Bonaire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonaire

Spent a week at Sorobon Beach Resort in Bonaire. Better than Club Orient because of the preservation of the natural surroundings.

Spent a week at Sorobon Beach Resort in Bonaire. Better than Club Orient because of the preservation of the natural surroundings.

Comment

Sorobon is fabulous, and very special. Never known a resort so relaxing!

Comment

I'm counting the days to my next visit in mid-March! Paradise.

Comment

I'm heading there in March too (17-24), although I'm not staying at Sorobon I will be visiting it often. Been to Bonaire twice before and try to get as often as I can. Hey Journeyman when are you going to be there?

Ray

Comment

I have never heard any negative comments about Sorobon!!!

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by ScubaRay:
              Hey Journeyman when are you going to be there?
              Ray

Have sent you a PM, ScubaRay.

Comment

quote:
                I have never heard any negative comments about Sorobon!!!

Oh yeah? --> It's too far away! grrrr...

Comment

Is it better than Grand Lido Braco?

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by jax:
                    Is it better than Grand Lido Braco?

That's like asking if London is a better city to visit than Paris!

Braco is all-inclusive, with all the amenities of home and more. Braco has both textile and naturist sections.

Sorobon is rustic but comfortable (no TVs, radios, etc) and it is accommodation only, but nudity is permitted and expected everywhere.

If you like making your own meals (or not, as there is a restaurant there and many others on the island), then Sorobon is fine for you. If you want pampering and one-price-covers-all, then Braco.

Also, Jamaica and Bonaire are two very different island nations. Jamaica has been independent for over 40 years; Bonaire is part of the Netherlands Antilles and is dependent on Holland. Jamaica is lush and tropical; Bonaire is arid and desert-like.

For myself, I find Sorobon is more natural, more "naturist" than the more fabricated (but very comfortable) nudism of Braco. I also don't like being confined to a resort where I don't get the feel for the country I'm in.

Comment

Working...
                    X