our president

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• our president

just need your opinion.while our troops were getting killed today.bush was at a baseball game.in my opinion he should be in the white house,untill the war is over.after all,he did start it.what do you think.

just need your opinion.while our troops were getting killed today.bush was at a baseball game.in my opinion he should be in the white house,untill the war is over.after all,he did start it.what do you think.

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by sw2sweendog:

He might be watching the game on Telly in the Whitehouse. Would you unplug that too?

Comment

As someone that served in both Viet Nam and Desert Shield/Storm, I would not want folks in this country to put their lives on hold while I was serving.
        If I was in Irag during this mess I would not begrudge the President a baseball game anymore than I would begrudge you a day at a nude beach.

Comment

Oh no, here we go again. This thread is going to attract the Bush Bashers.

Getting back on topic, I see nothing wrong with the President attending a baseball game. One thing I can commend the President is that he has not been on a lot of foreign trips, not like the past Presidents.

In my opinion, I believe we are doing a great job overseas. The daily papers make it sound like we are losing the war, but we are getting to the 'inner circle' of Al Queda. We have not broken them yet, but we have put a hurt on them.

They are beginning to feel the pressure the coalations' success'. Just my opinion.

The President should not have to stop his personal life JUST to stay in the White House and keep a close eye on the wars' progess. But be assured, should anything come up while he is attending an event, he does have access to national emergencies. Even though he is not 'at home', his entourage is close by to pass on any information that may come up.

Comment

The troops get to have periodic breaks from their jobs just like anyone else. The President should get to take a break also. I do not agree with your opinion at all.

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by nudeM:
              Oh no, here we go again. This thread is going to attract the Bush Bashers.

Getting back on topic, I see nothing wrong with the President attending a baseball game. One thing I can commend the President is that he has not been on a lot of foreign trips, not like the past Presidents.

In my opinion, I believe we are doing a great job overseas. The daily papers make it sound like we are losing the war, but we are getting to the 'inner circle' of Al Queda. We have not broken them yet, but we have put a hurt on them.

They are beginning to feel the pressure the coalations' success'. Just my opinion.

The President should not have to stop his personal life JUST to stay in the White House and keep a close eye on the wars' progess. But be assured, should anything come up while he is attending an event, he does have access to national emergencies. Even though he is not 'at home', his entourage is close by to pass on any information that may come up.

------------------------------------------------
              My opinion of the president is so low that it could not be expressed here. But, that doesn't mean that he shouldn't attend a baseball game or a state dinner. Presidents declare war but don't have to go fight them. Perhaps if they did, then we wouldn't go to war so frequently.

I don't know if you are talking about the war in Afghan. or Iraq. If you are talking about Iran then the war on Al-Quida isn't part of the equation. They weren't there before our invasion. If they are there now it's because of the vacumn that we created.

You are happy that the President isn't taking too many foreign trips and I see that as being indicative of his not getting along with foreign leaders. I'd much prefer a President that played well with others--open communication, mutual respect, and acceptance will do more for world peace then arrogance and isolationism.

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by nudeM:
                Even though he is not 'at home', his entourage is close by to pass on any information that may come up.

LOL! And when they pass on that information to him will he continue watching the game for 10 minutes before doing anything? Like when he was informed of 9/11 and continued reading a children's book?

To answer your original question of the topic, I don't give a crap about the baseball game or anything he does anymore. I think he's a scumbag and I have never hated a human being more. I could go on for hours listing the things I detest about that pathetic attempt at a man, but I'd rather go out and enjoy the sun and trees and fresh air we have left no thanks to him.

And wait what war are we talking about? I thought I heard something about "Mission Accomplished..."

And the above is of course, IMHO, not truth. Have a nice day!

Comment

Going to a baseball game is sometimes the job of a president. (Although if I was president I'd be going to a hockey game. Actually I'd make the NHL end the crap going on and get a season going. )

Presidents are supposed to be visible that way, and I find nothing wrong with him going to the game. If he did it every week that would be something else though.

Qikdraw

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by Tara:

LOL! And when they pass on that information to him will he continue watching the game for 10 minutes before doing anything? Like when he was informed of 9/11 and continued reading a children's book?

To answer your original question of the topic, I don't give a crap about the baseball game or anything he does anymore. I think he's a scumbag and I have never hated a human being more. I could go on for hours listing the things I detest about that pathetic attempt at a man, but I'd rather go out and enjoy the sun and trees and fresh air we have left no thanks to him.

And wait what war are we talking about? I thought I heard something about "Mission Accomplished..."

And the above is of course, IMHO, not truth. Have a nice day!

------------------------------------------------

Tara, I think this post may disqualify us from being invited to the White House to celebrate Nude Recreation Week with the first family. Just a hunch I have girl.

Comment

Tara, be thankful you didn't live in Texas while he was governor. I thought, after his performance at the state level, who would elect him prez? The world is full of surprises.

Comment

i remember people saying invading iraq will be a cake walk. Just how long is a cake walk anyways?

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by WacoTX:
                          Tara, be thankful you didn't live in Texas while he was governor. I thought, after his performance at the state level, who would elect him prez? The world is full of surprises.
                          Perhaps they were just trying to get im OUT of Texas.

Comment

Maybe it's the topic or maybe it's my current sentiments about bush, but I had to share this joke I got the other day.

Three Doctors

Three Doctors were playing golf together and discussing surgeries they had performed.

The first one said, "I'm the best surgeon in Texas. A concert pianist lost 7 fingers in an accident, I reattached them, and 8 months later he performed a private concert for the Queen of England."

The second doctor said, "That's nothing. A young man lost both arms and legs in an accident, I reattached them, and 2 years later he won a gold medal in field events in the olympics."

The third surgeon said, "You guys are amateurs. Several years ago a cowboy who was high on cocaine and alcohol rode a horse head-on into a train traveling 80 miles an hour. All I had left to work with was the horse's *** and a cowboy hat and damn if he didn't become president of the USA.

Comment

Maybe if the President spent more time at baseball games, the U.S. would be doing better in Iraq.

Comment

Working...
                              X