Wreck Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wreck Beach

Any body know if there are official hours that wreck beach is open, or is it go when you want.
    My wife and I will be there on the 30th of July.
    Thanks

nt

When I was there four or five years ago, there was a sign indicating that overnight camping was forbidden, but no other inidications of limits. From observation, it appeared that some people did not pay much attention to the ban on overnight camping either.

Comment

Originally posted by natravellers:
      Any body know if there are official hours that wreck beach is open, or is it go when you want.
      My wife and I will be there on the 30th of July.
      Thanks
      Check the Wreck Beach website - http://www.wreckbeach.org/

Hope it's a sunny warm day for the two of you

Comment

It boggles my mind that a beach can have hours of operation.

When is the ocean open?

Comment

There are no "hours of operation" for Wreck Beach. Just go and enjoy!

Comment

Hours of operation for a beach is a strange concept. At Gunnison Beach for example, while the ocean is still there, the park closes at sun down and everyone is supposed to leave. There are some options for fishermen, but not many people take advantage of that.

That situation does not exist at Wreck Beach where you can basically walk in at any time.

Comment

hmmm..not that it matters because we'll be off before sunset
              trail 6 with hours

Thanks for all the input guys, we can't wait to see Wreck Beach

NT

Comment

sorry about that

Comment

My picture was taken at Wreck Beach a couple of years ago. You wouldn't want to handle the stairway in the dark and the tides there are tricky as far as hiding things under the water. We found the beach very quiet during the morning and early afternoon and quite crowded from 2:30-3 PM. We always left around 5 in order to get back to downtown Vancouver. Its a great beach, with a 60's hippy atmosphere of wierd sales going on and a funny mix of clothed college kids, and nudes. Well worth seeing and experiencing. Check out Nudius Foodius, a food stand.

BTW, Haulover Beach closes at sundown, at least the parking lot does. Visitors coming late are often interested in the wrong types of activities.

Comment

My room mate went there on her vacation, she said it was amazing. I cant wait to go

Comment

Wreck Beach is a very interesting place, especially since it is located in the midst of a heavily populated urban area. But you better be in good shape to make the long climb up the hill after you have enjoyed a day at the nude beach!

Comment

Wreck Beach is my favorite hangout. I think it's open from 8am until dusk. I can't understand the reason for beach hours, but when there are parties after dusk, the Police will always show up. You can see them coming for 10 minutes though; as they are a visible trail of bright lights slowly making their way down the hill.

Comment

Working...
                        X