Hidden Beach Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden Beach Mexico

I just read a positive revue in my local paper about Hidden Beach Resort in Mexico. http://www.hiddenbeachresort.com/
    Nude haven promises luxury -- and proper behavior By LAURENCE ILIFF / The Dallas Morning News
    RIVIERA MAYA, Mexico ? The sun-drenched corridor from Canc?n to Tulum is studded with hotels and resorts that offer much of the same thing: great beaches, tasty food and friendly service. Hidden Beach offers all that without the constraint of clothing.
    The boutique hotel is not just in the nudist niche, it's also in a niche within a niche.
    Located just south of Playa del Carmen, Hidden Beach is all-adult and au naturel, which means that guests are required to be nude most of the time. It's not "clothing optional" and not for gawkers.
    With 42 oceanfront suites, it's also all-inclusive and exclusive. That means your $400-a-night room for two gets you lobster and fine spirits around-the-clock, if you so choose.
    When You Go

GETTING THERE
    To reach Hidden Beach, you fly to Canc?n and then take ground transportation to the resort, which is near Playa del Carmen. The ride takes about 30 minutes and should be arranged in advance.

MORE DETAILS
    For more information on Hidden Beach or to book online, contact 011-52-984-875-7000.
    For package deals, Castaways Travel (based near Houston), specializes in nudist travel and has extensive information on Hidden Beach. Contact: 281-362-8785.
    The resort is uniquely located on a stretch of beach that's completely secluded from any of its neighbors. It's dedicated exclusively to Hidden Beach guests and allows them to move freely and comfortably ? and naked ? from the hotel to the ocean.
    And unlike some popular nudist resorts that are sexually charged, this one prohibits intimate contact in public among the guests ? even married couples ? and does not allow spouse-swapping or similar behavior, said hotel general manager Rub?n Becerra.
    Rather, he said, Hidden Beach is a classy place for people who yearn to leave their clothes behind for a long weekend and enjoy a full-body tan.
    "People relate nudism with sex, and that's wrong," said Mr. Becerra. "This is first-class ... not sex tourism, not swinger, not gay."
    The five-star hotel was carved out of the neighboring, adult-only, clothing-required El Dorado resort and was completely refurbished.
    Hidden Beach has its own entrance, high walls and unique "swim-up" suites, in which the pool comes right up to the ground-floor rooms. The suites are luxurious and intimate, with a king-size bed. Nude dining is offered at the hotel's gourmet restaurant.
    For a steep $150, El Dorado guests can buy a day-pass to Hidden Beach ? but they have to go au naturel. Hidden Beach visitors, once they're fully clothed, can visit the four-star El Dorado for free.
    Mr. Becerra said El Dorado guests sometimes move to Hidden Beach after paying the considerable difference in price. Many are first-time nudists.
    Although Mexico is coming late to the nudist niche, Mr. Becerra said the country and the tourism industry are ready.
    "You have to look at what your competitors are doing and do something different," the hotel general manager said. "This is a niche that is ready."
    The hotel was inaugurated earlier this year with a so-called "Naked Air" flight in which guests could fly in the nude on a chartered airplane to Canc?n, where clothes had to be donned for the trip to Hidden Beach.
    The flight was arranged by Houston-based Castaways Travel. A similar flight ? perhaps out of Dallas ? is being planned for next year.
    One rule at Hidden Beach is that guests are not to be bothered by the pesky media. But Mr. Becerra said that comments made to the resort's Web site are not filtered by the hotel.
    One woman giving her hometown as Austin, Texas, wrote the following in the Web guest book:

"My husband talked me into spending one day and night at Hidden on Sept. 12th and I wish we could have stayed longer. The service was incredible at Hidden and even though we had never been, I was very comfortable. We kind of stayed to ourselves, but everyone was very nice.?

I just read a positive revue in my local paper about Hidden Beach Resort in Mexico. http://www.hiddenbeachresort.com/
    Nude haven promises luxury -- and proper behavior By LAURENCE ILIFF / The Dallas Morning News
    RIVIERA MAYA, Mexico ? The sun-drenched corridor from Canc?n to Tulum is studded with hotels and resorts that offer much of the same thing: great beaches, tasty food and friendly service. Hidden Beach offers all that without the constraint of clothing.
    The boutique hotel is not just in the nudist niche, it's also in a niche within a niche.
    Located just south of Playa del Carmen, Hidden Beach is all-adult and au naturel, which means that guests are required to be nude most of the time. It's not "clothing optional" and not for gawkers.
    With 42 oceanfront suites, it's also all-inclusive and exclusive. That means your $400-a-night room for two gets you lobster and fine spirits around-the-clock, if you so choose.
    When You Go

GETTING THERE
    To reach Hidden Beach, you fly to Canc?n and then take ground transportation to the resort, which is near Playa del Carmen. The ride takes about 30 minutes and should be arranged in advance.

