Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A brief excursion in the Obererweilhart forest in Austria.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A brief excursion in the Obererweilhart forest in Austria.

I drove across the border river Salzach into Austria, and parked at the edge of the Obererweilharter forest. I set off down the major through-forest track from the road junction, stripping completely within 50m or so, and walked in a westerly direction up the wide forest trail, with just my hat and walking boots on. Almost immediately, a runner in red kit approached from ahead. She jogged in and out of the leafy shadows, as she slowly approached me. As she passed I wished her a good day, she smiled and said the same to me.

Alone again, I wandered along the peaceful forest track. Admiring the play of light and dark on the foxglove-like flowers piercing the open areas between the pines, and stretching up to the light above. Although it had been wet, and the forest was damp and moist, the occasional cracking of still dry branches in the woods around me suggested deer or rabbit, perhaps fox or pine marten. From the trees came the sweet chirping of unrecognised birds, sometimes squawks or fast screeches, sounding now as an alarm or warning, now simply as a feathery weather report, perhaps. I crossed one main road, and passed a house in the middle of the trees, and along further lonely forest trails I went, until I reached a kind of quarry where I stopped for a short while to have a bite to eat and a refreshing drink, sitting amongst the dry leaves. Heading back the way I had come, I saw a couple on bicycles, coming towards me. As they approached, the man stopped next to me to ask directions, so the lady with him stopped just behind his cycle as we discussed which way to go. She wore a wide smirk as we parted with friendly waves. I continued up the trail, alone once more, and able to just listen to the forest noises, and admire the many shades and colours of the leaves, without interruption.

Crossing the road again I headed along the more or less straight trail back towards my car, without meeting anyone else. I had been out for perhaps 5 hours of naked walking in the forest, and felt thoroughly reinvigorated. Time to return home and psyche myself into work the following day...

I drove across the border river Salzach into Austria, and parked at the edge of the Obererweilharter forest. I set off down the major through-forest track from the road junction, stripping completely within 50m or so, and walked in a westerly direction up the wide forest trail, with just my hat and walking boots on. Almost immediately, a runner in red kit approached from ahead. She jogged in and out of the leafy shadows, as she slowly approached me. As she passed I wished her a good day, she smiled and said the same to me.

Alone again, I wandered along the peaceful forest track. Admiring the play of light and dark on the foxglove-like flowers piercing the open areas between the pines, and stretching up to the light above. Although it had been wet, and the forest was damp and moist, the occasional cracking of still dry branches in the woods around me suggested deer or rabbit, perhaps fox or pine marten. From the trees came the sweet chirping of unrecognised birds, sometimes squawks or fast screeches, sounding now as an alarm or warning, now simply as a feathery weather report, perhaps. I crossed one main road, and passed a house in the middle of the trees, and along further lonely forest trails I went, until I reached a kind of quarry where I stopped for a short while to have a bite to eat and a refreshing drink, sitting amongst the dry leaves. Heading back the way I had come, I saw a couple on bicycles, coming towards me. As they approached, the man stopped next to me to ask directions, so the lady with him stopped just behind his cycle as we discussed which way to go. She wore a wide smirk as we parted with friendly waves. I continued up the trail, alone once more, and able to just listen to the forest noises, and admire the many shades and colours of the leaves, without interruption.

Crossing the road again I headed along the more or less straight trail back towards my car, without meeting anyone else. I had been out for perhaps 5 hours of naked walking in the forest, and felt thoroughly reinvigorated. Time to return home and psyche myself into work the following day...

Comment

great story. the words are put together so well i felt as tho i was walking with you. glad you didn't have any problems with the few people you met along the way. makes me wonder if i would have such luck.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your outting. Glad you had a wonderful time.
        Nudeinbama

Comment

Glad you had a good time. Thanks for sharing with us.

Your story, as others as well, seems to suggest that while in the backwoods, away from the general public, I have noticed, through the stories, most people are tolerant of a nude hiker. Again, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
          X