New Trend sloshing across the nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Trend sloshing across the nation

I stumbled across this web site while doing research for another thread. According to the wackywet web site, it is trendy to swim fully clothed.

From the FAQ web page:

"We are actually in the Majority?

Well, maybe not where you live. But worldwide, people normally swim in clothes. Think of India with more population than Europe, Australia and USA combined. Think of Latin America or Africa. How about Southeast Asia, again with a population the size of Europe. You'd be frowned upon there if you go swimming in your skimpy shorts or briefs. It's offensive to them, indecent. There are more people on this planet swimming in clothes than without.

Swimming in Clothes is only Logical

What we're doing is not weird or crazy. It is the intelligent response to environmental challenges. We spend more time outdoors than people did 50 or a 100 years ago whilst the protective ozone layer of our atmosphere is thinning. We have to protect ourselves, especially near water where reflections almost double the UV exposure from the sun's rays. Swimming in clothes is the logical thing to do. "
    Comments??

I stumbled across this web site while doing research for another thread. According to the wackywet web site, it is trendy to swim fully clothed.

quote:

From the FAQ web page:

"We are actually in the Majority?

Well, maybe not where you live. But worldwide, people normally swim in clothes. Think of India with more population than Europe, Australia and USA combined. Think of Latin America or Africa. How about Southeast Asia, again with a population the size of Europe. You'd be frowned upon there if you go swimming in your skimpy shorts or briefs. It's offensive to them, indecent. There are more people on this planet swimming in clothes than without.

What we're doing is not weird or crazy. It is the intelligent response to environmental challenges. We spend more time outdoors than people did 50 or a 100 years ago whilst the protective ozone layer of our atmosphere is thinning. We have to protect ourselves, especially near water where reflections almost double the UV exposure from the sun's rays. Swimming in clothes is the logical thing to do. "

Comments??

Comment

quote:
      We spend more time outdoors than people did 50 or a 100 years ago

NOT! 50-100 years ago we were a largely agrarian society. Most of the population were farmers and there was very little automation in those days. It was mostly manual labor, literally sun up to sun down in the fields.

quote:
      "We have to protect ourselves, especially near water where reflections almost double the UV exposure from the sun's rays. Swimming in clothes is the logical thing to do. "

I guess that would account for the large size of bathing costumes these days. By the way just how many square inches of fabric is in a typical bathing suit now a days? 2-3? Two words my friend, SUN SCREEN! Preferably SPF 15 or higher.

Comment

quote:
        Exactly what version of logic is that - perhaps the kind that prefers drowning?
        quote:
        We spend more time outdoors than people did 50 or a 100 years ago
        What planet are they referring to? Obviously not Earth

Comment

Yuck! I can't even imagine that!

Thank goodness for SPF!!! There is no need to cover up to that extent anymore.

And what about coming out of the water with those soggy, heavy clothes. No thanks.

Comment

not for me!

Comment

I like my freedom, I will pass thank you.

Comment

LOL, that quote sounded like it could have been written by good old StuNumbers, our former resident prude.

-Mark

Comment

Swimming in clothes is for the birds, but even those British gals have seen the light haven't they.

Comment

I live near Puget Sound, in Wa. state and we have many waterbirds. They do not wear clothes! They swim in their feathers!

Comment

Working...
                    X