Nudity at Club Med in Cancun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nudity at Club Med in Cancun?

Anyone know if nudity is permitted on the beach at the Club Med in Cancun, Mexico? We will be at the Sun Palace Resort not far North of there in a week or so.

Anyone know if nudity is permitted on the beach at the Club Med in Cancun, Mexico? We will be at the Sun Palace Resort not far North of there in a week or so.

Comment

Alas never saw a spot where one could get nude and be comfortable - certainly wasn't posted and saw no nudity

Comment

Club Med many years ago had some destination beaches set aside for clothing optional use, but in recent years Club Med has gone to a family type operation with children of all ages allowed, so I doubt if any still have C/O cruises or destinations unless there specifically Adult only travel.

BTW "slowpoke's" trip was almost 2.5 years ago.

Comment

I hope that is not to say that naturism itself is "Adult" and not a family type of operation with children of all ages allowed?

Comment

I didn't say that. Club Med started out targeting singles in the 21 - 39 age group and some destinations had clothing optional beach sections.

The only thing I see now advertised now with Club Med is family style destinations and not a mention of clothing optional anymore.

Comment

My wife and I have been to several Club Meds and the only one where we were able to get naked at was the one on Guadaloupe called Caravelle. This was back in the late 70's. The main beach where there wasn't a palm tree for shade was textile but the next section alongside was the nude side. (This was my first exposure and participation to public nudity other than high school and YMCA swimming)

I dont know if they club still exists and if it does whether it still has a nude beach. I understand a hurricane went through there and they had to rebuild. I also agree that Cub Med is trying to promote a family atmosphere so they may have eliminated this nude beach for that reason. (Go Figure - we nudists are bad for family atmosphere!)

Comment

Recent reports on TripAdvisor suggest that the nude beach at Club Med Guadeloupe is now the windsurfing location, and that nudity is banned. That's progress! (PS Having experienced both windsurfing and nudity, I'd say nudity wins - at least it's less energetic).

Comment

Hey tiger - Remember Sorobon - you can windsurf and be naked at the same time!!!

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by Fuzzy Nuts:
                    Hey tiger - Remember Sorobon - you can windsurf and be naked at the same time!!!

Yes, yes, but it's the energetic bit which puts me off. Anyway, having windsurfed in the delightful English climate (complete with wetsuit), I think I qualify for a break. My wife windsurfed on holiday once in Cyprus, but she wasn't too good at turning round - the windsurf guy and I had to take a pedalo out to rescue her (she was about halfway to Beirut). Haven't been able to look at a pedalo since!

Comment

Working...
                    X