Saint Martin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saint Martin

My partner and I are going to Saint Martin in May. We're staying on the Dutch side at Maho Beach. I've seen quite a bit of info about Orient Beach. How is Cupecoy Beach? I read somewhere that there had been some storm damage and erosion problems.

Might also be worthwhile posting your question on TravelTalkOnLine, which has a forum dedicated to St Martin (and also another one on nude beaches). There's also some limited information on Jeff Berger's website.

Comment

I just checked out both sites. They have a ton of information. Thanks for the links.

Comment

I go to St. Maarten every year. Cupocoy is having a condo built literally right on the beach. The beach was very small to start with due to hurrican erosion from several years ago. Now with construction literally going on behind you, it is not very peaceful. There is a gay section several hundred yards down a path that is more secluded, but is mostly rocks. YOU can stil find a good place to lay out though. That section of the island is suddenly being built up with condo's (where before was a large brushy area) so I don't know how nice it will be.

Comment

Check out http://www.orientbeach.com/ as well. There has been some discussion of Cupecoy in the forum at that site as well.

Comment

We where in St Martain last Feb March for 7 nights loved it and want to go back asap. Cupocoy is a mess with construction but Oriant bay was fantastic. There is another Beach can"t remember the name but it was walking distance from our resort Le Flayboyant it is known as the only beach with golden sand. You have to expect the unexpected at this beach cause also refered to as anything goes. But we loved it anyway It's where my picture was taken.

Comment

Had a blast at Orient Beach this year. Great weather, wonderful beach, moderately priced, lots of things to do. Check the avatar.. am I having fun or what?

Comment

We leave for a week on St. Martin on Sunday. I'll give y'all an update when we get back.

Comment

Make sure to visit the "Baywatch" restaurant on Orient Beach (Just a short walk north of the dividing line between the nude and non-nude part of Orient Beach). The ribs are INCREDIBLE!! My wife loved the buffalo chicken sandwich. The owner moved down from New Jersey and has a great sense of humor.

And if you like a nice, romantic, beach-side, Italian restaurant, make sure to reserve a table at sunset in Pagano's restaurant in Philipsburg. The food is incredible and the staff were some of the friendliest and most attentive on the island.

Have a great time. Wish we were going instead of you (no offense ).

Stay nude!

bg

Comment

Had a great time on St. Maarten. We stayed at the Royal Islander Club, just across the road from the airport, and 5 minutes from Cupecoy. Went to a beach everyday, and never had to wear trunks. We hit Orient Bay Beach twice, Grand Saline on St. Barth's, and Cupecoy 3 or 4 times.

Comment

Our countdown continues!

23 days to take off..........24 days and we'll be on the beach at Club O sucking down a cold one with our naked bodies sunnin' and our toes in the sand!

Comment

FireProf - Hope you give us a long report of your trip when you get back with your brown bottoms.

My wife and I have booked our first trip to Club O for 2 weeks next January. I just hope that we like it as much as we do Sorobon.

Sorobon is difficult to get to, over-priced but has a charm that makes up for everything else. Each time we go I tell myself that I am not going to spend so much on another vacation like this again. - Two weeks after we are home I'm checking the flights to Bonaire.

Just hope that Club O has the same effect.

Comment

This will be our 5th year in a row to St. Martin and to Club Orient. Each previous time we talked about writing in a journal about the trip, what we did, who we met, what we liked and didn't like and what we'd do differently.

This will be our first trip that we actually do just that. I will post a trip report upon our return. Keep your fingers crossed for us, we will be doing the same. Grandchild #4 is expected anytime and if the baby's late....our trip is off!!

Comment

I agree that Orient Beach is the place to go if you are in St. Martin. My wife and I visited Cupecoy Beach one day during our stay a few years ago and while there is some natural beauty with the wind-carved caves and cliffs, it was not a very relaxing area to be nude. We stayed at the Esmeralda just off Orient Beach and loved it there. There are small pools for each of the many villas that make up the resort. Officially they are not for nude use, but we found that nude swimming in the pools was common, especially at night. With the beautiful Orient Beach just a few steps away and Club Orient at the end of the beach, we had a great time in St. Martin.

Comment

Working...
                            X