Blasting U.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blasting U.S.

I've been to a few forums recently and I see alot of topics constantly bickering about the U.S. Has everyone forgotten how great our country is? So not every one of our beaches is CO, so what? That is ONE thing. Our contry is conservative, but its a STAGE. since the birth of our country, we've seen fads come and go. This conservative era is a FAD. I'm sure the millions of soilders who fought for your naturist beaches in europe would be pleased to hear you whining about how theres not enough. I'm not saying there shouldn't be more, but I feel like the U.S. is being a little underappreciated.

I've been to a few forums recently and I see alot of topics constantly bickering about the U.S. Has everyone forgotten how great our country is? So not every one of our beaches is CO, so what? That is ONE thing. Our contry is conservative, but its a STAGE. since the birth of our country, we've seen fads come and go. This conservative era is a FAD. I'm sure the millions of soilders who fought for your naturist beaches in europe would be pleased to hear you whining about how theres not enough. I'm not saying there shouldn't be more, but I feel like the U.S. is being a little underappreciated.

Comment

Amen to that one. If you don't believe it just travel a little around this big old world. There are some truely wonderful other places to see and lots of good people to meet. But, all things considered, I don't think I would rather live anywhere else. I keep saying similar things, we are so determined to divide ourselves over stupid crap. When taken as a whole we have far more to be proud of than to be ashamed of. It is almost like we are trying to put ourselves down. We are our own worst enemies.

Comment

ditto to both.

Comment

The U.S. is the best country in the world right now. Or so many people wouldn't be trying to get in, legally or illegally. But, our society has gotten to not take the care to keep active in it's upkeep by voting. So, a few laws have been passed that are not popular. Criminals are not justly punished for their crimes, and victims are not protected properly from criminals. But, we have to be willing to look at works for other countries. Things like depending on mass transportation and bicycles rather than air polluting vehicles.
          We do have the right to point out what we believe is wrong with our country and this is something you can't do in a lot of other countries without fear of some sort of backlash, like prison or "disapearence".

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by nudistmatt:
            I've been to a few forums recently and I see alot of topics constantly bickering about the U.S. Has everyone forgotten how great oue country is? So not every one of our beaches is CO, so what? That is ONE thing. Our contry is conservative, but its a STAGE. .

Perhaps being conservative and it's greatness go together

Comment

This reminds me of the early '70's. Pres Nixon, trying to deflect attention from Viet Nam and Watergate, on several occations said "Let's stand up and say what's right with America!"

Well, the greatest thing that's right with the U S of A is we can all stand up and say, supposidly without fear of reprisal, exactly what we think is wrong with America.

Only with an open meeting of differances, without poisoning the well or trying to make someone out to be "un-patriotic" solely because they don't see eye-to-eye with you. It's only then do we truely move 'forward'.

Comment

Remember the phrase agree to disagree? Or how about, I don't agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it? That is what make us great for sure. When one side loses the election they don't have to worry about being rounded up and put into camps, or political reeduction centers, or being executed, etc.

I just think we are getting way to polarized in our positions sometimes. We have way more in common with each other than that which seperates us. I also think the extremists on both ends are trying to play the American public against each other in order to further their own agenda. If we spend all our time distracted, fighting amongst ourselves, they can go on with business as usual.

Comment

Hi Matt. Perhaps its a bit like Australia - the countries great but it's the POLITITIONS that we want to BLAST

JAMES
                  WARNING: SENIOR CITIZEN POSTER

Comment

The USA has always answered the call to defend the freedom of others...because...its the right thing to do...and usually without being appreciated for it...oh how quickly THEY forget...oui,oui

Comment

Fred950 is on the right track. I love America but there are aspects within the U.S. that are awful and some politicians are despicable. I have to whole heartedly agree with what Bill Clinton, our greatest president said. "There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be fixed by what is right with America". We're a mixed bag but with a lot more good than bad.

Comment

I do not consider Bill Clinton to be a great President.

Of course there are others who disagree.

This time, I won't go on about the respect that I have for those who disagree with me.

I will, however, state that it is great that we have the freedom, whether right, left or just plain wrong, to express our views.

In my travels, I have never found any country that is as great as our USofA!

Let's never forget this!

And if anyone even suggests that we conform to any other country, let's all speak up in one all-American voice and say, FORGET IT!!!

This is our country, the US...not the UN.

Comment

This is exactly the kind of "american" way of thinking that scares me...

"America's the best, f^%$ the rest!" Right P.J?

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by Nudony:
                            This is exactly the kind of "american" way of thinking that scares me...

"America's the best, f^%$ the rest!" Right P.J?

Amen to that Nudony. People like P.J. and Nudistmatt scare bloody hell out of me. America is not the greatest country in world nor is it the worse. Every country/culture is different and we have our strengths and weaknesses. America is great in some ways but not so great in others. Take a look at Europe, esp. countries in the EU. Europe has one of the greatest social welfare systems in world. For ex: working europeans get almost a month worth of vacation time while Americans get 2 weeks; the elderly are taken care of once they retire; people on welfare are not shamed and get enough money to keep their heads above water; low crime; the unemployed do not have to sacrafice an arm and leg to live; the euro is mighty stronger than the dollar.

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by P.J.:
                              I do not consider Bill Clinton to be a great President.

Like many republicans, you just hate to give credit where credit is due. Clinton was damn good president. Economy was VERY strong, everyone had money in their pockets, roof over their head and little extra money to do whatever. P.J., during clinton's days, did you have job and lived comfortably? If so, then you have nothing to complain about. People love to bring up the sex scandal fiasco to bring down Clinton but aside for that scandal, he did good job. Yes, the scandal was wrong and he did wrong by lying and comitting such acts but that alone can not be used to judge the job he dud.

Comment

Working...
                              X