• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NoodJuggler
    Bronze Member
    • Nov 2002

Nude Protesters

Hello everyone. I would like some opinions on this question. There are a lot of protests going on in protest of the United States' involvement in Iraq. One example is found in the miscellaneous forum dealing with the protest in Central park. Here is the link Protest If you notice, the protesters are all Women, the majority of the ones protesting are usually always women, why would this be? there are some protests going on in Saint Petersburg, Florida also and 90% are women. I am not saying that men do not protest nude. But yet at Clothesfree.com the majority of the members are Men? Why would this be? Why are the Women more willing to take their clothes off and protest? Is it because the Men are more likely to get arrested? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] Or is it because society expects that a man would do something like that and not a Woman?
  • NoodJuggler
    Bronze Member
    • Nov 2002

Hello everyone. I would like some opinions on this question. There are a lot of protests going on in protest of the United States' involvement in Iraq. One example is found in the miscellaneous forum dealing with the protest in Central park. Here is the link Protest If you notice, the protesters are all Women, the majority of the ones protesting are usually always women, why would this be? there are some protests going on in Saint Petersburg, Florida also and 90% are women. I am not saying that men do not protest nude. But yet at Clothesfree.com the majority of the members are Men? Why would this be? Why are the Women more willing to take their clothes off and protest? Is it because the Men are more likely to get arrested? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] Or is it because society expects that a man would do something like that and not a Woman?

Comment

• rainy city mike
      • Feb 2003

Protest
      [/qb][/QUOTE]Interesting point Keith, on the news this morning
      was a story about the Nude Women protest in Australia. Also no men. Something to think about and find an answer [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Comment

• wannabenaked2001
        Bronze Member
        • Jun 2002
        • "Be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Just a thought, but maybe "men" are more supportive of military action against Iraq.

Comment

• wannabenaked2001
          Bronze Member
          • Jun 2002
          • "Be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

I really have no idea what the answer is to your question, but consider this:

Maybe the groups of women in question are not nudists and do not wish to engage in mixed gender nudity. This is simply their way of getting the most attention for their cause. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

• toofeelgood
            Bronze Member
            • Jul 2002

I'm a nudist that supports the presidents policy on Iraq. Yes I prefer peace, if Sadamm wishes for peace then he needs to bring forward the the weapons or proof of their distruction. This is what the UN resolution says to do. It is not up to the inspectors to find anything. We need to have a support bush nudist rally!

Comment

• Nude in the North
              Silver Member
              • Nov 2002
              • "Life is what happens, while your busy making other plans".
                John Lennon

I like the sound of that.
              "Support Bush Nudist Rally"

It could make for some interesting Headlines.

I might even stop shaving for awhile to show my support for "Bush".

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Steve

Comment

• Suntied
                Bronze Member
                • Feb 2003

quote:
                Originally posted by Keithmj:
                the majority of the ones protesting are usually always women, why would this be? there are some protests going on in Saint Petersburg, Florida also and 90% are women. I am not saying that men do not protest nude. ]
                Why protest Keithmj,

Have we all forgotten about the people that now miss there loved ones that are no longer here because of the ignorant acts of ignorant bone-heads like sad-*** Insain (did I spell that wrong)

Suport Rallies!!! great idea... but you won't get any press because the press would veiw that as positive.
                People don't want to hear about good things on the news... that would be silly. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

As for Bush... let him work. I remember how he ran this country on 9/11/01 and I will give him the OK to continue his quest to keep us semi-free as we have been since 1776! There... I knew that date by heart SCOTTnc [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] (another joke)

Somebody has to take control of this situation... if the UN wount do it then US should! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

• Cookie Monster
                  • Feb 2003
                  • It doesn't matter what's on the outside, its what's on the inside that counts, so lets get nekid and start getting along.