MORE DETAILS
    For more information on Hidden Beach or to book online, contact 011-52-984-875-7000.
    For package deals, Castaways Travel (based near Houston), specializes in nudist travel and has extensive information on Hidden Beach. Contact: 281-362-8785.
    The resort is uniquely located on a stretch of beach that's completely secluded from any of its neighbors. It's dedicated exclusively to Hidden Beach guests and allows them to move freely and comfortably ? and naked ? from the hotel to the ocean.
    And unlike some popular nudist resorts that are sexually charged, this one prohibits intimate contact in public among the guests ? even married couples ? and does not allow spouse-swapping or similar behavior, said hotel general manager Rub?n Becerra.
    Rather, he said, Hidden Beach is a classy place for people who yearn to leave their clothes behind for a long weekend and enjoy a full-body tan.
    "People relate nudism with sex, and that's wrong," said Mr. Becerra. "This is first-class ... not sex tourism, not swinger, not gay."
    The five-star hotel was carved out of the neighboring, adult-only, clothing-required El Dorado resort and was completely refurbished.
    Hidden Beach has its own entrance, high walls and unique "swim-up" suites, in which the pool comes right up to the ground-floor rooms. The suites are luxurious and intimate, with a king-size bed. Nude dining is offered at the hotel's gourmet restaurant.
    For a steep $150, El Dorado guests can buy a day-pass to Hidden Beach ? but they have to go au naturel. Hidden Beach visitors, once they're fully clothed, can visit the four-star El Dorado for free.
    Mr. Becerra said El Dorado guests sometimes move to Hidden Beach after paying the considerable difference in price. Many are first-time nudists.
    Although Mexico is coming late to the nudist niche, Mr. Becerra said the country and the tourism industry are ready.
    "You have to look at what your competitors are doing and do something different," the hotel general manager said. "This is a niche that is ready."
    The hotel was inaugurated earlier this year with a so-called "Naked Air" flight in which guests could fly in the nude on a chartered airplane to Canc?n, where clothes had to be donned for the trip to Hidden Beach.
    The flight was arranged by Houston-based Castaways Travel. A similar flight ? perhaps out of Dallas ? is being planned for next year.
    One rule at Hidden Beach is that guests are not to be bothered by the pesky media. But Mr. Becerra said that comments made to the resort's Web site are not filtered by the hotel.
    One woman giving her hometown as Austin, Texas, wrote the following in the Web guest book:

"My husband talked me into spending one day and night at Hidden on Sept. 12th and I wish we could have stayed longer. The service was incredible at Hidden and even though we had never been, I was very comfortable. We kind of stayed to ourselves, but everyone was very nice.?

Comment

Just picked up TAN (I was under the impression I might be in it but I wasn't, long story) and saw an ad for Hidden Beach in it...looks beautiful and from Texas, that's a short and inexpensive airplane ticket...it's starting to get cool here, maybe we should go live on Hidden Beach for the winter [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounds good to me! Wouldn't need to pack much. A toothbrush doesn't take up much space on a plane. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by NuTex:
          [qb] Sounds good to me! Wouldn't need to pack much. A toothbrush doesn't take up much space on a plane. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [/qb]
          Actually NuTex, you could buy a toothbrush when you got to your destination. When do we leave? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I'm tired of this cold weather and the snow that goes with it!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] Have a great nude day!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
          Deb [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
            I'm tired of this cold weather and the snow that goes with it!!!
            Snow? We have cold and rain here right now. At least snow might be pretty but we don't get much of that around here. If I gotta be cold at least I could have something nice to look at.

quote:
            Have a great nude day!!
            You too Deb!
            NuTex

Comment

This months issue of Playboy did an add for this resort and it sounds good and cheap! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by R.M.GREENMAN2:
                [qb] . . . it sounds good and cheap! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [/qb]
                "Cheap" is always relative. This resort describes itself as a 4 1/2 star property, and it is priced accordingly.

We were considering it for a vacation later this year, but there are so many negative trip reports about it on the web that we decided to look elsewhere.

But I agree that just about any place in the Caribbean sounds good at this time of year. I'm stuck here right now, but make the right offer and I can walk out my door in 30 minutes. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X