No announcement yet.

New cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nude-N-Free, what on earth would I want an AWD for? As a former 125 mile a day, six day a week for ten years, now down to a mere 42 miles a day, five days a week, I enjoyed a reputation for showing up for work when others living less than a mile or two away called in to say they couldn't get out of their own driveway.I just stuck to my Corvairs for winter driving as long as I could and then swichted to FWD.
    I have driven AWD Subees, AMC Eagles and Audi Quattros and just don't see the point to it. While they all inspired wonderful driver confidence in snow and on ice, the danger of over-confidence comes into play when trying to stop on slick surfaces. Plus the added wieght, fuel consumption and maintenence costs more than offset any perceived advantages in the snow.

Comment

I just got a new Honda CRV...I really loved my 98 CRV( Cramped Recreational Vehicle) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] but gave it up to my daughters as a school commute car..Made it it out of the mountains in 8 inches of snow,great gas mileage,no problems in 86000 miles ,folding table and wet well in the rear...and fits in my golf cart sized garage [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by Sundance36:
        [qb] We bought one of Chrysler's crossfire. It is soo cool
        most people haven't seen one so we get alot of questions about it. All I can say it's fun and fast too. at 100 u feel like your doing 70. A very stable car. [/qb]
        Today we went to an auto show, where I made it a point to check out the Crossfire. Great looking car. It's bound to be fun.

We spent extra time with the new Toyota Prius. It's really impressive?lot's of space and fuel economy too. It takes a while to get my head around the fact that it gets better mileage in city traffic than on the highway.

My favorite car at the show was the Porsche Turbo. Would have driven one home, but at $140,000 it put my MasterCard over limit. The card was declined. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Comment

The crossfire is a SLK MERCEDIES chassis. But 15.000
          less and Interior is made at same factory. I know Todd Fisher Debbie Renyolds Son bought a toyota all electric car by toyota and after all rebates it was less than 20,000. It's a 40,000 car.

Comment

i will never own another chrysler period.
            ask me about my two junkers.
            that honda car;saw one in northern ky. when first came out,it has amazing amount of power.you would be surprized.

Comment

Working...
            X