Gilligan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gilligan!

I guess ol' Bob Denver died last Friday....almost went unnoticed due to Katrina!

I lift a glass to the memories of one of my favorite television characters!
    And a great person!

I guess ol' Bob Denver died last Friday....almost went unnoticed due to Katrina!

I lift a glass to the memories of one of my favorite television characters!
    And a great person!

Comment

I didn't even here that he died. Maybe it was due to Katrina and all of the news. When I was growing up, that was one of my favorite shows. I also tip my had to Mr. Denver. RIP.

Comment

I used to watch "Gilligan's Island" when I was in grade school (one of the local UHF channels aired two repeats a day), and found it to be worthwhile. We'll miss you, lil' buddy.

Stuart

Comment

Of course you would never want to be ship-wrecked with Gilligan, because he always fouled up everyone's attempt to return to Hawaii, but then again... that would mean that Mary Ann and I would have been together on the island longer.

Three cheers for Gilligan! A toast to Maynard G. Krebs and a tip of the hat to Bob Denver who played both these characters and made me laugh again and again.

Comment

Bob Denver didn't die. He just set sail for that perfect desert island.

Bob S.

Comment

I was going to say "I'll miss you,Lil' Buddy". But with reruns still going (and going) that doesn't sound right.

I guess I'll just get out the bongos and cringe at the sound of a four-letter word...WORK.

A few years back I was the "crew" on my attorney's yacht, a 33 foot sailboat. One day, as we were preparing to launch, I started to hum out a tune. Only after we were out on Lake Michigan did Charlie realize that I was humming the theme from Gilligan.

Comment

Hey Trailscout, is that a pot leaf on Gilligan's shirt??? No wonder he was so goofy . . .

Seriously though, I grew up with Gilligan and the rest of the bunch by way of reruns on TBS. So in a way, I guess a piece of me has died as well.

However, the best way to look at it is to reflect upon what the show and Bob Denver gave me as a kid . . . a sense of humor, my very first impression of Hawaii and tropical islands, perhaps even the early beginnings of my questioning societal norms.

He will indeed be missed.

Comment

Those of us who grew up in the early 1960's probably all spent Saturday evenings (from September 1964-1965) watching the first-run episodes of Gilligans Island.

Whether it was as Maynard G. Krebs on "the Many Loves of Dobie Gillis" or as the hapless 1st Mate Gilligan on "Gilligan's Island," Bob Denver brought laughter to the TV viewers of the early 1960's.

I haven't heard about Bob Denver's death, so I'm still holding onto the hope that this story is just a sea story.

Comment

I grew up watching Gilligands Isle every chance I got and will still watch it today when I find it on. I always hoped he and Mary Anne would find each other and get together, but that probaly would have fouled up everything. Loved the show, and gilligan made it what it was.
                    Nudeinbama

Comment

Trivia question:

What did the "G." stand for in "Maynard G. Krebs"?

Comment

I shall wear my white hat today in memory.

Comment

was it Gilligan?

Comment

Gilligan's Island opening credits 2nd season (color)
                            http://www.sitcomsonline.com/videocl...igan_clr-1.mpg

ending credits 2nd season (color)
                            http://www.sitcomsonline.com/videocl..._clr_end-1.mpg

Comment

I also grew up watching Gilligans' Island. It's hard to imagine that Bob Denver passed at the age of 70. Somehow, it's hard to imagine Gilligan being 70 years old. But time does go on, and by the magic of television and the running of re-runs, the characters of the past seem to never age. Mr. Denver will truely be missed.

Thanks, Jason, for the links. They appeared when I was typing. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X