Israel Beach Review - Gaash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israel Beach Review - Gaash

As a regular beach goer, I have started to frequently Gaash, about 10 KM north of Tel Aviv off of the main coastal highway (2) just North of Herzlia Pituach.

Access is from the South side of Kibbutz Gaash, following the signs to the Sharon National Park. Access to the beach is from a trail that runs down the cliffs to the beach. From the aerial pictures (http://gaash.co.il/images/gaash10.jpg) there appears to be a driving road down to the shore inside the Kibbutz that is just North of the lifeguard stand. This may allow handicap access to the beach.

The beach itself is clean, has a lifeguard, basic sanitary facilities. Wire bag holders serving as trash receptacles are spaced along the entire length of the beach. Unlike most of the public beaches there is no pub or snack bar -- therefore there is no loud music blaring on the beach --paradise.

Nudists tend to start about 100 meters from the main public beach North of the lifeguard stand. I have seen nudes South of the lifeguard stand about 300 meters. There is a point about 150 meters North of the lifeguard stand where it is mostly nude for about 1 KM. From the picture this is the left half of the beach.

My trips have been on Friday mornings. Most of the nudes are males with occasional couples on the beach. I see a few regulars on the beach. Most spread out equidistant from each other under their umbrellas. There is no socializing, just a nod. A few fishermen can be seen in the morning out in the coral with their long poles.

I have seen an occassional gawker on the cliffs above the beach. The cliffs are quite dangerous for gawkers so they can not get too close to the edge. They also have to enter the Kibbutz to reach the cliff edges.

Swimming can be hazardous beyond the lifeguard stand. Careful attention should be paid to rocks and coral in the water. There are large openings along the shore where the water is clear. The surf tends to be mostly breakers and white water.

In Israel, the lifeguard flags are white, red, and black. White is mild; black is dangerous. I observe mostly white and red conditions. A riptide does exist in black flag conditions. Be careful, people do drown on Israel’s shores every summer.

This is a beautiful spot and one of my favorites in Israel. No one seems to mind the nudes on this beach, and if they do they keep their distance. The kibbutznicks from Gaash clean the beach and pickup the trash in a tractor. They pay no attention either, but will return a wave if they pass by.

Gaash is a great discovery for the nudist (certainly not my own, but hardly mentioned on the Internet). I suspect that most of the beaches in Israel away from the crowds and around the corners of the coastal cliffs are nudist paradises. I am anxious to confirm this on future trips.

As a regular beach goer, I have started to frequently Gaash, about 10 KM north of Tel Aviv off of the main coastal highway (2) just North of Herzlia Pituach.

Access is from the South side of Kibbutz Gaash, following the signs to the Sharon National Park. Access to the beach is from a trail that runs down the cliffs to the beach. From the aerial pictures (http://gaash.co.il/images/gaash10.jpg) there appears to be a driving road down to the shore inside the Kibbutz that is just North of the lifeguard stand. This may allow handicap access to the beach.

The beach itself is clean, has a lifeguard, basic sanitary facilities. Wire bag holders serving as trash receptacles are spaced along the entire length of the beach. Unlike most of the public beaches there is no pub or snack bar -- therefore there is no loud music blaring on the beach --paradise.

Nudists tend to start about 100 meters from the main public beach North of the lifeguard stand. I have seen nudes South of the lifeguard stand about 300 meters. There is a point about 150 meters North of the lifeguard stand where it is mostly nude for about 1 KM. From the picture this is the left half of the beach.

My trips have been on Friday mornings. Most of the nudes are males with occasional couples on the beach. I see a few regulars on the beach. Most spread out equidistant from each other under their umbrellas. There is no socializing, just a nod. A few fishermen can be seen in the morning out in the coral with their long poles.

I have seen an occassional gawker on the cliffs above the beach. The cliffs are quite dangerous for gawkers so they can not get too close to the edge. They also have to enter the Kibbutz to reach the cliff edges.

Swimming can be hazardous beyond the lifeguard stand. Careful attention should be paid to rocks and coral in the water. There are large openings along the shore where the water is clear. The surf tends to be mostly breakers and white water.

In Israel, the lifeguard flags are white, red, and black. White is mild; black is dangerous. I observe mostly white and red conditions. A riptide does exist in black flag conditions. Be careful, people do drown on Israel’s shores every summer.

This is a beautiful spot and one of my favorites in Israel. No one seems to mind the nudes on this beach, and if they do they keep their distance. The kibbutznicks from Gaash clean the beach and pickup the trash in a tractor. They pay no attention either, but will return a wave if they pass by.

Gaash is a great discovery for the nudist (certainly not my own, but hardly mentioned on the Internet). I suspect that most of the beaches in Israel away from the crowds and around the corners of the coastal cliffs are nudist paradises. I am anxious to confirm this on future trips.

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by izzynude:
      As a regular beach goer, I have started to frequently Gaash, about 10 KM north of Tel Aviv off of the main coastal highway (2) just North of Herzlia Pituach. ...

We tried to find the way down to this beach a few years ago, without success. We parked in a sandy lot and there was one car hopelessly stuck in the sand, which frightened us. Still we walked along the edge of the cliff looking for a SAFE path down, but without success. We have visited beaches in California where the pathways are hidden and if you go down the wrong one, can end up falling down on rocks, or worse. Exactly where is the pathway in this photo? We will be in Israel in July and would love to spend a day at this beach.

Comment

The path is on the far right of the picture, to the right of the sun shelters and life guard stand. You approach the beach by car, going straight through the traffic circle just South of the Gaash Mall. Sign says "Sharon Nature Reserve". Park where you see cars. There is a gate in the fence on the South end of the parking lot, behind the bushes, that has an easy path to the beach. I found it by following the folks that parked after me.

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by izzynude:
          The path is on the far right of the picture, to the right of the sun shelters and life guard stand. You approach the beach by car, going straight through the traffic circle just South of the Gaash Mall. Sign says "Sharon Nature Reserve". Park where you see cars. There is a gate in the fence on the South end of the parking lot, behind the bushes, that has an easy path to the beach. I found it by following the folks that parked after me.

Thanks, we will be in Israel in July and I would like to try again. Do you belong to the Amuta? We have joined them a couple of times.

gmar chatima tova!

Comment

pls go to our forum
            http://hydepark.hevre.co.il/hydepark...pic_id=1495576

If you like u can e-mail me
            [email protected]

Comment

Thanks,

I have met with Anats group a couple of times on a beach north of Gaash but it was pretty public. We will be in Israel for 2 weeks next July and would love to visit Gaash, the beach at the dead sea, etc., so I will email you. Or send me a private message. Thanks

(I also speak Ivrit)

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by sunaddicted:
                Thanks,

I have met with Anats group a couple of times on a beach north of Gaash but it was pretty public. We will be in Israel for 2 weeks next July and would love to visit Gaash, the beach at the dead sea, etc., so I will email you. Or send me a private message. Thanks

(I also speak Ivrit)

Sorry, for the delay. I get to the forum on spurts based on other obligations.

Gaash has some foot traffic from both ends of the section of beach and is realitively close to Netanya. Still I have spent hours there with only a few folks passing by. Most on their way to stop along the beach and sunbathe. I suspect that most of the folks that get to this part of the beach are used to nude bathers and pay little attention.

Comment

Working...
                X