New "Official" Declaration of Independence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New "Official" Declaration of Independence

The shrub and company released the new approved and official version of the Declaration of Independence today July fourth.

It reads:

We hold these truths to be self evident, that all White, Heterosexual, Christian, Wealthy, American Men are created equal, that they are endowed by the Christian God with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life and Liberty and the pursuit of Security through military might.
    --
    That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Supreme Courts deriving their just powers from the President and Vice President.
    --
    That whenever any form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to try and alter or abolish it, and to try to initiate new Government, not that it would work, but they can try all they want.

The thing is this is no joke. It is the mentality of the cabal.

Time for a new Declaration:

A Renewed Declaration of Independence
      July 4, 2007.
      By the People of United States of America:

When in the Course of American History, it becomes clear that the powers of the few have once again become out of balance with the checks meant to right them, it is the duty of the citizens of The United States of America to remind those in power of their equal station with the people, and that it is the founding principle of this Nation, that we all must consent to the practice of the powers handed down to them by her people, or that power shall be taken away. It is with this then that we remind the current administration of its long list of abuses, and demand that it turns over its power immediately to the people.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Us, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown, that humankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of this Nation, and yes to the extent that it is true, the whole world; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the current Administration of the United States is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

-- It was appointed to office amidst strong foul stank of election fraud
      -- It has repeatedly, and without remorse appointed unqualified cronies to offices of sensitive National Security
      -- It has conspired to deny the American People their Rights which have been defended by Blood and Bills since the inception of this Constitutional Democracy
      -- It has prized the excesses and wealth of its friends over the decent and moral possible course of action
      -- It has engaged in unprovoked and illegal military actions under the guise of security, the true object of which being greed and profit
      -- It has rejected science and reason, and substituted with doubt and fear
      -- It has neglected the future, and instead focused on short sighted political and personal gain
      -- It has undermined the morality of our democratic society with torture, secret overseas prisons, and criminalized opposing political protest
      -- It has desecrated the separation of church and state for political and personal gains
      -- It has demonstrated its willing ineptitude during events of massive National Crisis
      -- It has corrupted, to the extent it is able, the Free Press of this Nation
      -- It has demonstrated its willingness to mislead the national debate, and operate in duplicitous secrecy, and impede the discovery of the truth
      -- It has subverted the checks and balances upon its offices
      -- It has perverted the concept of non-dynastic leadership
      -- It has defrauded its power by selling it to corporate and otherwise anti-democratic interests
      -- It has misused the treasure and children of this Nation as tools for the gain of themselves and constituency
      -- It has irreparably damaged the psyche of this Nation, and has created many new enemies and haters of Our Country, worldwide
      -- It has failed to protect the weak
      -- It has failed to provide for the sick and dying
      -- It has consolidated its power in ways that go against the principles of Our Constitution

Throughout these outrages, we have watched as time and again the congress, the courts, and the press lie down and pass their responsibility off, hoping some mythical next level would stand up for what is right, each fearing the repercussions of what may happen if they did their civil duty. This is the mark of a system that has failed. What they have failed to recall was the repercussions of what would happen if they did not execute their civil duty. The first of which being Tyranny, plundering our democracy, sedating our intelligence, and leading to chaos in the face of Global Climate and Civil disasters. Such a governance shall not be allowed amongst free people.

We, therefore, the People and Representatives of the United States of America, in Peaceful Assembly, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of this land, solemnly publish and declare, That these United States are, and of Right ought to be Free from the Tyrannical and generally Inept Leadership of the Current Administration. And that immediately and without further harm on this Nation, George W. Bush, Richard Cheney, and all of their appointees and officers are hereby ordered to vacate their offices, and relinquish any claims to power or authority of those offices.

Sincerely the Undersigned[/list]

Mark

Comment

Great read, Mark! My signature is there!

If only..........

Comment

Sign me up, I'll be heading back to the cabin for my arms and to tell the woman and kids so long.

Comment

Wow this is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. For a minute I thought I was on CNN,NBC,CBS,MSNBC, and the New York Times web site at the same time.

Comment

I think we found us a Tory!

Comment

Originally posted by closetnudist:
              Wow this is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. For a minute I thought I was on CNN,NBC,CBS,MSNBC, and the New York Times web site at the same time.
              I saw conservatives writing even worse things about Bill Clinton and wanting him out of office. Now we see the flip side.

Comment

Where can I put my "John Hancock?"

Comment

Originally posted by texasjoe:
                  Where can I put my "John Hancock?"
                  You can sign the online petition HERE or add to the comments here.

Comment

Very clever. Thanks for posting it, Mark. To give credit where it's due, the "new" declaration was written by 'kingotho' (aka Otho Thundercleese) on
                    http://www.buffaloreadings.com on May 28, 2007.

Is that your nom de plume, or was it written by someone who looks a bit like you?

Comment

Very clever. Thanks for posting it, Mark. To give credit where it's due, the "new" declaration was written by 'kingotho' (aka Otho Thundercleese) on
                      http://www.buffaloreadings.com
                      on May 28. 2007.
                      That is correct, you'll note that I link to his original post at the very beginning of my post:
                      Time for a new Declaration
                      And he is given author credit on the Petition page - as is Thomas Jefferson.

-Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Naturist Mark:
                        I think we found us a Tory!
                        Hold on, I'll get the tar & feathers and rail.

Comment

This is the problem with you libs. You want to call me a tory well fine. You want to tar and feather me fine. I understand, truth be told you couldn't debate me for 5 minutes in the arena of ideas. I don't attack you on your posts but someone with different views comes on and you all jump on him. If you want to go line by line on your little declaration, bring it!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by closetnudist:
                            This is the problem with you libs. You want to call me a tory well fine. You want to tar and feather me fine. I understand, truth be told you couldn't debate me for 5 minutes in the arena of ideas. I don't attack you on your posts but someone with different views comes on and you all jump on him. If you want to go line by line on your little declaration, bring it!!!!
                            At the risk of starting something, may I ask how you can still support Bush and his beliefs?

Comment

This is a brilliant new declaration. I hope that things start to shift to a more reasonable, democracy for you guys. I think the whole recent events with Libby speaks volumes about ideology in Washington. It is time for a change. I'd also like to see the tendency to drop the name calling of lib vs conservative etc. It serves no useful purpose other than to build walls and polarize.

Comment

Working...
                              X