Suggestions for new categories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for new categories

We are going to add many new categories for theses forums Such as clubs, beaches, new naturists, etc. Please reply with more suggestions. All ideas considered. Thank you!!!
    Corky Stanton
    INA Staff
    Webmaster

We are going to add many new categories for theses forums Such as clubs, beaches, new naturists, etc. Please reply with more suggestions. All ideas considered. Thank you!!!
    Corky Stanton
    INA Staff
    Webmaster

Comment

I would suggest amalgamating some of the existing categories rather just adding more. It seems to me that the INA server is somewhat slower than some message board servers which means that the more I have to switch betwen categories the more time it takes - and the more frustrated I get.

I've also noticed that there is a lot of overlap between some of the existing categories and some people just post in the first category they come to. Perhaps I could suggest the following structure:

General Discussions
      - Nude Living (to incorporate Basic Fun of Nude Living, Education and Promotion, Miscellaneous and New Topics, Body Acceptance, Legal Issues and Religious Issues)
      - New Naturists
      - Young Naturists

Meet Others
      - Meet New Friends With Photos - US
      - Meet New Friends With Photos - International

Venues
      - Beaches, resorts and clubs - US
      - Beaches, resorts and clubs - International

Naturist Announcements
      - Commercial
      - Non-Commercial

Off Topic
      - Off Topic Miscellaneous

Rik

Comment

My assumption is that the point of adding topics is to encourage people to post more, while perhaps keeping things a bit more organized. In principle I'm in favor of that.

However, this forum seems to be already getting more traffic than it can handle. Until recently it was rare for me to have a problem getting connected, and when it did happen I just assumed that the system was down for maintenance. Now, however, it's common for my browser to time out.

So I'd favor holding off on efforts to increase traffic until some capacity has been added.

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by Rik:
          [qb]It seems to me that the INA server is somewhat slower than some message board servers which means that the more I have to switch betwen categories the more time it takes - and the more frustrated I get.
          [/qb]
          Rik, do you use the "Today's Active Topics" page? I find that very handy. That way I only go to threads that have a new posting, and then only to those that appear to have some interest for me.
          [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks Rik!
            It looks like your ideas are getting the most votes so far here at the office. More ideas from anyone are welcome.

Aslo, we just purchased a new very fast server to handle the video and photo downloads and will take a load off the main clothesfree.com server. It will be up and running in about 10 days. So we will have two servers running the whole web site.
            Corky Stanton
            INA Staff
            Webmaster

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by luvnaturism:
              [qb]Rik, do you use the "Today's Active Topics" page? [/qb]
              Luvnaturism, Yes I do but because I'm on the other side of the Atlantic to you it's not always too useful. Most of the posts are made during your evening which is about 5 or 6 o'clock in the morning for me and the cut over between "yesterday" and "today" is midnight for you but 8 o'clock in the morning for me. So if I log on at say 9 or 10 in the morning (UK time)I invariably find that there are "no posts today" so I have to use the individual categories to catch up on what people wrote. Confused? Me too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Rik

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by Administrator:
                [qb].. we just purchased a new very fast server to handle the video and photo downloads and will take a load off the main clothesfree.com server. It will be up and running in about 10 days.[/qb]
                Hey Corky, I can't wait. It'll be great to see the pages loading faster but what will I do with all the time I save? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

While I have no suggestions as to adding subjects, I do have other suggestions.

You need to delete many of the subjects that haven't been replied to in a long time. Also, you could delete repetitions of the same subject, or combine them since they are the same subject. Wouldn't this free up some computer space? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks!
                    Server space is not the problem. We have 60 free gigs of HD space and much more on the new server. The problem is the Nudes in the News video downloads and the 5,000 photos that people are constantly downloading. The new server will house all the videos and photos and the current server will scream. I would like to keep a record of all the past posts so people can look them up. They are just text files and uses very little bandwidth.
                    Corky

Comment

Working...
                    X