Eden Bay, Dominican Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eden Bay, Dominican Republic

Here are a few pics from my trip this month to Eden Bay Resort. The renovations are almost complete and the place looks great! Click the thumbnails to open bigger pics.

The resort is completely clothing optional - you can be nude everywhere 24/7 if you want. The staff are quite outstanding, food is all waiter service rather than buffets, and the rates are all inclusive. Until 15 December, they have a 50% discount offer too! A couple could have a week in an Ocean View Villa, all inclusive, for $150 a night. If that's not value, what is?

Here are a few pics from my trip this month to Eden Bay Resort. The renovations are almost complete and the place looks great! Click the thumbnails to open bigger pics.

The resort is completely clothing optional - you can be nude everywhere 24/7 if you want. The staff are quite outstanding, food is all waiter service rather than buffets, and the rates are all inclusive. Until 15 December, they have a 50% discount offer too! A couple could have a week in an Ocean View Villa, all inclusive, for $150 a night. If that's not value, what is?

Comment

Hi Tiger - Great photos - A question. When my wife and I were there last January we noticed almost all of the ladies dressed with something for evening meal (including my wife) and there were only a few of us men who were naked for dinner. (Damn it I paid big money to get naked and naked I will be!). What was the situation like when you were down there?

Comment

Only about 30 people there at beginning of week, rising to about 55 at end of week. As you know, Eden Bay promotes "theme nights" in the restaurant for dinner. Some of these were more popular than others, ie some nights there could be 75% of people wearing something, other nights maybe only 25%. Generally, ladies were more likely to wear something than men. I find it much easier to wear/carry a light sarong/wrap than to lug a big towel everywhere. Halloween was in the week, and virtually everyone wore some kind of costume that night. After dinner each night, there was entertainment and items of clothing often got discarded; then even later as people drifted off to hot tubs and beach bar the situation changed again.

Comment

Tiger,

Thank you for sharing your pictures and experience. What a Paradise!

Dee

Comment

Tiger - Is there wireless internet available and if so does it work in the rental units? When we were there last you had to go into lobby to get emails.

Comment

Beautiful beach & grounds.
              The pool looks a lot like the large pool at Caliente.[

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by Fuzzy Nuts:
                Tiger - Is there wireless internet available and if so does it work in the rental units? When we were there last you had to go into lobby to get emails.
                Yes, I understand wifi is now available throughout the resort. I certainly saw some antennae around. Didn't try it myself as I didn't take my computer with me. There's also a computer for guests' use in the television room.

Comment

Eden Bay Resort Newsletter www.edenbay.com/tides.htm

Eden Bay Resort and Caliente Resort work together to share knowledge and expertise across the 2 properties, numerous trips made from Tampa include Bill Baldwin (Owner), Phil Raimondi (F & B Director), Deb Bowen (Marketing Director), Steve Minotakis (CFO) and very soon Orlando Caliente's Executive Chef himself.

Comment

The wireless Internet is available everywhere. There is one antenna on the "hacienda" (main building), I think one on the first of the two hotel buildings and a third on on of the villas down by the beach bar. The former webmaster for the site was always working down at the beach bar when I was there in mid-October. The speed I was told is 1MB but is supposed to be upgraded to a 5MB rate. For those without computers, there is a PC in the TV room hooked into the net - it also uses a standard US code page (instead of Spanish) so all the special characters are where you expect them!

About dress or the lack of it. I will agree with all the other posters that most of the ladies wore a pareo or a sarong to dinner. Many of the men also wore shorts. I was there in mid-October and there were about 5 or 6 of us men (out of about 40 guests total) who were nude 24/7. Nothing was said to any of us. I specific ally contacted the resort to see if there had been any change in policy and was told that there wasn't. You can be nude anywhere, anytime. For those who went on Mike's power walk, you can still walk out beyond the generator building and on the other side out to Casa Grande nude. What you wear or don't wear is up to you.

Comment

Half off all rates now until December 15th bookings www.edenbay.com

While Eden Bay Resort & Spa may have the reputation of being laid back and very tranquil, it also offers a lively and spicy nightlife, exciting activities, and a world class restaurant.

On our private white sand beach where you can enjoy lively playful days and erotic romantic nights.

So, whether you're looking to party, relax or explore, the Eden Bay Resort & Spa has what you are looking for.

Comment

It is a great resort. Wife and I were there last year for 2 weeks and returning this year for another 2 weeks.

Only regret is that Caliente the owner keeps pushing the theme nights . i know they are certainly not compulsary but the guest kind of feels a bit obligated especially when one checks into room and in the folder of hotel features in each room it describes the fancy dress themes for each night.

Come on you people. We pay extra money to be naked and we are all naked all day until the evening meal. I know it is a C/O resort but lets not push the clothing bit!!!! Just because we are owned by Caliente we do not need to be Caliente2.

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by Jason Lee:

any idea when Eden Bay Resort renovations will be finished ?

I was there a week ago and there was still a lot of work ongoing, both in the villas and in the main Seacliff rooms. The pace is fairly "relaxed", so I'd imagine it will be at least Christmas before they're anywhere near finished. Although there are workmen around, they don't really affect the guests' enjoyment of the place.

Comment

I'm a bit confused (a normal thing). When in the year is the best time to visit Eden Bay? I like warmth, sun and definitely no hurricanes.

How about transportation from the airport to the resort? What is the natives' view of such visitors as we? It sounds like a great place to visit.

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by Liam:
                              When in the year is the best time to visit Eden Bay? How about transportation from the airport to the resort? What is the natives' view of such visitors as we?

When I was there, I asked some of the hotel staff which part of the year was best for weather. They seem to prefer Feb/Mar/Apr, when they say it's pleasantly warm and not too windy. If you look at the excellent Weather Underground site ( http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...cast?query=pop ) and go to the "History & Almanac" section, you can see historical weather charts, month by month.

If you give the resort your flight details when you book, they'll arrange a free taxi to collect you from the airport. It's usually a minibus-type vehicle and the resort sends a coolbox with complimentary beer, coke & water for your journey. Although it's only about 30 miles, the trip takes 1.5 to 2 hours because of the dreadful state of some of the roads. The trip takes you through several small towns, and there's a chance to start to understand just how desperately poor the country is.

I honestly don't know what the locals think of visitors. They see us as very rich, obviously, and can't be blamed for trying to take advantage of that sometimes. They see tourism as a source of employment. And they probably realise that tourism ought to be a major contribution to their economy (although I doubt that much of the tourist dollar actually stays in the country).

Comment

Working...
                              X