This is done in other boards, and it serves everyone well.

This forum already has a place for every kind of discussion, so it's easy to do. If the conversation doesn't pertain to naturism ? as in the case of discussion of sexual preferences in the "Introduction to Communal Nudity" topic ? put it in the same section that this suggestion is being posted: Off Topic. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Luvnaturism: A very good suggestion. We will
      explore it.

Comment

luvnaturism: Your idea has my vote. Administrators, please do take note.

Comment

Working...
        X