Vancouver, Canada's "Wreck Beach", goes mainstream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vancouver, Canada's "Wreck Beach", goes mainstream

I love the fact that here nudity is no "big whoop" -- this excerpt is from today's Tourism Vancouver's e-newsletter that's sent to interested people around the world:

Wreck Beach

This six-kilometre long, wilderness-like beach is Canada's first and largest, legal, clothing-optional beach. It's located at the western tip of Vancouver, adjacent to the University of British Columbia campus, down a long flight of steep stairs. On a summer weekend, as many as 14,000 visitors flock to the beach which stretches from the Musqueam Reserve to Spanish Banks West. Vendors Row, located down the middle of the beach below Trail 6, offers snacks and refreshments. Note: Wreck Beach enthusiasts are a loyal and protective bunch who take their right to "bare" arms, legs and everything else pretty seriously.

I love the fact that here nudity is no "big whoop" -- this excerpt is from today's Tourism Vancouver's e-newsletter that's sent to interested people around the world:

Wreck Beach

This six-kilometre long, wilderness-like beach is Canada's first and largest, legal, clothing-optional beach. It's located at the western tip of Vancouver, adjacent to the University of British Columbia campus, down a long flight of steep stairs. On a summer weekend, as many as 14,000 visitors flock to the beach which stretches from the Musqueam Reserve to Spanish Banks West. Vendors Row, located down the middle of the beach below Trail 6, offers snacks and refreshments. Note: Wreck Beach enthusiasts are a loyal and protective bunch who take their right to "bare" arms, legs and everything else pretty seriously.

Comment

We're hoping to get up there one summer..I've heard it is awesome! Thanks for the excerpt!

:-)
      Dee

Comment

We're right there with you!

Comment

EXCELLENT!

Comment

A visit there is definitely on my things-to-do list. It's a looooong drive from here on the prairies though.

Comment

I have only been once and it was my first time so I didn't go nude, but it was a great atmosphere. I went during the first week of school though so there were a lot of students there just killing time between classes.

Didn't notice any gawkers though.

Comment

I visited Wreck beach for a day several years ago. I was unware, until this thread started, that the beach was six kilometers long! I sure would have done some exploring had I known how far I could have gone. Vancouver residents are blessed to have this incredible asset in their community. I'm green with envy. Wish something could be done with Assateague Island in Maryland.

Comment

Working...
                X