MP3 program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3 program

I'd like to get some input from other users as to which MP3 programs they feel works the best. I have tried Windows Media Player, Itunes, Rhapsody, and Creative Media Source. All have various faults. I'd like to find a program that allows me to organize music in my computer library as well as my ZEN vplus MP3 player. Also, which music store people use. I have purchased and downloaded quite a few songs (from rhapsody), and if I'm using the Creative Media Source Player (which came with my older ZEN), everytime I select a purchased song from the computer to play from the ZEN, it has to check for the license even though I have purchased the song. Any input would be greatful - thanks!

MP3 Programs

I have used "Kaylon's" PowerMarks bookmarks/favorites program for years and CFI uses the same.
    Kaylon also makes a program called "MP3Rat" for sorting, searching and organizing your MP3/WMA files.
    you can download a free trial full version to see how you like it. The link is

www.kaylon.com or http://www.kaylon.com/mp3rat/features.html

ZDnet and Cnet also might have some shareware or free MP3 programs on their download sites.

WinAmp just released a new version of their music jukebox or player.

ZDnet, Cnet, and WinAmp can be found easily in any major search engine by just typing the names.

Comment

Thanks NakedGary. I downloaded the trial version, has some nice features. Unfortunatley, it also doesn't see my mp3 player or recognize the .rax file extension that Rhapsody uses. Uggg - frustrating. The search continues for an all inclusive program. I'll check out the others you mentioned also. Thanks for your reply and help!

Comment

I have a Creative Zen Vision:M and use Media Monkey. It's an excellent music tagging/organizer program. You can download it at http://www.mediamonkey.com

For everything related to Creative players, visit epizenter.net - #1 Fan Site for Creative MP3 Players.

Comment

Originally posted by Davin View Post
          I have a Creative Zen Vision:M and use Media Monkey. It's an excellent music tagging/organizer program. You can download it at http://www.mediamonkey.com

For everything related to Creative players, visit epizenter.net - #1 Fan Site for Creative MP3 Players.

Davin,

Looking at the mediamonkey website, it looks like a useful program. I think I'll download the trial version and give it a try. Do you know if you download the trial version, will it will upgrade to the gold if you purchase it? Thanks for the info - I'll let you know if this solves my problems.

Comment

One word:

WinAmp

(www.winamp.com)

Comment

I used WinAmp for years to rip my CD's and play them on my computer, but when I got a Sansa player I got MediaMonkey because it recognized the player with no tweaking required. Works very well, and yes all you have to do to make it "Gold" is apply the registration code you get when you purchase.

Comment

I agree WinAmp is pretty much bloatware now. It used to be the best. But now much less so.

Comment

Working...
                X