Desert Fountain Inn, Palm Springs - Sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desert Fountain Inn, Palm Springs - Sold

Just got an email from the owners of Desert Fountain Inn in Palm Springs, CA. The resort has been SOLD to new owners. The good news is that the new owners plan on running it the same way it's been run the past year and a half. That means that this clothing optional resort will remain an option for people going to Palm Springs.

Just thought I'd pass that along.

Dee

Just got an email from the owners of Desert Fountain Inn in Palm Springs, CA. The resort has been SOLD to new owners. The good news is that the new owners plan on running it the same way it's been run the past year and a half. That means that this clothing optional resort will remain an option for people going to Palm Springs.

Just thought I'd pass that along.

Dee

Comment

Dee, we sent you a PM.

FP

Comment

Just returned from a weekend at the Terra Cotta in Palm Springs. While there we were discussing the Desert Fountain. It appears to be closed. I was told they have applied for a permit to operate it as a half-way house for ex-cons.

One of the other guests of the Terra Cotta said how much they like the Desert Fountain and that they had tried to make reservations and were told they weren't taking reservations.

I will try to confirm this. Two different sources said they were no longer operating. I drove by their location and saw no cars, but it is difficult to see their parking lot from the street.

Comment

We spoke to the new manager of Desert Fountain Inn in early April and she indicated that it was still going to remain C/O.

I personally can't see them making it a half way house, it's too nice of a property, IMO.

I'd go directly to the source on this one before taking it for gospil.

:-)
          Dee

Comment

If they make it a half way house, it should be for EX-Clothes CONS cious people!!

Comment

Although HWH may be socially responsible, I sincerely doubt that property could be intended for that purpose. For example, the tax revenues lost from the nudist operation can fund 3 HWH's

Comment

Their website is gone, so it is likely that it is not continuing as a clothing optional resort.

Don't know anymore than that, but if you just bought the place and planned on continuing to operate it as before, would you close the website?

Comment

Possibly.....may want to change the name. Start over fresh with their own ideas, own spin, own cliental base.

I'll send an e-mail to the owners of TCI and see if they are aware of anything regarding this property.

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by Alii:
                    Their website is gone, so it is likely that it is not continuing as a clothing optional resort.

Don't know anymore than that, but if you just bought the place and planned on continuing to operate it as before, would you close the website?

I've been concerned over the lack of webpage updating. When I spoke in person with the new manager of DFI, she told me of all their plans to keep the resort c/o. Plans can change and it's looking like they may have in this case.

Thanks to FireProf for inquiring for us!

Comment

Working...
                    X