I seem to recall, unfortionatly I do not remember where, reading a story about an all female protest. The lady that started it said that they were against the war etc... and they (the women)were using slogans like "Bush against Bush" I belive that I read it either from the INA home page or possibly something that cindianne posted. On the other hand I just found an article on the INA home page titled protesters peel for peace on beach. This article is about men protesting. I just glanced over it so if I am supplying the wrong information I am sorry and as punishment I must wear clothes for a day [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
                  Have a nice day everyone

Comment

• rainy city mike
                    • Feb 2003

I think we got side tracked from the original question. For which I have no answer. But the comment about supporting Bush because the UN would not is very dangerous. I agree Sadam must go but why now? Why should the US do this alone? There was no hurry in the last 12 years there should not be any now. Bush does not rule the world and the US is not the police force of the world

Comment

• florida-david
                      Bronze Member
                      • Dec 2002
                      • peace, love one another, have nude fun

wow, were did the time go!

bush needs to do it now because american fear is high right now, and when that goes, he will no longer have the support for war. also, the republicans like war, it hides the fact that they have spent ALLL the money in reserve and more. our economy better recover after bush's various wars, or we will all be living in the jungle with no homes. at least we will be naked then cause we can't afford the clothes [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

• greensunshine
                        Bronze Member
                        • Dec 2001
                        • Greetings from beautiful Phoenix...
                          Land where there are 2 seasons: Hot and Hotter...
                          And oh I forgot, no rain...and no beach either...

I have to admit I am not in favor of war, but on the other hand I am less in favor of what could begin to take place in this country and others that are currently (many aren't the prime target [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] )

If means taking some kind of action to protect our nation and other's nearby...let's not forget our neighbors to the north (Canada) and south (Mexico)...then what is our purpose of attempting to prevent another 9-11 (this could have been prevented many years before such as the first time the World Trade Centers were attacked)...least we not forget about all those who have died and lived to serve as heros to all of our nations...9-11 affected everyone then and still does now.

Bush and others (lets give credit to the other nations that too have had enough) are finally calling Iraqs bluff in attempting to hold him accountable for something that is long overdue.

No matter what the outcome, war is something I really feel will not be prevented at some time in my life regarding the terrible wrongs that have occured to both genders (especially women - they have minimal rights if at best in the middle east and other non North American countries) ...I feel very blessed to live in this country and to be able to defend it in some way, whether it on the battle lines or as a parent or a friend or a neighbor or even throught internet with someone.

Freedom is a wonderful blessing/right [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] and yet many in the world have never experienced it in the ways that minority of this world has...and I getting Damn tired of some moron telling me I shouldn't want to share one of the basics rights that few of us are given to begin with, with the rest of the world...

Now explain to me how 1 + 1 can only equal 1 and not 2 as I was taught otherwise in school...the first 1, referring to me and the second 1, referring to you (or the other nations that will never experience freedom without our help)...this total should equal 2, but for many that total remains just 1...just you and no one else in this equation will always refer to either us or them but not a collective 2, referring to everyone that has been impacted since or before 9-11...may we always remember their sacrafice for all of those who are free [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Greensunshine with her flag waving proudly in the background

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by florida-david:
                          [qb]bush needs to do it now because american fear is high right now, and when that goes, he will no longer have the support for war. also, the republicans like war, it hides the fact that they have spent ALLL the money in reserve and more. our economy better recover after bush's various wars, or we will all be living in the jungle with no homes. at least we will be naked then cause we can't afford the clothes [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [/qb]
                          The fear is high now because Bush made it that way with his speaches, his Alert system and his Attorney General trying his best to take away the freedoms we have. Pay attention folks.... the RRR is using Hussein to undermine the US in any way it can.

Comment

• rainy city mike
                            • Feb 2003

Thank you Florida David.

You have answered this question perfectly.

Thanks

Comment

• AussieBeachBoy
                              Bronze Member
                              • Feb 2003

I can't speak for all the protests, however:

The female nude protest at Byron Bay in Australia a few weeks ago was part of an annual female nude event. It was the attendees at this event who decided to protest in this manner.

In the weekend just past, a substantial group of men in Byron Bay carried out a similar nude protest, demonstrating that it's not just women who engage in this sort of activity.

Comment

Working...
                              X