Lanzarote -Canary Islands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lanzarote -Canary Islands

I was wondering if anybody has heard of, or has even visited a beach by the name or Papagayo on the Canary Island of Lanzarote?

Set on the southern end of the island in a protected area, this is actualy a chain of beautifully sandy and sheltered beaches, some textile, others (unofficaly) clothing optional.

I have holidayed in the area many times and visited the beach often, but only occasionaly have i gone 'Clothes Free'. In fact one of my first experiences of social nudity and skinnydipping/nude swimming were on this beach.

It would br great to hear from someone who has been to this beach.

I was wondering if anybody has heard of, or has even visited a beach by the name or Papagayo on the Canary Island of Lanzarote?

Set on the southern end of the island in a protected area, this is actualy a chain of beautifully sandy and sheltered beaches, some textile, others (unofficaly) clothing optional.

I have holidayed in the area many times and visited the beach often, but only occasionaly have i gone 'Clothes Free'. In fact one of my first experiences of social nudity and skinnydipping/nude swimming were on this beach.

It would br great to hear from someone who has been to this beach.

Comment

Unfortunately, I've not yet visited, AndyF. I hope to perhaps in 2007 as one of Canada's biggest tour operators is now offering package trips to Lanzarote. I think that may be a first for us here 'on the other side of the pond'.

Can you post some pictures of your beach there?

Comment

Is this not the place where Mr.BEE has been?

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by nakedjohn:
          Is this not the place where Mr.BEE has been?

I think he normally goes to Gran Canaria, not Lanzarote.

Comment

I haven't been to the beach at Papagayo, but I have stayed at the naturist village of CHARCO DEL PALO which also goes by the name of Castillo de Papagayo, or at least part of it does.
            Its a great place where you can walk the streets naked, and there are extensive coastal walks you can do naked, but there are no beaches as such!
            There are terraced sunbathing areas and you can swim in the sea, the salt water pool, or one of the many pools in the village, depending on which resort you stay at.

For something different I would recommend this to our North American cousins.

Pete Knight

Comment

Hi
              My wife and I went to Charco del Palo to visit friends, it was Great.
              We had two days there with them, as we were staying the other end of the island.
              Our friends have just come back, it was their 14th time there.
              I can recommend it.

Free2Bnaked

Comment

Pete or Free2be, I noticed that prices are not given on the website for this place you mention. Can you give me a ballpark figure as to what they'd be per night or per week for a standard apartment?
                thanks!

Comment

Sorry, wish I could help, but I don't have the original costs, and it was a package that included flights, car hire, etc.
                  Try doing a search, there are often privately owned apartments that are rented out, but I'll lokk around for you anyway.

Pete Knight

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by Journeyman:
                    Pete or Free2be, I noticed that prices are not given on the website for this place you mention. Can you give me a ballpark figure as to what they'd be per night or per week for a standard apartment?
                    thanks!

Will send you some details of some privately run apartments, they are A1 all mod cons, very clean too.
                    Free2bnaked

Comment

I spent time in Lanzarote over 15 years ago. The nice thing I remember about the island is that it doesn't get too crowded like other areas.

Comment

I don't have any pictures of Papagayo here, but I thought I would post some pictures of the island for you to see.

Comment

Here's a picture from the beach in Arrecife, the capital city of Lanzarote.

Comment

This is supposedly where the early setlers of the island kept a watch out for invading pirates. Whether that is true or not, it's fun to imagine.

Comment

Hey, nice photos, Swimguy. Makes me want to go there all the more! Next time post them in a photo album so more people can appreciate them.

Comment

Working...
                              X